Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:57 am

1/2 move- x2 South (1/2 speed due to cloud) south, Throw Fire Bomb into square SE of Quill, Close Range +10. (Gonna burn him up!) 1d10+3 E, Pen 6, Agility or catch fire...

Spent 1 Fate Point to auto-heal 1d5 wounds, please.
Solaria picks a direction and staggers that way. Luckily it takes her out of the cloud just enough to spot Quill. He leg is burning from the wound, but far less than she had originally though. The woman's face is dark with soot and blood, but her eye's burn with revenge. "You whore-sons! I had a feeling. Oh, by the way... Fair is fair!", she says, ripping a reddidh colored grenade from he webbing. Priming it, the Arbite tosses it right next to Quill and it explodes in a sheet of blistering flame!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Haxtes quickly recovers his sense of direction and backs out of the cloud, and then snaps off a shot at Quill with his hellgun.
Move S,S,SE.
Standard: Shoot once at Quill. Red dot, close range.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:34 pm

I edited my previous post. I screwed up and called her Solaria, not Jett. And mentioned Xanthia's real name, etc.
Round 2 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4
Solaira picks a direction and staggers out of the blind cloud into a hail of bullets from one of the ganger's autogun. The man opens fire on Solaria as she staggers out and the spray of bullets connects with her helm several times knocking her about and sending her down to the ground behind the pews pinned under the deadly hail of shots. This situation is turning from bad to worse, and on top of it all you are three men down. As she falls to the ground behind the pews her one arm is exposed and she is hit bad across the forearm. Bleeding now from her ear (after taking a shot to the helm) and her arm she hunkers down as the hail of bullets keeps her pinned. She manages to draw her firebomb still and lob it up and over the pews but it lands short as she doesn't stick her head up to look where she throws it. It lands nearly on top of Quill and when it blows up the man is engulfed in flames and catches fire. The problem is the flames wash over Solaria as well lighting up the pews and sending the room into a burning mess of ancient wooden benches. She manages to put the flames out that try and catch on her, but things are going very very poorly for her right now.

Haxtes escapes the cloud and starts toward the exit snapping off a shot on the run at the burning Quill. He manages to hit nothing however, only blowing off a hunk of stone work on the far wall.

Xanthia...
Solaira Fate to Heal: +2 Wounds, Move [Overwatch #5: Short +10, FA +20: 30 vs 58 3 Success: Head [Dodge: 428 vs 34 Success], Head: 10 -3AP-4T=3 Wounds, Arm 9 -4AP-4T=1 Wound = 4 Wounds Total: Hard (-20) Pinning Test: 19 vs 15 Pinned! Half Actions Must Remain in Cover. Throw Firebomb: (-20 Pinned / Close +10): 42 vs 35 Miss: Scatter: 1 NW, Distance 2M. Blast (3) Quill 12 - 0AP (5-6Pen) -4T = 8 Wounds + Ag: 38 vs 35 ON FIRE, Solaria: 5 - 0AP (4-6Pen)-4T =1 Wound + Ag: 85 Fail! (Fate Point Re-Roll: 15 Success) NOT ON FIRE

Okay that was brutal! I spent a Fate so you didn't catch fire!

Haxtes: Move, Shoot Quill (Laser Sight +10, Close +10): 90 Miss
Solaria: 7/16, Pinned -20
Xanthia: 8/12, Fatigued -10, In Blind Cloud
Haxtes: 10/11

Quill: -8 Wounds, On Fire

Being Pinned
A Pinned character may only take Half Actions. Additionally, he must take a –20 penalty to Ballistic Skill Tests if he fires, snapping off shots while being mindful of their own safety. If a Pinned character is in cover relative to the attacker that Pinned them, he may not leave it except to retreat (provided that he can remain in cover while doing so). If he is not in cover when Pinned he must use his next Turn to reach cover. If there is no cover nearby, he must move away from the attacker that Pinned him. A character can Test Willpower at the end of his Turn to escape Pinning, in which case he may act as normal in his next Turn. This Test is Easy (+30) if the character is no longer under fire (i.e. no one tried to shoot him since his last Turn). A character engaged in close combat automatically escapes Pinning. There are some special Talents, Skills and Psychic Powers that can also free a character from the effects of Pinning—as well as such things as combat drugs and terrifying commissars.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Xanthia hears the grenade go off, making out the direction of the blast and figuring that it wasn't one of the mercs that threw it. "I believe my friends have just made my answer for me. They do not like your terms, nor do I."

She moves forward, knowing that there is an exit to the cloud that way, mindful of the layout that was directly in front of her. Stepping forward and out of the cloud, she rotates to the right, not worried about the ganger that will be behind her, instead interested in focusing on the mercenaries. They are the real threat at the moment.

As she clears the cloud, the spitfire comes up, moving towards the merc as she squeezes the trigger.
Move N 3m if I can crouch down at the end of it. If I can't crouch as part of the move, move 4m north.
Fire spitfire at Vymer.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 am

Round 2 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4

Round 3 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4
Xanthia staggers out of the cloud trying to grope her way into the clear. She however moves right into the field of fire of three of the gangers. They fire a massive spray of bullets from their autoguns at the woman. She manages to duck under one that is aimed for her head and a spray strike the dias between here and the gangers while some others just fo wide whizzing through almost back toward Haxtes. One lucky bullet hits her in the chest just as she is about to drop to crouch behind the stonework dias. Her armor holds but the spray of bullets puts her down pinned under it. Two men are spraying lead hoses over her head, and one is behind her with a gun that is emptying at her back, and that keeps her head down for certain. She lifts an arm over the stonework and fires into the dais at Vymer, the spitfire blasting a scorch mark all across the five meter thick barrier between the pair.

Vymer pops his own head up and fires his shotgun at her, the blast burps a promethium gel that sprays flames into the open air but misses the assassin, which she's thankful for. "You have sealed your friend's deaths then. If they won't give you up, we'll be forced to kill them too. But they can still flee now if they want, and I won't give chase!"

Quill is silently attempting to put the fire out that is on him. The flames aren't great but he struggles to reach them along his shoulders and arms and back and he manages to resist the heat but can't get the fire out yet, and its starting to tire him.
Xanthia: Move/Crouch [Overwatch: #2 Close +10, Full Auto +20: 53 vs 58 Success: Body Dodge: 17 Success. Overwatch #3: 70 vs 58 Miss, Overwatch #4: 38 vs 58: 3 Success: Right Leg: Cover Complete, Leg Cover Complete, Body 7 - 3AP-4T=0 Wounds. 3 Pinning Attempts WP (Hard -20): 19, 16, 91 vs 21, 2 Fail: Pinned, Shoot Vymer: (Short +10, Pinned -20, Fatigue -10) 14 vs 22 Hit Body Cover Complete

I ruled that you step out of the blind fog standing up, Overwatch unloads out you, then you can crouch at the end of the move. I also ruled that 5 meters of stone is impossible to shoot through for you and them, so hits that strike the body and legs are just going to be counted as misses. Called Shots to arm and head are the way to hit Vymer, and you in turn. Xanthia is still Pinned even not taking wounds.

Vymer: Called Shot Xanthia Head, Combat Shot/Inferno Shells: (Aim +10, Short +10, Called Shot -20) 64 Miss

Quill: Put Out Fire: (Hard -20) 93 FAIL - 1 Dmg - 4T = 0 Wounds, Fatigue -10

Gangers: All Used Up Overwatches

Being Pinned
A Pinned character may only take Half Actions. Additionally, he must take a –20 penalty to Ballistic Skill Tests if he fires, snapping off shots while being mindful of their own safety. If a Pinned character is in cover relative to the attacker that Pinned them, he may not leave it except to retreat (provided that he can remain in cover while doing so). If he is not in cover when Pinned he must use his next Turn to reach cover. If there is no cover nearby, he must move away from the attacker that Pinned him. A character can Test Willpower at the end of his Turn to escape Pinning, in which case he may act as normal in his next Turn. This Test is Easy (+30) if the character is no longer under fire (i.e. no one tried to shoot him since his last Turn). A character engaged in close combat automatically escapes Pinning. There are some special Talents, Skills and Psychic Powers that can also free a character from the effects of Pinning—as well as such things as combat drugs and terrifying commissars.
The Acolytes, pinned and in trouble...
Rolling vs Pinning:
Solaria 72 Still Pinned
Xanthia 77 Still Pinned
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:27 am

Still pinned, must stay in cover.... Damn, Xan! You owe me!!! :lol:

Crawl South x2, Shoot Quill- Point Blank Range +30, Pinned -20= +10 Bonus (Any bonus for him on fire? He does light the place up! :P )

Use Spectre Assualt Rifle, armor piercing ammo.
Solaria is hurt, much more thqan she has been in a while. The woman is down to her last bit of physical reserves and crawls fowards. She tries to keep the thoughts of Jericus out of her head, the damn man keeps popping up there too! For now though, she put's her sights on the burning form of Quill and flips the selector switch to armor piercing. She sights the man in and squeezes the trigger.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 am

Yeah, definitely... though I must admit... it is kind of nice for someone other than Xanthia to be being blown up for once! :lol:

V: Which gangers are pinning me down? Doesn't really say which pin attempt succeeded, since it will definitely affect my next action. If it is a certain ganger, I read the rules as I won't be able to attack that one. Want to fire on #2, but if he is the one pinning me, I read the rules as saying I must obtain cover from the pinner, which is not the location I currently have.
Xanthia is now pinned in a bad spot similar to the way Solaria is pinned. She glances around quickly, attempting to get a good idea of what is going on with all the lead flying about her head.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Haxtes moves on and snaps a shot off at Vymer with his hellgun.
Move e,e,e. Shoot Vymer (red dot, close range).
Waiting to get in a good position for my flamer...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Round 3 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12 Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4

Solaria you are pinned, Half Action only, adjusting your action to just shoot.
Xanthia is pinned by #4.
Solaria keeping her head down behind the pews holds her Spectre up over the benches that are burning and fires blind at Quill. He gun fires off a single shot that shatters masonry behind the burning man.

Then Haxtes comes around the corner of the blind cloud and points his Hellgun right at Vymer's head. The laser red dot trembles on the man's head, then *blam* it fire a perfect hit into his face. The scorching energy of the gun burns away the man's hair and much of his flesh. He howls as his eyelids are fused together and he's blinded, choking on the smoke of his own burning body. He staggers from kneeling to all fours screaming and coughing as he's critically wounded and permanently scared.
Solaria: Pinned (Half Only) -20, Point Blank +30 = +10: 65 vs 55 Miss

Haxtes: Move, Shoot Vymer (Short +10, Laser Dot +10) 08 Hit Head for "14" (Fury: 02! Success) + 12 = 26 - 3AP-4T= 19 = 4 Critical Wounds: Energy Head - The energy attack burns away all of the hairs on the target's head as well as leaving him reeling from the injury. The attack deals 2 levels of Fatigue and the target is blinded for 1d5 (5) Rounds.

Vymer and Quill both will go into Critical Wounds as they are no just nameless Gangers.
Xanthia, pinned by one of the far men, has a clean line of sight to the ganger at her back...
Just move Haxtes 3 E

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Woohoo! That's a good ganger to have pinning me. Nice!
Xanthia keeps her head low, fearful of the random spray of bullets headed her way. Thinking to herself 'I'm glad Solaria isn't on the other side. If she had that many bullets in the air at once, I'd be dead five times over...' she drops to the ground, obtaining a bit more cover from the one causing her to really duck her head.

Once dropped, she takes a bead on the closest ganger, using the last shell in her Spitfire to blast away at the ganger.
Looks like the only free movement is Drop prone, Fire at ganger #2.