BC2012: Legend of the Five Rings CCG Event

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: BC2012: Legend of the Five Rings CCG Event

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 pm

We still play open, and I'm a collector, every art, every version, etc. I can't pass up cards, even the ancient ones, ESPECIALLY the ancient ones.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Guy here had one, Lesser Oni deck, with 40 Lesser Oni and the Ring of Void, and some way to fish the Ring of Void on like turn 1 or 2. Slap that down, every turn you draw 5 cards (all lesser oni) play them, draw 5 cards, play them, etc...

In 8 turns or less you could have your entire force of 40 Lesser Oni on the board....
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sun May 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey all, with BrenCon only a few months away I wanted to remind everyone about the L5R CCG event this year I'll be hosting. I have put together some great prize support so far (big thanks to Jigglypuff69 and MadVlat for their donations).

All participants will be able to pick a clan they would like to play and will get a demo deck to use and keep. I have 2 of each clan so don't worry if more than one of you wants to play the same clan! These demo decks are fully Emperor Edition legal 40/40 decks of the most iconic stronghold for the clan. This also includes an Imperial Assembly "Newspaper" style rule sheet to the first 9 players (its a 6 page set of rules and explanation that is printed as if it was an issue of the Imperial Assembly, and looks kinda like a newspaper). I also have a bunch of EE rule books that are extra I can provide to you as well.

All players will be able to go through our local Card Collection and take what they like as well. This collection is all the extra from MV and Myself. MadVlat and I share our extra with one another, and then pass them on to Brennor, and what's left is still a large collection of commons and uncommon cards. I will attempt to have them organized into group of play decks, but I can't promise that with my house move about a month away.

I also have for everyone a Ronin Stronghold legal for L5R Draft events, or just everyday play.

Everyone will also receive a promo card (provided by AEG), to be determined still which card that is. First come first serve until the promo cards run out. Generally there should be enough for 9+ players.

Then the actual prize support, in no particular order, but you can assume along the lines of 1st place get's first pick, 2nd place second pick, etc, until either all the swag is gone or everyone's picked.

A CUSTOM painted L5R Clan War 25mm figure by jigglypuff69! You've seen these before, you know he's awesome at this, and you don't want to miss out. Last year the players of the L5R RPG walked away with some sweet minis, and JP has promised to do it again for us. I haven't seen the minis yet, but I know they will be great.

A CUSTOM piece of L5R themed metal work from MadVlat. You've all seen the L5R Mons MV has made, or the little "Brennies" pieces from last year, or even the BrenCrawl metal signs he's made, or the 40K Skull / Aquilla pieces he does. Well this year he's making up an L5R themed item(s) for us! I haven't seen them yet, but he promised us something good and I can't wait to check them out.

A CUSTOM L5R Spider Clan Black T-Shirt made by pygmaelion for BrenCon2010. This are black with white or red silk screen printing on them, on the front the Spider Clan Mon, on the back a nice quote. I have 1 Large and 1 Extra Large!

Imperial Assembly trial version subscription (x2!). You will get signed up as member of our local Stronghold Store (Spider Clan) and be registered as a member of the Imperial Assembly. This grants you access to the full version of the Oracle, AEG's new Card DB, you will get 2 issues of the Imperial Assembly periodical, and have access to get Cards for Koku, and possibly promo cards or votes as AEG releases them.

Perhaps the best option, free STARTER DECK of you choice. One of each of the nine clans is available. These are Emerpor Edition core starter decks, with rule book, story sheet, and cardboard token sheets! Pick your favorite clan, and get a full starter deck that includes your clan champion, and all 4 strongholds for you clan so you can build any type of deck you like. It all comes in a premium little clan art covered box perfect for carrying around a deck or two of cards!

Booster Packs! A few boost packs of Second City and Before the Dawn will also be on the table. Number and assortment still up in the air but there should be a few of each. So you can pick up a few cards of the 2 sets of cards that came out before Emperor Edtioon but are still Emperor Edition Legal!

All in all a pretty sweet haul for just showing up to BrenCon and playing L5R!

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sun May 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Nice. I'll play to try and continue my Imperial Assembly trial version (because it is great) and my last games were back in '09. :oops:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Since I'm packing up my house for the move I found 4 decks of the Imperial Gift 3 promo packs. These aren't EE legal any more, but are still great cards. I'll be putting them into the mix as well.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon May 07, 2012 10:41 pm

PHOENIX!!!
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 08, 2012 4:25 am

I am hoping you can help me out during the learn to play aspect of things MV. As much as I would love to get my hands on some of the things you or jp brings I wont be playing the tourney, unless we need an extra person or just for fun, seems unfair.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu May 17, 2012 10:33 pm

I know that V is preparing decks for everyone and that he offers the starter decks as a reward for the game. But I'm currently considering to buy one before brencon anyway. Is anyone else interested in that too?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 17, 2012 10:51 pm

You don't need a deck to play, keep that in mind. You will walk away with a free deck just for showing up. And prize support could be a starter deck if you want one. But buying one always fun too!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri May 18, 2012 12:06 am

If I end up showing up we'll do something similar with GoT -- except you aren't taking my cards home!
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name