Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Solaria looks over, "Shit, she's down!", she says into her microbead, hoping that Haxtes hear's her. This is going bad, really bad. And it's time for something to change. Solaria posp up real quick, switching her Spectre to the shotgun. She pulls the trigger, setting off one of the Blazer rounds and throwing it downrange at Vymer and the reloading ganger that had her pinned. Immediately she drops back down into cover and racks the slide.
Tough rounds.... It's like the being raped with an autocannon by the Blood Pact!!! :lol: We'll just have to turn it around, quick.

Blazer round (Sheet adjusted)- Half Action - at Vymer and Ganger #5. Ignores cover, Primitive, Flame Quality, 1d10+4 E.

I think that Haxtes meant to say VYMER and Ganger #5 for his flamer attack last round. He really couln't have hit Quill and #5 from where he was standing...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Yeah I didn't apply the Flame to the Ganger. I was going to comment on that, and got distracted at work. The 30 degree angle means only covers Quill not Quill and Ganger. Also figured Quill was a bigger threat so I didn't adjust for Vymer.

After looking at the wounds Xanthia takes. It should be like this.

Xanthia drops to -3 but instantly Fate Points to 2. No Critical Damage.
Xanthia drop to -1:

The impact fills the target's head with a terrible ringing noise. The target must Test Toughness or take
1 level of Fatigue.

Test Toughness: 95 Fail, +1 Fatigue = 3 Not Knocked Out!

So she's not out, and not Stunned and only at 3 not 5 Fatigue.
Round 6 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4
Solaria shouts, "Shit, she's down!" The call startles Xanthia, who has managed some how to weather the storm better than you could have ever expected. Solaria points her weapon to the northeast and fires over the pews. The bottom barrel of the Specter blasts forth a wave of fire that sets Vymer and the Ganger behind him on fire. In a second both men are nothing but charred husks and burned out bodies. Vymer then explodes in a deafening blast as his ammo is lit up. Pieces of body - bone, flesh, armor, and stonework spray the area around him but thankfully none of you are close enough to suffer. The corpse of the ganger topples to the ground a pile of ashes, it was a perfectly aimed blazer round. Praise the God Emperor for that.

Xanthia, barely awake, and Haxtes badly hurt...
Solara: Blazer Round: Test Ag: Vymer 70 Fail 14 Wounds! (Fury: Ag 52 Fail)+ 7 = 21 -10AP(5x2 vs Primative)-4T = 7 Wounds The target is completely encased in fire, melting his skin and popping his eyes like superheated eggs. He falls to the ground a blackened corpse. If the target is carrying any ammunition, there is a 50% chance it explodes. (46 Explodes). Unless they can make a successful Dodge Test, all creatures within 1d5 (3) metres take 1d10+5 Explosive Damage (No one in range). If the target carried any grenades or missiles, one round after the Damage was dealt they detonate where the target's body lies with the normal effects., Ganger #5 95 Fail: 14 Wounds! (Fury: Ag 44 Fail) +7 = 21 -4AP(2APx2 vs Prim)-3T= 14 Wounds DEAD.

Solaria Pinning Test Easy +30 (No Longer Under Fire): 13 Success - No Longer Pinned

Well that's 1 way to change things around.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:39 am

Solaria takes cover as Vymer's ammo cooks off, the ringing of the explosion tickling her ears for a few seconds. She call out over the pews, "Hey Quill... guess who's next?"

Secretly she curses to herself at the loss of Vymer's gear. Hopefully something will be able to be salvaged from this mess...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 am

Damn... I really like scraping the bottom of the barrel of life, don't I? This is the 2nd near-death experience.
Xanthia grunts at the wounds she has taken. Pushing herself to her feet, she knows she needs some cover from the gangers full-auto blasts. She growls at the gangers, a really-low pitched guttural sound. She then slinks off around the corner of the of the center dias, aiming for cover.
Since I was prone, don't think I can get any shots off. Going to move S S E E around the center dias.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Things are not going well, Haxtes thinks as he miscalculates his shot completely and fires in direction of Quill and not Vymer whom he had aimed for an amateur mistake, but one that could prove fatal. Then he gets hit by Quill's shot. Shaking his head to shrug off the dizzy feeling the hit to the head caused him, Haxtes moves besides the burning benches until he can see the two who fired at Xan. Firing right over Xanthia, he launches burning liquid at the two gangers.
Move NW,N,N. Fire Flamer at the two gangers.
Use FP for wounds. Get ready to dodge Quill's attack if he should shoot his way (he is aware of this attack through the optical dendrite).

Sorry, botched that up - wanted to do exactly what Solaria did, but confused the names.

Anyway, V, do not forget that the flamer has penetration - it would not have mattered here, but next time...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Round 6 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4

Round 7 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4
Both Xanthia and Haxtes have managed to shrug off much of the wounds they have taken, but the blessing of the Machine God it would seem. Xanthia is a very bad tactical location, with no cover, and her leg armor blown to hell she needs and escape. So she drags her managed leg, bleeding and smearing fluids on the ancient floor around the corner into cover. She watches Haxted come marching up the middle of the destroyed pews and keeps on moving just to be safe. Haxtes lights up the flamer he has and the fire spits over Xanthia's head licking at her hair, but she ducks even lower than she if that's possible. The flames dance over the dais and spray into the far corners of the chamber, but once more the Tech Priest luck fails him, or perhaps the luck of the Gangers is just greater. Both men duck down behind their cover as the flame wash around and over them, but never hit them. Choking on the heat and fumes they begin to reload their weapons having spent them finally.

Quill pokes his head up over his cover, "Give me Xanthia and you other two can leave here alive!" He cracks off a shot though the burning mess of pews into Solaria's leg that punches through her armor and her pain threashold causing her to yelp in shock and surprise. Now she's going pale.
Xanthia: Move Move (In Cover/Prone Still) < I kept you moving to avoid Haxtes flame over you!!!

Haxtes: Move, Flame: Ag: 09!, 07!

Quill: Dot +10, Aim +10, vs Solaria: 19 Hit Left Leg [Dodge: 91 Fail] 10 - 2Cover - 2AP (4-2Pen)-4T= 2 Wounds

Ganger #3: Reload
Ganger #4: Reload

A few bad rolls can really turn things around.
Solaria 5/16, 0 Fatigue, 1/3 Fate
Haxtes 2/11. 0 Fatigue, 0/2 Fate
Xanthia -1/12, 3 Fatigue (-30), 0/2 Fate
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Xanthia nods to Haxtes as the man comes forward with the flamer to cover her and take out the two gangers. She glances down at her bolt pistol, readying it for another go at the gangers.
I think Xanthia might have missed an action between going unconscious and being ruled as not unconscious with the healing. When unconscious, her turn was marked as completed, but it was never unmarked when she didn't pass out.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 pm

That was just a bad mark of the init. I have, you taking 6 actions in 6 rounds on my combat tracking sheet. Round 7 started now, so you can take round 7 actions

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Full Auto (Regular Stub rounds) +20, Close Range +10= +30 bonus vs Quill
Solaria calls out, "Let me think about it...", then pops up long enough to empty ten rounds of ammo at the man, splattering hard rounds around the stonework and hopefully him. "Not happening, shit-for-brains! You REALLY have no idea who you've gone after this time!"

Looking over at Haxtes and Xanthia, the Arbite says to the techpriest, "Either shoot those two or take the frag grenade off my webbing and let them have a closer look at it!"

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Ah, ok. With the way that worked out, the move around the dias took effect in place of the passed out segment. Withdrawing question. :)
Xanthia knows that the two gangers behind them have to die before they start unloading in full-auto bursts again. She pushes herself up against the dias, resting the bolt pistol on the edge and firing at the pair of gangers.
Rise from prone. Fire at #3.