MAPS!

For the game development and OOC threads.
Palamon
Level 2
Level 2

MAPS!

Post by Palamon » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:12 am

Who has the ability to create maps that can be posted here, anybody? It's time to start mapping this stuff out, and I don't mean with ASCII.

Dins
Level 0
Level 0

Post by Dins » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:11 am

I can spend some Photoshop time on it next month, Josh -- maybe someone else can come up with something before then? If not, give me a hand with the specifics of the terrain, and I'm on it.

Taliesin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Taliesin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:38 pm

I've sent Josh a high-level map of Tarindal. Y'all can just tack it on the western edge of the big map somewhere.

Font is Garamond, if you like it.
Rich

Taliesin
Level 2
Level 2

Maps?

Post by Taliesin » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:43 pm

I have an extended map of Tarindal and its environs, but apparently there's no way to include an image in these posts. Advice, anyone?
Rich

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Maps?

Post by Brennor » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:02 am

Taliesin wrote:I have an extended map of Tarindal and its environs, but apparently there's no way to include an image in these posts. Advice, anyone?
Sure. use the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags (remove the spaces, of course). Put the link to the picture in between those tags. Or click on the "Img" button when posting.

I have given Palamon an account here on this box, so that you guys can host everything you need here (webspace/diskspace/etc).

If you need images pushed to that account, they can go through either myself or Palamon.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Taliesin
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks

Post by Taliesin » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:15 pm

Thanks, Brennor! I don't have a site to host the image on, so it's in your hands now, Josh. :)
Rich

Palamon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Palamon » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:43 am

Rich,

I'll get on it. Sorry I've been awol lately. THis past week is been pretty busy, what with all the admin bullshit that goes with moving from one part of training to another. In case anybody was interested, yours truly is going to be *sigh* a helicopter pilot. No jets for me.

Taliesin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Taliesin » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:10 pm

Tough draw on the helicopters, man. You've got my sympathies. I understand busy, believe me-- planning for a wedding is crazy enough, but add buying a house this spring and a kid this summer and I've crazily (if happily) preoccupied, myself. :)
Rich

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:57 pm

Heh. Congrats, Taliesin.

Been there, done that. Been through the whole "get married, get a house, and get a kid in less than a year" thing myself.

It is fun though...

P, lemme know where you want it. You did sent me that image, I think. I'll take a look for it, and set it up for you.

All provided that the one you want to display is the one that was sent to me.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:15 pm

Alright, got the map that Palamon sent to me added.

I don't know if this is the one you guys are talking about or not, but here it is.