Capitulus Decum: The Belly of the Beast

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

The Dei-Phage: Librarium Nox

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:33 pm

The last thing Merica is going to do is follow the advice of a charred madman. In fact this seems like a good time to use that weapon she picked up, training or no training. So far, bullets and blades have served her well. Quick as a whip, she unholsters the bolt pistol and raises it, while the glare of the flames threatens to dry her eyes in their sockets. She stifles a cough into her shoulder from the smoke. The advantage is theirs, if she can just land one blessed round on this winged daemon, perhaps two.
Draw boltpistol, half aim & fire.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Damien almost falls back at the sight of the winged daemon manifesting in front of them in a burning Librarium. But before his mind crumbles the psycho-conditioning he has undergone during his training kicks in, catechisms of faithfulness spilling from his mouth continuously, pulling him back from the brink. He is in control of his mind and body, and no princeling of a False God can change that.

This veil between the Materium and Immaterium has been uniquely thin during their entire stay. Noble Scions appearing from nowhere then disappearing into dust when killed, zombies climbing up from a well, false voices, all sorts of things. The Psyker doesn't know if this flaming Librarium is 'real' or 'illusory', but when the Warp is involved is kind of doesn't matter sometimes. The Immaterium makes ideas real, manifesting fears and thoughts into existence.

For now, Damien has nothing else but to fight valiantly against the darkness with fire and Faith. He moves forward, the sigils of the Hexagrammatic Wards carved into his armor catching aflame with holy fire. He points the tip of his Staff at the daemon, the ivory carving of a brain on fire crackling with energy. "Begone, foul creature of unholy corruption!"
Cast Bio-Lightning at it. 5d10+10 Casting (+6 more if I get to keep that Invocation attempt from earlier).

Also trying to draw Aggro, since I think I'm the only person with Warded armor. I have double AP against Psychic/Warp damage, and if this counts as a Warp Weapon I still get my AP (normally Warp Weapons completely bypass Armor). So while I may not have the highest Wounds, I'm still probably the best person to try to tank these blasts.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:57 pm

Haxtes loudly calls out:
"Omnissiah, Omnissiah.
From the Bleakness of the mind
Omnissiah save us
From the lies of the Antipath
Circuit preserve us
From the Rage of the Beast
Iron protect us
From the temptations of the Fleshlord
Silica cleanse us
From the Ravages of the Destroyer
Anima Shield us
Machine God Set Us Free
Omnissiah, Omnissiah."

He levels his gun at the form and shoots a stream of laser bolts at it as he speaks.
Full auto fire at the form.
BS 44 /+20 full auto / range +10 if it's less than 50m away/ +10 if it is hulking (big)/+10 for Targeter /+ for good quality weapon?
+1 hit for each degree of success (max 5)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:44 pm

The hellscape that is here is before you, and the daemon flies above the shelves of books and scrolls of ancient and daemonic lore. None of you hold back. Not now, Merica levels her bolt gun at the beast, and with a holy shell fire. Her aim is true and the shot strikes the daemon guardian before you and rips a hole through it, which quickly begins to heal itself, even against such holy power.

Damien, rune scribe armor steps forward, and his power manifests within his mind crackling and rising up around him in a powerful pure white flame. He fires the lightning but as it arcs across the chamber it turns foul and black, and as it impacts the daemon what once was pure is now corrupt and its clear it only invigorates your foe instead of harming it.

Haxtes, speaking the name of the Omnissiah opens up with his weapons, spraying a field of bullets through air which the thing deftly dodges and avoids.

The chamber is a blaze, the forbidden lore of the chamber burning, pages flying into the air like embers burning on a campfire, tossed about by the wind of the room.
To just make it easier on me I'm not posting all the dice rolls
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:52 am

"Your sorcery does not harm it! Try something else!"

The first blessed bullet alone with the unwieldy spirit was a challenge. It would have to be enough. Merica swaps the bolt pistol to her other hand to free up her dominant hand for the boltgun. She draws and shoots.
Swap boltpistol to offhand. Draw boltgun. Full Action for Semi-Auto (?)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Moments before Merica acts the flying creature howls and fires a bolt of hellfire at the trio of you targeting the Sister of Battle. The burning bolt whizzes past the woman, the flames licking at her hair, and among the fire she sees writhing faces of the dead screaming in pain and suffering eternal madness.

Merica switches to her boltgun and opens fire, spraying the enemy she puts a random spray of bullets that seem to bounce harmlessly off its feathered flesh, clearly doing nothing but annoy the daemon.

Moaning on the ground at your feet is Renik, his face pealing off as the after effects of the fire bolt melt his mind and body, he screams, "Speak its name!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 pm

Haxtes, still firing, does a quick scan of his databases to find the right information.
ooc I don't remember any name we found out. Could it be a Hekate? Not sure. IC, Haxtes might remember, I hope.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:03 pm

"Ye of false names and falser promises. Dei-Phage! God-Eater! You are a mockery of enlightenment, a corrupter of power." He draws forth the energy needed to smite the creature once again. "True might and surety are only found in the God-Emperor Himself, and my faith in him is strong and sure." He again points his Staff, willing the energy out of himself to rip into the abomination.
In the recording we found out the Dei-Phage also called itself the God-Eater, so adding that into the mix.

Repeating my big blast o' Bio-Lightning, hoping that calling it by Name (and/or better dice rolls) makes a difference.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:37 pm

Weapon fire sprays across the great burning library. Papers fly through the air on the heat of the fire as you shoot like imponent children at a Space Marine. Haxtes shots don't even connect as he scans his memory for names and finds none. Merica's shots at least connect with the legs of the daemon but bounce from its unholy flesh in this nightmarish recreation that has somehow come to be inside the Titan. Damien calls out names, but nothing works, no such titles are not true names, not true knowledge of the daemon's name. His bio lighting strikes a shelf of ancient tomes instead of its target and blows the ancient knowledge into pieces scattering books and scrolls all over the library. There is a sudden chill in the air after his power is called on, and flames freeze in place, and become icy stalagmites pointing up into the air, paper frozen within them, everyone breaks frozen breath for a moment before the heat of the chamber melts the ice and the flame return to consume the rows and rows of books.

The Dei-phage turns on Damien, and a the pysker is struck by the blast, but somehow he spins as the power connects with him and his sight fades a moment, flickering back to reality, to the inside of the Titan, then back to this nightmarish illusion, his flesh is hot, but not burned.
Damien is Hit, but Dodge 46 vs 46! LUCKY

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:30 pm

Chaos-damned creature, it evades them! Merica was a fool to discard the holy rounds. She ditches the boltgun, swapping the bolt pistol back into her dominant hand, and approaches the Dei-phage again, firing as she advances.
Quickdraw: Stow boltgun and swap to bolt pistol
Move: approach deiphage if not in 30 ft
Standard: Dakka! (shoot)