Capitulus Decum: Death From Above

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Thrungg’s Museum of Apostasty

Post by Trogdor » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:39 pm

"Let's get moving," Jericus says when it's clear there's no other exit. "Rotlan may need our help, and soon, if Thrungg was able to do all that he says in that data slate."
Was it at the Harlock auction? It's hard to keep these things straight over ten years of play. Jericus has Total Recall. Alas, Trogdor doesn't.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 pm

"Wait a moment," Jericus says, looking back at the collection. "We've seen a couple of these things before." He points at the fox mask and the silver key. "I thought those looked familiar. Now I'm certain of it. Those were two of the items that went up for bid at the auction we went to those many months ago." He shakes his head ever so slightly. "No telling how he got them, or how many people were killed in the process. We'll have to make certain that's in our report. The Inquisition might be able to track the distribution network for such artifacts better if it knows the starting point and the end point."

Then he turns back to the stairs. "No time to ponder that, however. We need to check on Rotlan."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 am

Haxtes climbs back up and looks for a convenient exit, maybe one leading towards Thungg's personal chambers or the like. He pauses to listen. Can he still hear gunshots?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Hall of Ancestors

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Back up into the cathedral you go after noting the Silver Key and Fox Mask. There is plenty of gunfire going on, the roar of the Valkyries is heard too, and the shouts and cries of battle ring out all over. Just because you got a slight break down there, doesn't mean Rotlan and his men had one. The troopers remain tied up and sitting on the front pews just waiting.

Just then your vox bead crackles to life, the sounds of gunfire can be heard echoing over the channel. Proctor Rotlan's voice rings clear against the din of combat, “Thrungg’s making a stand in the menagerie! It’s to the west of your position. Our aerial intel shows that you’re just down the hall. Head west and head him off!”

The smell of smoke fills the air, stray blasts of lasgun fire have ignited the building during the initial breech. A single pane of the chapel windows shatters and there is the briefest glimpse of the battle in the courtyard beyond. A Chimera APC has breached the outer walls, allowing more Protectorate guardsmen to spill into the immaculate garden. Set up in the courtyard however you see an Autocanon emplacement opening fire on the APC and the Valkieries in the air above.

On the western wall of the chapel is a gilded doorway with a large, dense wood door. A bronze plaque aids visitors in navigating the mansion. It reads:
Hall of Ancestors
Managerie
Servants Quarters

Haxtes moves to the door and grabs at the handle to open it, he doesn't notice its hot to the touch and when he opens it there is a blast of hot air, a back-draft from the burning chamber beyond that knocks him on his ass hard. Haxtes however is more machine than man and that does not have much effect on hist systems.

The hallway beyond is ablaze. While much of the mansion is made of rockcrete, these walls are ornate wood and the passageway contains floor to ceiling portraits of the Thrungg family over the last thousand years. The heat from the blaze is not too dangerous but the smoke obscures the end of the hall from sight.
Haxtes Awareness Test: (Easy +30): 81 vs 43 = Fail

Toughness Test (Challenging +0): 09 Success

No Fatigue Level Applied
You are entering the Hall of Ancestors from the east.

You can just see the battle outside through the broken widows, (that would also be your only access out there)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The Hall of Ancestors

Post by Trogdor » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 am

"I've heard it said that some soldiers would walk through fire to avoid charging an autocannon," Jericus muses dryly. "But I never thought I'd have to put that to the test." He pulls a re-breather out from his pack. "This will protect me from the smoke. You don't breathe as such, Haxtes, so you're safe. Will that armor protect you from the smoke, Damien?" He gives the psyker a chance to reply then moves on.

"Our biggest danger, it seems, will be the fact that we're going in blind. The smoke obscures our view of the Menagerie. Of course, it means we also won't likely get shot as we approach, so it's not all bad. My point is, be ready for anything. We'll likely be plunged into a fight, but we may have to retreat or move to cover quickly. Be agile and ready to move."

"Anything else to observe or are we ready to go?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Hall of Ancestors

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:38 am

Damien focuses on the Warp, attempting to shape it to affect the light around him, making his form indistinct. "Let me take the lead. My armor has a respirator, so I'll survive. May the Emperor be with us." Then he takes off running.
Cast 'Chameleon', Sustain it, and take off booking it down the hallway. Gives a -20 to Ballistics checks versus myself, so relatively safe for me to be the first person bursting into the next room.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The Hall of Ancestors

Post by Trogdor » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:54 pm

"Right then," Jericus says with a brief nod. "Follow Damien." And with a last look at the captured soldiers, he adds, "And if any of you move from here, the Inquisition will kill you and your families. Think on that before you act rashly." Then he secures his re-breather and follows Damien.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Hall of Ancestors

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Damien draws on the warp and wraps it around himself, without causing any strange warp anomalies. Then with respirators and rebreathers ready, you take off down the hall. The shouts and gun fire outside ring out. Damien racing down the smoke filled hall nearly kills himself as he almost runs into a large gothic cabinet. The cabinet is about half way down the hall and appears to be pushed in front of a small servant door. The end of the chamber is obscured in smoke still, and the heat from the fire is growing, but still tolerable.
No Pysicik Phenom on the Chameleon.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Hall of Ancestors

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:22 am

Damien stifles a cough, making sure his mouth stays on his equipment. If he starts sucking down fumes, he's not going to last long. He holds his Staff in his hand and concentrates, then swings it like a bat at the armoire. This side servants door looks like a good bet.
With a Force Weapon, I can focus my psyker power and do a boatload of bonus damage. Basically trying to clear the way, to get through the side door.
- I assume this side door is not leading into the open space with the Autocannon
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Hall of Ancestors: Servant Chamber

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Damien coughs, then focuses on his staff and swings it at the armoire and shatters the wooden piece of furniture into a dozen smaller pieces. That exposes the small servant door to the south. He pulls open the previously blocked door to reveal a small chamber beyond. Its a very small room beyond cluttered with items to attend to the lord of the house, a rather large pantry, but a small room. You notice a scared chambermaid wearing a singed servant’s tunic and hiding behind a row of mannequins displaying the attire of famous Thrungg dynasty leaders.