Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:23 am

Vymer nods, he retracts his hand, "Don't wait too long, this bastard isn't going to stay hold up in his little hideout long. We leave with or without you in thirty minutes. I'd rather it with."

Vymer and Quill return to telling tells with the locals about the Wrecker fight and enjoy another drink or two while they wait.

That's when the barkeep comes out from the back with a rather waifish looking woman. The woman's eyes are blank, she just stares forward hardly noticing anything. Yet the locals make sure to avoid her gaze and no one tries anything funny while she is standing behind the bar. Chenshan scans the room and spots you. He motions you over, "Alright come on." He then leads you out a side door and into the street, he quickly crosses into a building next door, his guards following you. He opens a door, then punches in a code on a small data pad beyond that and a second door lock gives out. He heads into the small structure, metal and broken, rusted and pitted, as you enter you realize you are jammed into the head of a Sentinel Walker like the kinds used by the Imperial Guard. In fact there are four of them chained together, welded and perversely attached to one another to form a sort of safe chamber. All four of them have had a shanty built up around them so from the outside all you see if a shack, inside, well that's another story. Bits and pieces of armor and weapons and archeo tech are hung on the wall, neatly stacked in piles or on shelves. Some collect dust, others don't. "Welcome to my emporium."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 am

Solaria looks around, rather impressed. "I must say, Master Chenshan, I was not expecting Sentinels.", she says with a smile. She nods to Haxtes and points at the tech. Then she goes about looking for weapons and other items of worth. "I get the distinct feeling that some of these might have belonged, at one time, to those souls that came to be cremated...", she says with a grin.

"Oh and we only have about thirty minutes, boys and girls. So let's shop fast. Master Chenshan, what can you tell me about those two mercs out in the common room?"
So what's here to buy?
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:56 pm

The man narrows his eyes at Solaria, "So I've been told these are Sentinels, I've never seen them myself. This place was here long before I was, and these Sentinels long before that." He stops, and holds a hand up to you, "I don't rob the dead, it ain't worth it you understand? The damn weepers will come down here and cause me too much trouble. Some gangs claim they are able to raid a vault or two, but the tunnels that lead into the bowels of the House of Dust and Ash are all sealed up tight, dead ends. I don't deal in death, at least not in robbing the dead. But if you have a problem with it, maybe you should just turn around and forget about this."

He holds his remarks on the pair a moment before he adds, "I know as much about them as I know about you."
Most of the stuff is relics, pieces of non-combat gear here and there. You could conceivably buy a Charm, or some piece of memorabilia from the area. None of the archeo-tech is in working order, and none of the things are alien in nature. He sells all your basic hive like gear, armor, ammo, etc -- anything common. He will also buy items from you.

He has a few pieces of interesting items.

Orthlack Mark IV Thollos Autopistol (Ing Hbk pg 175)
Class: Pistol (SP)
Produces by he Fane of Orthlack in Gunmetal City, the "Thollos" or "Tholl" has long been a popular backup weapon of line officers in Calixian Guard units, who favor its stopping power over most regulation sidearms. Indeed, so common has the practice of carrying one become that many old military families often present their sons and daughters with a commemoratively inscribed Thollos to mark their first commission. This one is inscribed, "If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be disappointed."
- Eyor Dedonki, Memoirs of a Pessimist. 479 M41

Range: 30m, RoF: S/-/6, Dam: 1d10+4I, Pen 0, Clip 12, Eld Full, Wt 2.5 kg

Hack Shotgun (Inq Hbk)
Class: Pistol (SP)
Known by a wide variety of nicknames on different worlds, this is a conventional double barrel shotgun, cut down to the smallest possible size and rigged to fire both barrels at once from a single trigger pull. Although very short ranged and hardly a precision weapon, the twin blast is still devastating against "soft targets" (such as unarmoured civilians), and the sight of one can have a very salutary effect on bystanders. A hack is no sub for a true combat weapon though, as many a ganger faced with carapace-armored enforces has found to their cost. Although it only fires a single blast, it uses two shotgun shells at once (if loaded with a single shell it only inflicts 1d10+4 damage without the Tearing ability)

Range: 10m, RoF S/-/-, Dam 1d10+4I, Pen 0, Clip 1, Rld 2Full, Special: Inaccurate, Scatter, Tearing, Wt: 3kg

Eikon: An eikon is a portrait, usually of the Emperor, but also of Saints and other notables of the Imperium. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, ranging from the small cameos with locking covers to large triptychs meant to be openly displayed on tabletops and altars. Sold in great number throughout the Sector, eikons are most common among native militia, who often attach them to the weapon vehicles.

This one is of an image of a man that you don't recognize, noble and regal, with a hint of sinister air to him. The Eikon is a small cameo that could easily be pinned on a cloak or shirt.

Ring of Sufferage
Designed to cause minor discomfort when twisted, the ring of sufferage is treated as a charm.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:10 am

Items from Baelkrist that I will sell- Stub auto w/ 2 clips, Knife, Flak Jacket, Flak Cloak.

I'll part with these, already taken off of sheet. (I think Rego or Jericus has the Combat Shotgun.

Items I'll be buying- All the items, but the Hack Shotgun. We have better. So ring, icon and pistol minus the thrones that he'll give me for the above items. Plus add a bottle of White Gyn to the list (5 Thrones, common Hive item.)

*** Use Barter Skill***
Solaria looks around, smiling at the small bits and pieces of relics and non-working archeotech. Maybe Haxtes can find something here to tinker with. She lays a hand on an Axe-rake and smile, wondering about her parents for a moment, then continues on.

She picks up the Orthlack autopistol and nods. If her parents could have afforded this, they would have sent her off with one. She keeps that, finds a "pain-ring" that Rego would like and also picks up a small cameo. For some reason, she thinks that maybe Jericus or Damien would like it. Offering up the items to buys, she tosses down some armour and an auto-stub with ammo for trade. "How much can you take off the price if I send these your way?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:55 am

Barter: 13 vs 37 Success 2 Degrees: Discount 20%

With the trade in, it costs Solaria 28 Gelt (marked off sheet)

Adding Eikon, Ring and Throll to your sheet.

I also moved/updated the last 2 items from Bealkrist you had.

Chenshan takes up the flak gear and paws at it, "Damaged here..." he pokes a finger through a hole "But not un fixable." He sizes up Solaria and the pair haggle over the quality of the items and the over all need and rarity of most of the items. In the end Solaria manages the upper hand. After trade in for a bunch of things she didn't need she hands over 28 gelt and collects the gun, with one full clip, the eikon of the unknown man, which after a quick question is told, "Oh that? That is one of the Haarlocks", and and the ring for Rego.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Haxtes looks through the wares, sometimes makim a "hmmm" or a "hum" to show approval or disapproval of an item.
Looking for a Flak Greatcoat from IH and a "mag" for the flamer (3 shots).
Can Haxtes find these? If he finds the Greatcoat, he will sell his Flack Jacket for it.
He does not barter.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:40 pm

I'm going to make acquisition rolls for these items.

Great Coat 16 Success
Flamer Round 86 Fail

You get the coat, trading in your current armor for it. Costs you 100gelt in the long run.

Sheet updated.
Haxtes prowls the wears looking for flamer canisters but finds none. He does find a flak greatcoak, there is a single patched hole right over hte heart of the coat, some poor PDF commander took a fatal shot there, and the coat ended up in Chenshan's collection and has since been repaired. Trading in his own flak jacket for it Haxtes tries it on and hands over another 100 gelt.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:29 pm

Xanthia pours over various items, not finding much of interest. All of the armor is of lesser quality than hers and nothing can stack up to the bolter she has. She does finally see the icon, but only after it is in Solaria's possession. That might have been the only thing she'd have bought.
Look for more Spitfire rounds, but not expecting anything. Also, not sure that there'd be much in the way of armor, since next step up is the Xeno stuff for me.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:45 am

"One of the Haarlocks? Really? Which one, if you don't mind me asking. Oh, and you haven't said anything about the two mercs...", she adds, wondering about her original question.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:43 am

The man replies about the mercs, "Like I said I know as much about those mercs as I know about you. They did a little shopping too in fact."

Xanthia comes across a handfull of spitfire rounds surprisingly, but that is about it down here in Deadtown.

Chenshan looks at the caemo, "Oh that one is Solomon himself, the lord and founder of the line." He looks at the caemo, "Huh", and then hands it back to Solaria. "Anythings else I can do for you?"
five spitfire rounds found. Ill update yur sheet tomorrow when im not on my phone.