Capitulus Decum: The Belly of the Beast

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

The Dei-Phage: Librarium Nox

Post by Grimbold » Wed May 12, 2021 9:49 am

Haxtes also moves to the books and starts looking for hints, beeping quietly and keeping an "eye" out for the demon using his tentacle-like optical mechadendrite.
Scholastic Lore: Archaic 63, Chymistry 53, Archeotech 48, Logic 53

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 20, 2021 6:44 pm

The daemon in the center of the librarium nox floats higher in the air and the flames rise up to it from all around as he draws them in. "You never will find what you are looking for!" It fires off a bolt at Damien but the Pysker ducks behind a shelf which instantly bursts into flames all tomes and scroll on it are lost forever.

Merica and Haxtes begin a search, but they are not skilled in known what to look for. Haxtes nearly finds something, but it turns out to be more of a history of the Titan than of the Di-phage and so it is of no use now. Damien however moves from shelf to shelf and produces a few heretical words, its a translation of such. If he could find a reference guide to translate it, he may just have what you need!

The flames are rising higher and higher now and the heat is becoming unbearable. Everyone is starting to whither from the extreme heat.
Firebolt 70 vs ?? Miss

Merica Literacy Hard -10 : 94 Failure
Damien Forbidden Lore (Daemon) Easy +30 : 64 vs 73 = 1 Success
Haxtes Lore: Archaic Hard -10: 76 vs 63 = Failure

Total 2 Previous Successes + 1 = 3 Successes

Everyone take 2 dmg from the heat. (sheets updated)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri May 21, 2021 3:29 am

Damien tries to work up the saliva to spit at the daemon's words, but the heat is absolutely unbearable, and his mouth is as dry as bone. His thoughts are flowing slower, and he is finding it harder to concentrate on their task. Maddening heresy is not enough, now they're being slow-roasted too. "I think ... I think I'm getting closer to what we need! I think this is the proper tome, but I need reference material to translate it both properly and quickly. If you can't, then do something about this damnable heat!"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri May 21, 2021 8:20 am

Haxtes ignores the demon's menace, and - like a machine - works on, flipping through pages and cross checking information, adapting his search patter to the information given by Damien. His flame thrower would be of no use here.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri May 21, 2021 3:41 pm

Ironically the only relief to Merica's cracked and dry, red skin, are the bullets she's sweating from the heat in the room. She slams shut the book in her hand, and its title becomes a dyslexic haze, after Damien had shouted about having a solution. The fewer forbidden lore she reads, the fewer she will have to purge later. She runs over to the psyker and presses down on one half of the open book to get a look at the text. "I'll help you look."

She begins her search again, doubling up with Damien to find what they're looking for. "Emperor willing, I look forward to emptying shells into this hateful terror."
I'm going use my turn to Aid ManWithDoor's skill checks.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Haxtes is flipping but then his optical mechadendrite flashes and he turns, "This section, here." He points at a portion of shelves including tomes describing heretical cults and the collected writings of warp-prophets. Merica nods, "Right look there!" She guides Damien to a shelf holding catalogues of daemons, their names, and their deeds.

Damien then locates a particular book entitled ‘Ye Monstres of Feather and Claw’, which has an illustration on the cover of a robed daemon with decaying wings and vicious talons. He locates the page on which the Dei-Phage is described. Written below the illustration is an impossibly convoluted sequence of letters. This is a part of the Dei-Phage’s true name, written in a unholy language Damien can attempt to speak.

Will uttering it aloud banish this manifestation?
Firebolt vs Haxtes: 92 Miss (Wow this thing sucks)
Heat 2 Dmg to everyone

Haxtes Lore: Archaic Hard -10: 34 vs 63 Success
Merica: Aid Another
Damien: Forbidden Lore (Daemon) Easy +30 , +10 Aid Another: 21 Success

Total Successes 5! This is your target number.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 24, 2021 5:37 am

Damien sets his feet firmly, the Tome opened in his left hand while he raises the Staff with his right. He projects his stentorian voice, shouting bravely into the flaming madness. "I abjure you, daemon! By the holy power of the God-Emperor of Mankind, I name you. In the name of He Who Sits on the Golden Throne, I denounce you."

Putting all the psychic power he possesses into his words, he names the daemon. "ເດີນທາງໄປສຶກ! We know you now, and see through your illusions and lies. I cast thee out, ເດີນທາງໄປສຶກ! Get thee out of this holy god-machine of the Emperor's, by His light and strength."
Translated 'demon' into Lao, and I got this. Thought it was cooler than writing something in English since it's supposed to be a non-human language. Lao is obviously a real language, but a completely different alphabet so it's incomprehensible to me.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue May 25, 2021 12:15 pm

"ເດີນທາງໄປສຶກ! Be accursed! By Faith, be wounded! Be purged as shadows before the Light!"

Merica draws the boltpistol again and takes careful aim, waiting to see what comes. Hoping the creature will dare to continue its assault, if weakened by being named.
Boltpistol up. Aiming for as long as I can.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed May 26, 2021 5:53 am

Haxtes looks from Damien to the demon and gets ready to use his hellgun on full auto.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Begone ເດີນທາງໄປສຶກ!

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:56 pm

Challenging +0 Willpower Test to speak the words

41 vs 62

Certainly have the best person for the job here
Damien holds forth his staff in one hand, the book in the other as the fire builds more and more. He calls out, "Begone ເດີນທາງໄປສຶກ! I name thee ເດີນທາງໄປສຶກ! " There is a scream from the daemon as its name is spoken.

Then as the true name fragment is uttered, the fire is extinguished by a freezing gale that blows through the Librarium. Thousands of sheets of parchment are caught on the wind and you are all but smothered by a tide of ancient pages that fly into your faces threatening to bury you under them! When the papers blow away, you find yourselves lying on the landing between the Haematite Cathedral’s various chambers.

There at your feet is Renik, slain, leaving only the three of you remaining.

The Pax Macharia sways with unsteady steps, the floor tilting drunkenly beneath you. The massive grinding gears replacing the inferno of the twisted Librarium within the Dei-Phage's mind.

The obvious way up is to climb the spinal shaft that you came down through, bringing you directly into the Nave where the Quake Cannon is housed. The way out of the Titan’s lower floors and up the Spinal Maintenance Shaft is clear enough, albeit made more shocking by the Titan’s motion, alarm klaxons, and warning lights. The cogs in the Gear Housing jerk and spin at an alarming rate, but now a small lift is operational. Climbing the shaft is likewise less challenging as the machinespirit is able to extrude narrow metal steps from the shaft walls to form a cramped spiral staircase.