BrenCon 2013 - Game Threads

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

BrenCon 2013 - Game Threads

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Relic is now avaialble.

www.fantasyflightgames...?eidn=4033

store.fantasyflightgam...m?SKU=RE01

I might end up with this by BrenCon2013

Over the past several weeks, we've explored myriad threats to the Antian Sector, such as foul xenos and the tempting power of corruption. We've also seen how the Imperium's mightiest heroes rise against these threats by collecting powerful wargear and improving their skills in pursuit of dangerous missions. Finally, we shared not only the complete rules, but a full tutorial video!

It has all led up to this: Relic, the Warhammer 40,000 board game based on the Talisman system, is now available at your local retailer and on our webstore!

Relic is a board game in which two to four players each assume the role of a powerful hero from the Warhammer 40,000 universe and bravely venture forth to shield the Antian Sector from certain doom. By completing missions and defeating enemies, characters compete to gain rewards and experience, furthering their chance of being the first to defeat whatever evil lies beyond the Warp rift.

Ten Characters, Five Scenarios, Infinite Adventure

Building on the foundations of the Talisman system, Relic is a standalone game in which seemingly straightforward choices mask scores of possibilities. On each turn, a player rolls a single six-sided die, then moves his playing piece that number of spaces clockwise or counter-clockwise around the region (outer, middle, or inner) of the board it currently occupies. Players then draw cards from one of three distinct decks, pitting their heroic personas against foul enemies, dangerous locations, and fantastic strangers. And all the while, these intrepid heroes rise in power, as they work their way toward the ultimate goal at the center of the sector.

For my part, I have 4 games in mind for my time at BrenCon

Lord of the Rings LRG (See my blog for local games of this)
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... ard%20Game

Horus Heresy (got this when it was on sale for 25$!)
http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/pro ... m?SKU=GW02

Relic (don't have this yet)
http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/pro ... m?SKU=RE01

Nightfall (haven't played since last year)
http://www.nightfallgame.com/
Last edited by Vardaen on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: BrenCon 2013 - Game Threads

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 am

Game of Thrones LCG.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:15 am

Tet bring some decks together, I'd like to give GoT LCG a shot.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 am

I will. I haven't played in forever myself. I'll build some premade decks for melee and joust play.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:00 pm

For what it's worth, I'll be running a 40k skirmish scenario: Space Ork Privateers vs Imperial Naval Ratings.

The Pc's are playing the Orks! Bad guy time for our players. Anyone else joining in can play the ratings. MV is builing the scenery and I have the mini's.

I might also tie this in with a tabletop scenario of ship vs ship fighting from Rogue Trader. About half a dozen ships in a free for all, slugging it out for fabulous cash and prizes!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Oooo, skirmish like we did that one year? That was fun.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:25 am

Oh yeah. And you get to be the Orks this time! Shootas and choppas.

MV has even asked me to make a special Ork Commando fig for him that he'll be playing... And it's sick/twisted per protocol.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Kommando!

Well then I want to be an Ork Weird :)

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:41 pm

I will be running at least one Battletech game, subject to time, of course. I always plan to run at least one thing that never happens because other stuff is happening.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:14 pm

For those looking for some Tech Assisted RPG Fun, I will be bringing an Artemis License. http://www.artemis.eochu.com/ We will need computer assistance for this one but it is a social game and a blast to play. Unfortunatly we can bring two laptops and two ipads. (Ipads require a purchase, PC's I have the client for.
Ideally 5 clients and 1 (Main screen/server) .... If we went nuts you can have more then one ship but I don't expect that.

Also Descent, Pandemic, Space Alert, Burn-in-Hell, Carcasone, and anything else we manage to acquire by Aug.