Brencrawl 2010 DJ thread

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Brencrawl 2010 DJ thread

Post by Bitom » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:16 pm

Here you go, the real only reason I'm willing to talk about Brencon 2010 this early. This is the DJ thread. I think we now have enough people planning to make rooms that we can make some decisions.

Here's the basis of what I propose:

Characters:
  • Characters will be 14th level, with 14th level gold
  • Official WotC suppliments only, since we won't be having anyone to do character reviews and be "In charge"
  • Everything except permanent expenditures refresh between rooms. (Hp, power points, spells, just like it's happening on a different day, but if you drink a potion, it's drunk.)
Rooms:
  • Rooms should be designed to run for 4 players and take about an hour.
  • All rooms are worth a maximum of 50 points
  • All characters running a room together will leave the room with the same number of points (Prevents PvP situations and encourages teamwork within rooms)
  • Getting all 50 points in a room should be MUCH more difficult than it was in last year's crawl. (Otherwise, we're going to have a 20-way tie for winner, at 150 points each.)
Winner:
  • A players score is the total points earned in their 3 highest-scoring rooms
Last edited by Bitom on Wed May 04, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Brencrawl 2010 DJ thread

Post by MadVlat » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:09 am

So far its sounding like you have a good plan Bit. I would also like to suggest that DJ's only run their rooms a maximum of twice. This will allow for DJ's to either compete themselves in the crawl or play and/ or run other games as they desire. So their brains don't melt...

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 am

I am going to have a great time running my room. I am guessing we need a way for people to choose rooms though.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:57 am

First come first serve. Post available rooms on a common board in the center of activity for potential competitors to eyeball and then let them choose. I think DJ's should run once in the AM and once in the PM. I personally would like to run once in the morning and once in the afternoon on Saturday. Just my thoughts on the matter...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:27 pm

I don't really think we need to set a limit on the number of times to run a room. If someone makes a particularly awesome room and wants to run it a lot, why not let them? on the other hand, if someone only wants to run their room once, on Friday night before Bitom and Trogdor has even arrived and with a background of people playing rock band, why stop them?

Part of my reason for supporting this structure is to eliminate the "Thou shalt spend Saturday on Xcrawl" nature of the last two gatherings without eliminating the traditional playing of brencrawl that I've enjoyed so much.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:52 pm

We could have a sign up sheet for each DJs room where times are signed up for by parties of four. That way the DJs have control over when and how many times they run a room.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:00 pm

I've unlocked and resurected this thread in order to get sign-ups for DJ this year.

Who is going to make a room for this year's crawl?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:05 pm

I know you asked who is, but I'll just post and say: I'm not. Busy with 40K.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:22 am

I am in. Hope it's as fun as I'm planning it!

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Bren will help me... or I will help bren... in either case there will be a room from us.
~Tina Warrior Physicist~