Capitulus Septum: Shades on Twilight

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Akirvas turns to Damien, "I suppose you don't have any guarantees, nor do we, but if you would rather take a chance at surviving this foolish trip of yours then you will give us what we want, and we will leave here. I give you my word as Truth Seeker of the Kabal of Crimson Woes, if you are true, and turn over what we desire, then my troupes will leave you in peace. Your life matters nothing to me, so letting you live is neither here nor there. It bothers me nothing to let you keep your lives."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:45 pm

Sword hopes this is a ploy, he would rather die a terrible death than dishonor himself in such a way. He trusts the psyker isn't seriously considering this, and so, he keeps his mouth shut. He idly moves his psychic blade back and forth, waiting for a time that he can stick it into Akirvas' throat.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:27 am

Since nobody else seems to be speaking up, he continues the 'negotiations'. "I have never before had the honor of engaging with a Truth Seeker. Perhaps the rumors I have heard of your kind as honourless, psychopathic murderers if just so much propaganda. How shall we go about this? As a show of trust, I could come out from my barricade and be searched by your servants. They could determine if I am holding anything of value. If I am returned unharmed, then my associates will also see that you are a being of honour, worthy of trust." Damien uses his knowledge of the Secret Tongue and Ciphers of the Acolytes of the Inquisition to work coded phrases into his negotiation, to let the others know that he is just running interference, instructing the others to trust him.

Damien knows that Sword has both the Book and the ... well, the other Sword. If the Dark Eldar want to steal the remains of his armor or whatever as contraband, he can buy more when he gets back to Imperial Space. The real Artifacts aren't on him, so being searched loses them nothing, and buys them more time for Haxtes to make ready their escape.
Seems like either Secret Tongue or Ciphers for Acolytes is useful in this situation, to work in code phrases that other Acolytes would recognize. Hiding information in plain sight, that sort of thing. I'm glad I trained in both of those.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Haxter works hard to get the pods ready.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Damien has become the spokesman for the Acolytes, both groups as Trempan has been totally impressed by your group and has been following along for a time. Jericus has been out of it, something hasn't been right with the man since making contact with the Space Hulk.

So Damien plays for time. Akirvas smiles, "Look at this polite mon-keigh, I must say I am surprised to see it. Normally your kind opens fire first and asks questions later. Let us save you all the trouble and the time, since time is something you don't have much of. If I guess right your navy is about to blow this space hulk into space dust. Give us the Book the Liber Demonica found in the deep holds of this ship and I will have my troops back off and let you go. Refuse me, and we will take it from your corpses. I do apologize for that, but you see I really must have it."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Sword knows the time for talking is at an end. He won't let them start opening fire on them without being ready. So, instead, Sword grabs the ancient and holy relic-blade in his hands and charges. "FOR THE EMPEROR!"
Let's get this party started already

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Sword grabs his blade stronger in hand and charges at the small hovering holographic device that is projecting the image of the Dark Eldar. He shouts, "FOR THE EMPEROR!" He is nearly at the small hovering device when the Akirvas shakes his head, "So be it." The device explodes in a shower of flechettes that spray over anyone caught in the open -- namely Sword. The explosion rips through his armor, already weekend from before. He staggers back from impact of the explosion.

For the moment there is no sign of the Dark Eldar.
It blows up weather you strike it or the dark eldar set it off.

Everyone else is under cover. Only sword takes this.

Dodge: 81 Fail: 16 Dmg - 7 AP - 4T = 5 Wounds
Sword @ 5 Wounds Left

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:25 pm

Damien sighs. "Well, I was hoping to get a couple more minutes out of that. But at least that didn't go off in the middle of us. With my armor in tatters, that could have hurt." He reaches out with small iota of psyker power to heal Sword's wounds. "I'm sure they'll be here in mere moments."
'Seal Wounds' on Sword. 1d10+8 Casting, Threshold 10, Heals 1d10+5 Wounds.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TrueStag
Level 12
Level 12

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by TrueStag » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:46 am

"Emperor guide us in our holy battle." Nemidia muses, then she points her shotgun against her part in the defense.
Overwatch against the nearest entry into the area they are in.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Kabal of Crimson Woes

Post by TetNak » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Sword stumbles under the power of the explosion, but with the help of his power armor, the man stabilizes himself.

The acolyte grumbles and begins watching for signs of the Dark Eldar coming. "Maybe it is a ruse, he comments, his helmed head looking this way and that.