BC2012: Legend of the Five Rings CCG Event

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

BC2012: Legend of the Five Rings CCG Event

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Image "Rokugan is a land of festivals.
It is necessary for the common people to have release from the tedium of their honorable labors.
They serve the Empress loyally, and in return she offers them grand celebrations."
- Voice of the Emperor (Emperor Edition)

This year at BrenCon2012 I shall be running a Legend of the Five Rings CCG clinic and tournament. The clinic will be open to anyone that wants to sit down and learn how to play and who is interested in the game. Just show up, sit down, and enjoy. The Tourney will have to be first come first serve, or via sign up here ahead of time so that we can get the brackets and prize support in order. I suspect that it won't be a problem to accommodate everyone that wants to play weather you signed up or just sat down at the last moment.

The event will be Emperor Edition Legal, which is the current format about to be released in full at the start of Feburary. Currently two expansions are legal, Second City and Forgotten Legacy. By the time BrenCon rolls around there should be one more expansion and the new base set out.

Don't have cards, don't your worry. This clinic will provide you with enough free cards that you won't have to buy a darn thing. AEG has sent our local Stronghold store a collection of demo decks, ready to play, one for each legal faction (Crab, Crane, Dragon, Lion, Mantis, Phoenix, Scorpion, Spider, Unicorn). Along with the hordes of other cards that MadVlat and I have you'll walk away with a nice set of cards to build decks with.

With only have one deck per faction, if you'd like to reserve your favorite faction ahead of time, then please let me know so I can keep that set aside for you. I hope to have more than one stronghold per faction, but you never know.
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: BC2012: Legend of the Five Rings CCG Event

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:41 pm

To get a jump on the game I'm going to provide you with a bunch of helpful links here. I suggest take a look at many of these before BrenCon, as it will give you a good head start on things.

The L5R Website, find errata, downloads, stories and other things: L5R Homepage

Download the Emperor Edition Rulebook PDF here: Rulebook

Not sure which clan would suit you best? Check this out: What Clan Are You?

At one point AEG held a contest to make a Learn to Play Video. You can find several of them up on YouTube of course. Here are two that, while talking about older editions, may help you get into the swing of things. The site doesn't allow us to embed video so head over to YouTube to watch these.

L5R - A Tutorial

L5R CCG How-To, more or less.

You can also check out a card DB that has all the cards if you wanted to inspect the various wording and the like (also a good place to buy singles): L5RShop

Want to try things before BrenCon and not spend any money? Check what they are calling Kolat Edition. It is a temporary "edition" to fill the gap because Emperor Edtion release was pushed back. You can download free PDF cards and play them totally legally (at tournements even) before Emperor Edition is released.

Kolat Flyer w/ Prebuild Decks

Kolat Editon Full Card Run
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:04 am

Ummmm... yeah count me in the tourney...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:55 pm

AEG is doing a starter deck give away this week and this week only.

http://www.l5r.com/products/the-road-to ... y-contest/
The Road to 10,000 Begins! Facebook Giveaway Contest!
The Road to 10,000 has begun!

We have begun our journey this year down the Road to 10,000, and we want you, the L5R community, to join us!

This year, we are excited to be reaching a massive milestone for L5R – our 10,000th individual card! Throughout the year we will be focusing on this and it will lead up to an event no one wants to miss!

To start with, we are giving away Emperor Edition Starter Decks through a special Facebook contest early to you, our faithful customers! From now, February 1st until February 9th (that includes weekends!), we are holding a daily Facebook giveaway. For the next 9 days, you will have a chance to win an EE Starter for free, and possibly more! How do you participate? It's really quite easy:

Go to the L5R Facebook page

Click the ‘Like' button at the top of the page. Every single one counts!

Then leave a comment on the daily question.

What is the daily question? Each day, there will be a post asking you a question – what is your favorite clan, favorite card, what's the best flavor text. All you have to do, is leave an answer in that post, and then we will select one lucky winner each day who has answered the daily question at random. Then, all that person has to do is send their Name, Address and Imperial Assembly membership number (if applicable) to events@alderac.com and they will be mailed their FREE Emperor Edition Starter Deck.

But that's not all. We are celebrating our 10,000th card, and we are beyond excited for this – so we're going to up the ante for this contest.

As of this posting, the Facebook page is at 7,259 ‘Likes'. We want 10,000. Or even more! So here's what we're going to do:

For each denomination of 100 that we hit (so 7,300, and then 7,400, etc.) during this contest, we will be giving away one additional starter to another winner who has left a comment on the daily question on the day we reach that milestone.

And to give you all a little extra incentive to join in – if, by February 9th, at 11:5p PM PST, we reach 8,000 or more 'Likes' on the L5R Facebook page, one lucky winner will receive an entire box of Starter Decks. That's 1 of each Clan, shipped to you free of charge, for joining us on the Road to 10,000!

This contest is only from February 1st, 2012 until February 9th, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST. So get over to our Facebook page, tell your friends, and show the world the love you have for this game that brings us all together!

Daniel Briscoe
L5R Events Manager

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Whoever wins today will receive a Dragon Emperor Edition Starter for free!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 am

Been tring to win, amaris too, so far no luck for me.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeah, none for me either. And I don't think that'll change although I try it every single day (after you posted a link to it).
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 pm

I'd be interested in whatever stats they release for this event. Seems like a bunch of people are entering.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 pm

We've both been trying, and will, doesn't hurt to try!

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Nope, definitely doesn't hurt to try!
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+