Welcome

For the game development and OOC threads.
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: The Eagle Has Nested!

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:59 am

I am fascinated in the idea of creating new campaign settings and adventures, but I worry that my lack of familiarity with Pal would make my contributions inappropriate to what is, in no small way, a memorial.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:39 am

I'd like to wait for Taliesin and I to sort out alot of what is here already before new poeople start contributing, but I know Pal would like people to help build and give Durnalia more flavor so eventually I would like to hear your ideas JohnnyWeird.

I'm starting a Durnalia Wiki to help organize things. If you would like to help me get that up and sorted out with what has been posted here already, that would be great.

https://brennor.dyndns.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Fri May 02, 2008 9:42 am

Just as a reminder - I asked where I can help out but even looking at the WIki - I'm not sure where to start, do you think you could give me a specific direction about what (area, city, land) you'd like me to write about?
Thanks
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 02, 2008 4:47 pm

If you look at the various Durnalia files, you'll see many red links, those are incomplete areas. You could start with any of the geographical items, the mountains, etc. Do some details on climate, animals, formations, etc.

Starting there is a place to get started easily. I think you have to log into the wiki to be able to edit.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring