Capitulus Sextus: Rejoice for you are True

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: The Joyous Choir Temple: Rearward

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:54 pm

"Jericus, I was able to stay completely concealed because of the darkness," Sword states, "I do not know that this power will allow me to follow completely unseen." Sword sighs under his helm, "Let me seek the future and see what will come."

Sword attempts to use his senses that will tell him the future as he did in the manner to see the flames.
Drop blade. Innvocation and Precog.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Sword closes his eyes. Though that cannot be seen through his helm, he goes silent for a few moments. When he 'comes to', the Sword states, "It does not matter what we plan, we will be attacked inside. We shall find something that will lead to a revelation, but something does not make complete sense to me. We should be ready. Nothing we do can change these things if we go inside.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:19 pm

"I don't like the idea of going into a fight when we don't know what we face," Jericus replies. "Especially since that assassin was a handful on his own. I'd prefer that we take him out on our terms, then investigate the Joyous Choir, and see what comes of that."

"To that end, I propose that we wait until the assassin leaves, follow him as best we can, and work to set up an ambush. Divide and conquer. Any objections?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:57 pm

"If we wait, let us see ..."

Sword reaches into a new possible future.
keep using precog based on the new plan

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Stake Out

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:19 am

The plan changes, you turn to Recon, and begin your stake out of the Temple. It is already late, but the evening become night, and night becomes morning. You sit and watch the temple for hours on end. You scout around the sides of the building at times out of boredom and fear there might be a back door, and for a time you are split up watching front and back. You send the kid home, and tell him to come back in the morning, which he gladly does.

You watch for hours, and witnesses a few things. Late at night a few people arrive at the temple, well past respectable hours to call on the temple. An hour later they leave with a few packages in tow, small cases and boxes they just tuck under their arms.

When morning arrives and some of your are tired, is when you see your Monk finally make a move. He leaves the Temple out from the front door, and heads off into the maze of buildings of Ambulon.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: The Stake Out

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:30 am

With a tilt of his head and a hand gesture, Jericus indicates that the group should follow the assassin. "Sword first. If you can use your camouflage, that might help."
I know we have no one even remotely skilled at this sort of thing. But we need to follow him, so we'll follow him as quietly and subtly as we can.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:36 am

Sword nods and starts following after a moment to prepare himself.
Innvocation, then Psychic Blade, then Camouflage

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Sword continues by saying, "It is unclear. We will have to wait longer to know."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Its time to trail the assassin/monk, and you are on your way. Sword manifests his blade, "drawing" the weapon as he moves through the narrow streets and winding passages among the buildings that crowd in around themselves. His body shimmers and like an chammelon he takes on the color of the surrounding area making it harder to notice him. Its far from turning him invisible but it may help avoid detection.

The others follow a bit behind Sword since Haxtes, with his long mechadendrites and potentia coils sticks out like a Ork at church.

The assassin crosses through town, moving quickly making it hard to follow him. He glances back and you duck to the side hoping he didn't notice you. Yet his pace quickens and he starts to really hustle. Turning a corner you fear you may have lost him.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:01 am

Damien backs up his psyker brother-in-arms, using the same ability to try to keep from being detected easily as they stalk forward. "I think he has made us, and we've seen how fast he can move when he wants to."
I also have Camouflage, so if that makes a difference, I'm happy to use it.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."