Capitulus Octo: Baron Hopes

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:29 am

Damien looks mildly surprised. "Jericus, good to see you. What's kept you so busy? You kind of disappeared after the last mission without a trace. I trust you are well?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:36 am

"There you are," Sword says, maybe equally as surprised but more pleased than anything. "I have need of you, when you're free. I want to show you something."

Sword waits patiently for the others to converse.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:32 pm

"Inquisitor Sand needed to be assured that I was not tainted by the Warp in our last encounter," Jericus replies. "I needed to be assured as well. Thankfully, I have passed all tests put to me and have been deemed clean. Then I was called away to deal with some matters for my most prominent alter ego. Keeping up appearances of normalcy is to be desired in such matters."

He glances over at Sword. "What is it you've found?"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:32 am

Haxtes nods to his brother quietly, his only acknowledgement of his brother's existence. After they had been seperated as kids in the war on their homeworld, so many years ago, Haxtes had undergone changes and Adeptus Mechanicus training. When they met again, he was almost a different person. And now, with his extended modifications and religious indoctrination, he seems more a machine than a human with real emotions.

He waits silently, hands folded beneath his robes, for the others to speak.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:11 am

"Call it a slight side project, one that Inquisitor San supports. I cannot say he'll have much interested in us following up on this together, but perhaps if you could reach out and ask one of your friends about it ..."

Sword shrugs, "There's Rogue Trader in Port Wander that there's some suspicion that his warrant might be stolen, or that he's not the real Rogue Trader at all. I can send you the information. Anything you can dig up on him, I'd appreciate it."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:02 pm

"Sounds pretty interesting. We once went undercover as agents of a Rogue Trader. Interesting bunch. Lots of power, without very much oversight. Those Warrants are worth more than some whole worlds. I find it easy to imagine someone stealing one, or faking an identity to usurp it." Damien leans against the wall, shifting something in his satchel.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:20 am

Haxtes just listents quietly for now, hands still folded beneath his robes. His optical mechadendrite rotates slowly like a tentacle-like periscope to watch his back.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:14 pm

"I can check with some of my Administratum contacts," Jericus replies. "There should be a warrant posted somewhere. Like Damien said, Rogue Traders have a lot of power. But it all comes down to that warrant. If that's invalid or, Emperor forbid, bogus, then things wouldn't go well for the supposed Rogue Trader."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:24 pm

A small device begins to blink on Haxtes. Its a small transponder device he recently had installed. It is simply a small red light that flashes a few times then stops.

The talk about the Rogue Trader and his Charter that is in question continues.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:56 am

"Sand wants to speak to us." the Techpriest just says. He waits for the others and when they are ready, he walks along to Sand's rooms.