Capitulus Septum: Shades on Twilight

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Capitulus Septum: Shades on Twilight

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:10 am

Image "I have travelled the void between worlds where there is only death and malice. I have looked upon sights which mankind cannot comprehend and seen with mine own eyes the foulness that would tear your very soul apart."
-- Brother-Sergeant Agamorr of the Ordo Xenos Deathwatch.
"Some have said that the Daemon can be vanquished and overcome with the power of sorcery. Can we believe it? Can you believe that your petty magics will cast down this thing of night, this lordly servant of Chaos? It is the foolish hope of babes and dribbling ancients that their weak cries can rule the world and stand against the cold-hearted Truth. "
--Lectures on Damnation, suppressed

It has been two months since your investigation into the Joyous Choir brought you into contact with the Serrated Query and the drug farcosia. Over the course of the time that has passed, regardless of your other doings, you have heard a few interesting things come from your exploits and interactions.

The first is that the Inquisition declared farcosia heretical, causing the Adeptus Arbites and the Magistratum to immediately crack down on it and any users they could find. This caused a rather large uproar in the noble spires in Hive Sibellus.

Perhaps more interesting is that the legitimate adherents of the Joyous Choir petitioned the Ecclesiarchy to acknowledge them as separate from the heretical few who had “stained their good name”. Word is that once any connections to the distribution of farcosia are excised, the Joyous Choir may be allowed to continue.

With months of free time to spend on Scintilla the small group has scattered to the winds to persue personal goals....
Welcome to Chapter 7! Wow Chapter 7!

Right now we are leaving things slightly open ended. What have you been doing over the course of the 2 months since the end of Chapter 6? Are you working with the Aribtes to hunt down farcosia, are you studying the tech found, are you stuck in Sand's library researching the long lost Adranti? Or are you doing something?

I welcome TrueStag to the game, and welcome his first post to the game here as well! We will soon meet him but what has Nemidia doing on Scintilla?

Spend your XP. I will also update your Gelt for a few months pay.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Capitulus Septum: Shades on Twilight

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:24 am

Damien almost managed to get a tan in their previous mission. Almost. Whatever progress he made on that front has been wasted, as his time has been spent study dusty tomes and flickering datapads. Consulting cogitators, and collaborating in laboratories. The darkest patches of skin he has left are the circles under his eyes from the long hours he put in.

A great deal of his time has been spent on studying the samples of Forcasia they seized. Determining such things as sample identity, purity, lot variability, and quality control. When allowed to do so, experiments with the drug on ... test subjects, was performed. After relevant data was collected, the subjects were cleansed with purifying flames.

When he had spare time, he spent it on the captured technology found as well. How did Forcasia related to Psyker-dampening machines? Or space-expanding runes? Important mysteries remain unsolved.
Put a lot of study into Medicine (Skill +10, Master Chirurgeon Talent) and Chemistry (Skill Trained). Since this is also Psyker related, so put study there (Lore +10). And for rounding out all my Forbidden Lores, also added in Mutant as Trained. And since I was studying so much, decided to upgrade Literacy to Skill +20. So basically all brain training.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Hastes has helped with the dismantling and examination of the machine. He has also acted as a liaison between the Inquisition and the Adeptus Mechanicus who are going to study this device. He has put together an interim report on the device and brought it to Sand.

He has been spending some time in the Temples of the Omnissiah here on Ambulon, and done some technical work in the group's appartment. He has also borrowed some books on Acolyte secret tongues and he has been doing some reading on that.

On other days, he has lived his role of Brother Harold Nox, weapons expert, and has visited the AdMech engineers as well as Scintillan weapons dealers to get updates on advanced weapon technology.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:59 pm

Jericus spends the first few weeks of the team's hiatus examining the parts of Sand's library that pertain to the Adranti. That might be information that would be exceedingly important in the months to come. But eventually, he's read all that there is to be read, and it's time to get back to work.

The next weeks are mostly spent in the guise of Jonath Draco, doing work for the Steria Trading Company. For all that he's an acolyte first and foremost, Jericus finds that he likes the ins and outs of being an advocate. It might not be as exciting - or dangrous - as being an acolyte, but it had a certain appeal. Perhaps this was how ordinary citizens lived?

But he also does what he can to support some of his other alter egoes. Using what contacts he can, he tries to improve the fake IDs that some of them have, against the possibility that they might be examined in the future. He also makes the occasional appearance as Nicodemus Harridan, Markus Platt, and Alastor Darkon, just to keep those personas alive. It helped to be that person for a while to keep the persona fresh. You never knew when one was going to be needed. For Platt, in particular, he wanders the halls of some of the Administratum buildings seeing who he meets along the way. People rarely asked where you were from or where you were going if you didn't need them directly. And it never hurt to be familiar in the halls of the Administratum. Once you've established yourself as a part of their community, people were less likely to question you being there.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:07 am

Its been a week since the chapter started, and I'm still waiting on Tet and TrugStag. I know Tet is on vaca, but I had hoped he would post. I'm moving on I want to keep this game rolling.

TS, are you with us?
Damien, locked away in some old research facility, hears the door slam. Looking up the Pysker spots a full squad of soldiers, each dressed in black carapace armour securing the door. Half remains at the door the other half stalk toward the man.

Haxtes, as Brother Harold Nox, is dealing with a member of the AdMech, working out a deal to trade some information for some tech in a small plaza shop on the middle hive when a squad of black clad soldiers in carapace armor appear. Two take up points of defense, and the others stalk toward the Tech Priest.

Having finished up a shift at the Administratum for the day Jericus, as Platt is leaving the building to head home when he spys a full squad of men standing guard around the door. Dressed in full black carapace armor one of them leaves the formation and strides toward him.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:04 am

Damien calmly reaches up to his psyker cowl and activates it, then moves subtly around one of the massive research tables, away from the approaching squad. "I'm busy right now. What do you want?" He sounds irritated and impatient, but inside has a small bead of worry. He can wreck the lives of a number of mundane soldiers, but he wouldn't survive an attack by this many. He hopes this is just another quirk of Inquisitor Sand, summoning them with armoured guards.
Invocation check. Walk around a lab bench, putting it between me and the soldiers.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:25 am

Jericus smiles a forced smile and bows his head to the black carapaced soldier. "How may I be of service?" he asks obsequiously.

TrueStag
Level 12
Level 12

Post by TrueStag » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:30 am

I'm with you! I was kind of waiting to be introduced when the cell gathers again but here we go!
Nemidia has since her arrival on the planet kept a low profile. She knows that in service to the Inquisition its advicable to not make yourself remembered. For that reason she has mostly made herself at home with the dialect, the customs and ways of the this hive.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Brother Harold Nox nods an excuse to his business partner, stows away the info crystals the man had given him, and turns to the soldiers. With a low, mechanical voice, he says. "Yes?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Damien is ready for a fight, he positions himself just so, and focuses his mind for a preemptive strike if these men are enemies.
Jericus is far more polite and simply asks what he can do for the man.
While his brother the Tech Priest excuses himself from his partner and and states in a dry mechanical way, "Yes?"
Nemidia is just another person on a planet of billions of people. Yet she's more than that, its been a month since she arrived on Scintila to assist the Arbites in cracking down on Farcosia. Her response here has been two fold, Arbite and Inquisition for she's just another acolyte serving just another Inquisitor (Sand) in the ever unwinding schemes. Yet this time she's busy with good work, drug smugglers, drug traffickers, drug takers, all of them have felt her justice. Sand has other acolytes in the Hive but they are slowly getting more and more well known and Nemidia is a complete unknown. As a results she's been trying to fit in, get to know the lay of the land in her spare time. Today she's working with a few low level Arbites, they have just captured some suspects when a squad of heavily armored black carapace wearing men near. "Arbite Nemidia, you will come with us."
Everyone:

As the figures draw near, you each note that they appear to be Inquisitorial storm troopers, for they are all openly displaying the Inquisition's rosette on their shoulders in crimson! Any others in the area, citizens, friends, random passerbys all race in awe away from them diving clear to get away.

As the storm troopers reach you, an individual dressed in one of the traditional long coat uniforms of the Imperial Navy steps forward. “Sir (Madame) you are called. You are to come with us at once.” The individual's manner is not be threatening, merely insistent.