BC2009: FOOD

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Joni
Level 6
Level 6

BC2009: FOOD

Post by Joni » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:37 pm

At this point I would like to start pricing food for the event. There will be a set menu which those of us cooking will plan. It will be yummy. Connie will do a themed meal for opener on Friday night. Saturday morning will have breakfast goodies, then a lunch tray (make your own sandwich), then speedies for dinner. Sunday is a possible pancake breakfast if there are enough supporters. Then another lunch tray and for dinner Sausage lasagna once again if there are enough supporters (ie people who really want it)

So let me know.
~Tina Warrior Physicist~

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: FOOD

Post by Bitom » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:59 pm

I loved the "Build your own sammich" thing last year, and my only complaint is we underestimated its popularity.

I will be contributing to the food fund, however it works out.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Sounds good to me.

I don't know exactly how much sandwich platter stuff we had, but I do remember it seemed to run out quickly. Worked very well though.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:28 am

I would like yeahs and nehs for the pancake thing and the lasagna thing. If there is enough interest I will do it... if not I'll do something else.
~Tina Warrior Physicist~

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Pancakes are good...

I have a waffle iron... and that offloads some of the work of "make a food" on to the end user...

Want a waffle? Open waffler, pour in cup-o-batter, wait for beep...

That way nobody has to goose guard the griddle the whole time... Because unless it's worth XP in Iron Chef RPG, The more work that can be distributed, the better.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:53 pm

I enjoyed the muffins, bagels, coffee thing last year. A Pancake breakfast sounds nice, but time and effort may simply not be worth it. Personally I'm not a breakfast sort of person.

Lasagna sounds fine to me.

And the lunch trays worked well.

Of course the goal is to get people pre-registered so we can figure out what the per person cost is. Last year the money was not figured out right and we ended up supporting the cost with the raffle money (so Connie didn't get hit with picking up the slack!). I think if we can keep to a reasonable cost, like last year, we are in good shape and people can aford it. Too much higher and I don't know how economical it will be, coupled with travel costs, 'T-Shirt' (might not be a T Shirt this year), etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:11 pm

I was telling Joni when we met up, that the pizza price quoted (for exactly what we got) was almost 20$ lower than the actual cost- which put us WAY behind. I also mentioned adding about 2$ to the total to add wiggle room. All money goes towards food, so it would equal more food, beverage or beer.

The meat tray supposedly feeds 30 "generously" according to wegmans. This year- we will get a bigger one :)
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:24 pm

I like beer.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Wow! That was a lunch tray for 30?

I'm up for the pancakes.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:05 pm

I think Like 5 of us polished it off in an hour.