Capitulus Decum: Death From Above

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Menagerie: Caught Red Handed

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:34 pm

It COULD advance, because it was not a Warp Creature, just a local indigenous species. Nothing more than a trained animal.
Jericus approaches the woman, who manages to shove the great hulking beast to the side enough to climb out from under it. He offers her a hand and pulls her to her feet. The pop of lasguns outside still echoing about.

Damien and Haxtes near the fallen Thrung, Tech Priest and Pysker, the pair should be able to handle whatever this relic is he's wearing. As the pair near him Thrunng’s body begins to shudder and convulse. Rivulets of black ichor bleed from his mouth, eyes and nose. His muscles strain at his bones and the sick crack and snapping of cartilage echoes through the now silent menagerie. His daemonic left hand slides from his body, revealing his own mortal form beneath. The arm itself is hollow in the stump for another apostate to brandish against heroes of the Imperium.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:52 pm

Damien makes a signal with his hands to ward off evil. "Truly we see the facts behind the lies. The corruption of the flesh. The damnation of the soul. And the daemon does not care about the supplicant, ready to move on to the next victim. Thus are the wages of sin." He briefly thinks of Rego, missing the denunciations of the cleric. He steps closer to the body and the hollow arm, being careful not to touch anything. He visually looks of the noble's body, to see if there are any artifacts and significant items that might be taken for benefit of the Inquisition.

"Haxtes, what do you think? We could likely get a solid metal container from the troops, maybe something that held heavy ammo casings or the like. I could then inscribe pentagramatic wards on it, to help keep it contained." He gestures to the shuddering corpse. "If we don't find any items of benefit, I would appreciate it if you could use your flamer to purify this abomination."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:21 am

Thank you.
The Sister wrinkles her nose at the stench of the body as the fruits of Chaos ripen upon it. So, that was him then, disgusting. "Lunatic got what he deserved, and his household will follow."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm

"We very much appreciate the help," Jericus replies to Merica. "But I'm afraid I have to ask exactly who you are and how you come to be here. This is an Inquisition operation, and we frown upon uninvited guests, however useful they might be."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Damien inspects the corpse of Thrungg, he bears nothing worthy of care save of course of the now detached hand. Purification by Fire is a certainly a good option at this point.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 pm

The psyker nods to the tech-priest. "If you have pict-taking equipment, perhaps an image or two for the archives, in case anyone doubts the word of the Inquisition that the 'noble' was a heretic, that will quiet them. Otherwise, leave the hand, but purify the rest with blessed flame."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm

"I have a pict recorder," Jericus says over his shoulder. "Once I sort things out with our newcomer, I'll record our findings for the Inquisition."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Capitulus Decum: Death From Above

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Haxtes extends his optical mechadendrite and makes it glow more brightly. Another mechadendrite produces a pict recorder which he uses to record several picts to document the noble's heresy. Then, unless anyone objects, he cleanses the body with his flamer, avoiding the heretical hand-thing.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Securing the Scene

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:55 pm

Jericusis with Merica, while Haxtes' parts extend out. He takes a collection of photos and videos of the body, the hand and the general area. Then his flamer is in hand and he roasts the corpse of the fallen noble.

Purged by Fire!

The body eventually fades away. It doesn't take long before Proctor Rotlan breaks into the chamber with a collection of his Arbites. "Acolytes! Oh Praise the God Emperor you are alright." He looks lightly wounded, a medipac bandage wrapped around one shoulder. He moves gingerly through the menagerie looking up at the bird and into the cages as he goes. "Thrungg?" You give him that look and he sees the smoldering corpse. "Good. We have secured the rest of the manor, the last pockets of resistance are giving up now." He passes Merica, "I see you met our Sister of Battle ally." He nods to her and orders his men to secure the perimeter, doors, and windows, but to keep their distance of the corpse and anything else you warn him about.

ManWithDoor

Securing the Scene

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Damien nods to the Proctor. "You and your men have brought honor to the Imperium this day. We have likewise discovered his hoard of heretical artifacts. We will need some of your most trustworthy men to help us keep it locked down, until we can evacuate them securely. Likewise, there are some guards we tied up after they surrendered." He gives their general position.

"Perhaps most importantly, Thrungg bonded himself to daemonic flesh, that lives on after his death. I need the strongest container you can find nearby. I can further reinforce the container through my powers, but my bag certainly won't do. Do you think you can find something appropriate? Ammo container? Repurposed tank shell? A metal coffin? I leave it to your expertise."