Welcome

For the game development and OOC threads.
Palamon
Level 2
Level 2

Welcome

Post by Palamon » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:43 am

Welcome, and thank you for your interest in this new world. First of all, 'Res Telluris' is my (hopefully not too badly) bastardized Latin for 'Things of the world'. I hope that this subject will generate a lot of interest, but at the same time I intend to restrict posting so it doesn't become senseless spam with incoherent ideas scattered here and there. If you are interested in lending a hand, please send me a PM and we'll talk.

Palamon

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:48 pm

Hey Pal,

I'll be glad to drop some ideas/comments, but I'm working on fleshing out the world both Yeor (Crossroads of Fantasy) and Shei-Salom (A new game) are in.

Here is a thought. I might be in our best interests to combine these ideas. That being on a "world" level. Let me know what you think.

BTW. I've looked at your stuff, and as always, I like it. I still need to read up on the capital specific section.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:16 am

Nice. :)

How do you want comments? Would you like us to post in the threads where you are describing things, or would you like new threads put together?
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Palamon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Palamon » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:47 pm

Any way you want to do it is fine. If you have new ideas, new topics is probably better. If you have comments on what exists already, then just reply.

Palamon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Palamon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:04 pm

Just a hello from me to everybody. Sorry I've been so absent lately; I've been incredibly busy lately. Things should start to slow down a bit soon. I haven't forgotten or gotten bored with this at all. I have a bunch of ideas that I'll start writing about soon. Happy new Year's, and keep the ideas coming!

Josh

Taliesin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Taliesin » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:12 pm

I too remain extremely busy. My wedding's this weekend, so after the honeymoon I might return more actively-- hopefully by the end of January. :)
Rich

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:49 pm

Heh. Congrats on getting hitched, Rich. Have a good weekend! 8)
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Palamon
Level 2
Level 2

The Eagle Has Nested!

Post by Palamon » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:46 am

Congrats, Rich! I think! Alright, just also wanted to write that I'm back now. I don't post on the weekends, because that's when I ski. I will post on the weekdays. I have to go back and reread a BUNCH of stuff because I have been out of the loop for awhile.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Eagle Has Nested!

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:01 am

I have reopened this game in memory and honor of Palamon. Taliesin and I shall continue on where this left off to finish off the things left undone previously. Eventually I will open this setting as a game so that we can really enjoy the fruits of Palamon's labors and honor his memory and contributions he made to all of us over the years.

If you think you may want to help work on this project please PM me and we can talk.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Taliesin
Level 2
Level 2

Re: The Eagle Has Nested!

Post by Taliesin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:55 am

Hats off to Vardaen for opening this up again. It will give us a great way to honor our friend.

Josh initially pulled me into Durnalia as a way to develop a setting-- as much for the fun of it as anything else, but also as a world we could write in.

My personal aim now is to craft an adventure inspired by Josh's spirit in this world that he began, and somehow, someday, publish it. I will keep you all up to speed with how that goes, but in the meanwhile I will be adding and updating elements of the setting as they come to me. I will probably not play the game (that would be too hard for me, somehow) but I hope my stuff will lend more fun to those of you who do.

Thank you all, and I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone who knew him and wants to be part of this.
Rich