Fellowship Event 2016

This is for all topics related to the parties for the site.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Fellowship Event 2016

Post by TetNak » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Probably the best idea is to figure out where the most people can attend and shoot for that. I realize Vermont is probably within driving distance of you east coasters.

But, we have more and more European players, and just generally players from everywhere. I don't know if it is going to matter.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Fellowship Event 2016

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:18 pm

For Euro players, VT is a few hours south of Montreal and there's a train that comes in from NYC. I think if Euro players were to fly into Montreal and then cross border into US, you have to pay something like $15 or $25 or something for customs fees (even if you declare nothing). I know the flights are cheaper from France to Montreal than France to NYC (or VT).

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Fellowship Event 2016

Post by Wayloss » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:17 pm

I'm glad to see the gathering Idea is not dead :) Obviously I love hanging out with everyone. Not opposed to a Driveable trip here in the North East, flying somewhere makes it far more difficult.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Fellowship Event 2016

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:52 pm

OMG I have to fly!?!

haha.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Fellowship Event 2016

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:50 pm

TetNak wrote:OMG I have to fly!?!

haha.
You dont have any kids yet. :geek:

And why would you bring your kids to this?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:58 pm

Shurijo wrote:For Euro players, VT is a few hours south of Montreal and there's a train that comes in from NYC. I think if Euro players were to fly into Montreal and then cross border into US, you have to pay something like $15 or $25 or something for customs fees (even if you declare nothing). I know the flights are cheaper from France to Montreal than France to NYC (or VT).
That does make it viable for me to be honest.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Well, I have an extra bedroom (queen bed), a love seat for a couch (so only very short people can fit on it, it's too small for me). I also have an air mattress and can borrow another one from my neighbor. I also just finished my screened in porch, so depending on time of year, people can crash there too (or in my basement). Hotels in Burlington, VT are kinda expensive (it's a tourist haven for weekend/week getaways for Boston/NYC), but if you look a few miles away in nearby cities, then it's very reasonable.

There's a camp ground less than a mile away that has a paved bike/walking path that goes from the camp ground to (with a small block) of my place. In the other direction (about same distance) from the camp ground, the bike path goes to the local public beach (free if you walk/bike in, you have to pay to drive in) with a beach and food (hot dogs, etc.) and kayak rentals, etc.

For kid stuff, there's the waterfront park, AAA baseball team, lake activities (sailing, kayaking, swimming, etc.), bike path (really great bike path, one of top in USA), outdoor shopping center (Church Street Marketplace), lots of local hiking trails, and I'm sure there's more (don't have kids, so don't really keep track of that stuff).

There are a lot of mosquitoes in the summer, more so than you'd think. And we're not allowed to have backyard fires/fire pits in town, so no Werewolf games with a fire :( My yard isn't nearly as big as V's yard, but we do have 2 local game shops. One has a very small play area (they have a lot of free games that you can just walk in and test/play). The other bigger store has a very big game room which I think they'll rent out, if we need it. The bigger store hosts a lot of games over the weekends and pick up games during the week. The smaller store hosts mostly MTG events, but they also have some other events (and better prices).

We can also rent a boat. Who wouldn't want to sing "I'm On a Boat"?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Vt it is!!!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:20 pm

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:28 pm

There's also Shelburne Farms about 30 mins drive but great hands on farm for kids. Not a petting zoo, actual farm where kids can pet and interact with farm animals, milk cows (certain times of day), feed chickens, pet pigs, watch cheese making, etc.

And in town, there's the Aquarium & Science Center on the waterfront. Kinda small, but very kid oriented.