Brencon 2009: Second Annual Art Contest

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.

Poll: Submit your Vote for the Art Contest!

I like Image 1 (Katana)
41%
I like Image 2 (Dice)
59%

Total votes: 27

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Brencon 2009: Second Annual Art Contest

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:55 pm

We would like to announce Brennor's RPG Corner second annual art contest! The administration of the site has decided to host another art contest for a new web title banner. I'm talking about the images at the top of the page that say Brennor's RPG Corner. Our current art was produced by Doomulus Prime last year, following one Wargie did up several years ago. But we think that its a good idea to spice things up every year and give people a chance to show their stuff. And to do this, we want your help!

So if you are an artist and are looking for something fun to do, here it is! Any member of Brennor's RPG Corner who wants to work on a submission for this is eligible to do so.

Its easy'¦

1. Create an original piece of artwork designed to be the title banner for the site. (Blatant purely copyrighted material will not be considered.)

2. Send your submission electronically to Trogdor via email or PM. All submission must be sent in by August 1st to give us enough time vote.

3. Submissions must be no larger than 500px wide, no larger than 150px tall, and no more than 100k file size.

4. Submissions will be posted anonymously for all members of the site to vote on. The collective user base votes will be counted as one 'admin vote'. The admins will then vote on for their favorite, counting your vote among theirs.

5. The winner will be announced at this years BrenCon!

6. The winner will have his or her banner placed at the top of the page for the next year and also will win a special to be announced prize given out at BrenCon (or sent to you if you can not attend).

We hope that this contest will be run annually each year and a new member and a new piece of great art will proudly be displayed on the top of the web site.

All submissions become property of Brennor's RPG Corner and may be used in banner ads or for other real cool uses.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Brennor's RPG Corner Second Annual Art Contest

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:14 pm

The images are in! The contest is closed to new submissions. We didn't get too many submissions this year, but the ones we got are great!

I'm posting this for Trogdor as he's uber busy this week.

So without further ado, please vote!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Wow, I totally missed this thread... Maybe I'll just need to pay more attention next year.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:42 pm

I was not aware of it either...

I suck at Drawrings anyways... I'm actually working on becoming better at drawing, so maybe next year. (specifically learning to draw, and then how to scan/color it)

P.S. I would have though Trog could come up with way more legal mumbo jumbo for the bottom of that post.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Sometimes simple is better.

:-)

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Voting will remain open until 5 pm EST on Wed 26 August 2009.

It's an exciting race. Don't miss your chance to participate and help determine what the site will look like for the next year!

3rd-I
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 3rd-I » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:12 pm

Come on, more votes for dice!

We dont all play L5R yunno!

And yes, its time like this that I wish I could draw. I don't even have the remotest shred of artistic talent. (Typical engineer?)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:19 pm

Hey now, we don't all play (or even have an active) Shadowrun game, but Dooms current art was great!

More votes! More Votes! MORE VOTES!!!!!

(I also lack art talent!)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:30 pm

Come on, more votes for sword... I like dice better and I use the theme that the runner-up gets put on!

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:43 pm

The dice won.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."