BC2010: Where?

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Where?

Post by Joni » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 am

I'm sorry V I didn't mean to heavy hand anything. I just wanted the planning to start with enough time to actually rent a place if that is what it comes to this year. Labor day weekend has a lot going on for colleges and weddings so we might need to commit early to get space.
~Tina Warrior Physicist~

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:00 am

Catty could probably talk her parents into hosting the gaming or at least providing places to sleep
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:13 am

Here's my memory of the location-scouting for year 1:

We looked into KofC halls and church basements and the like, and anyplace that had adequate space was asking for a lot of money, or would kick us out much earlier than we wanted.

One of the ideas kicked around was parks with a wedding tent. I don't know if we ever actually explored this option.

In the middle of all the searching, JP said "Lets use my place" and we immediately turned to tent options. the rest is history.

In year2, location scouting went more like this:
Many of the admins: Lets be nice to JP and not try and invade his life this year
Bren and Joni: Lets use our house
All: ok.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Connie and I had scouted a local hall, with bar, and lots of space, and we had them on the hook for the same or less than the tent rental was but we never drops a deposit quick enough to get the place. Then the Tent and JP came along and it was good.

Perhaps I should have said "Jump the Gun" instead of "Heavy Hand" couldn't think of the right term then.

Anyhow, the admins have a thread up about how we want to handle things this year, so I assume once we get a chance to talk about it for a bit we can present more information to the player base.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:10 pm

I have the information still from the first info gathering. I can make that available if desired.

Most places have time limits and start to charge more/ will flat out kick us out after a period of time. Just as a consideration.

My back yard will not hold a tent large enough. ~sadness~
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Max_Power
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Max_Power » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm planning to visit BrenCon 2010.
So, I would like to know when exactly BrenCon 2010 will take place.
Max Power - "Kids, there's three ways to do things; the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way!"
Children - "Isn't that the wrong way?"
Max Power - "Yeah, but faster!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:36 am

The admins have talked it over and it will likely fall on the same weekend again, Labor Day Weekend (US).

Fri 3rd - Sun 5th of September. With similar scheduling, Friday is the informal welcome, Sat and Sun are the game days. Breakfast Monday morning.

This is NOT set in stone, but I think we have the chisel in hand. Everyone of the admins has generally agreed so its pretty safe to assume this is right.

On a side note, Jigglypuff and I are working on a new event to run on Saturday. We brought Xcrawl to the Con, time to bring some Warhammer 40K Mini/RPG events this year. So all you Space Marine fans stay tuned for further infor on that. Limited seats available.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Ah good. V got the dates out already. Location is not set yet, though it will be in Binghamton, NY.

For those of you flying in, there is information on nearest airports, starting at this post in the 2009 forums: https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... html#89576
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:57 am

I did mention to V that we'd be willing to host it at our house this year. ;)
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Yup, the Admins are kicking around three possible ideas at this point:

Brennor's House (in house like 09)
jigglypuff's House (in Tent like 08)
Jupiter Games (in their gaming hall)

They all have their Pros and Cons at this point.