Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: The Wolf Pack

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: The Wolf Pack

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:56 pm

"Of course," Saeldur replies. "And we'll help in whatever way we can." He looks over at the half-elf. "Alas, my knowledge of healing is not that great. Perhaps Lehros is more skilled than I."
Head back to the camp with them.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Trejune speaks and lehros feels the touch of jealousy, he never met his father, nor knew anything about him. The boys white complexion starts to turn pinkish, easy to read.

Surrounded by Magical people, when Lehros hears his name he jumps a little.

"n.. no" he gulps, eyes lower, saddened that he cannot comply. "a warm meal is all the healing I know"

His hand dives into his pocket, the silk calming him. Staying at Saeldurs shoulder, Lehros is hesitant to warmly accept his brothers, their stature, their human ways, their gruff exterior. Perhaps in time.
following keeping an eye out for dinner

heyyon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by heyyon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:58 pm

Jeger stands by to let his brother speak for him. These new people held little bearing on the life he lived. Half brother? A friend of his father? Could he care less? The elk were gone. That mattered. In Jeger's mind, these people were his family. He was cared for as a child by the women of the tribe. He learned his skills as a hunter from the men of the tribe. The hunt master was more of a guiding figure than Kylorin was.

"Dinner? Tomorrow we were set to fetch dinner." Jeger speaks quickly, in an almost angered tone. Some of it was leftover adrenaline from the fight; some of it was lost plans; some of it was panic at the realization that the wolf needed the elk to survive the winter. He breathes deeply, releasing the air in one heavy sigh. "To the north side of camp? We can find you food there, half-elf."

Jeger steps away from the group towards the hunt master's body, mumbling to himself. As he gestures at his clothing and weapon, they return to a pristine state. The furs Jeger wears have seen many fights and been worn by many men of the tribe. He makes it a point to keep them in fine condition.
Cast Mending

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:52 pm

"The elk will be there tomorrow," Saeldur notes. "They may be a bit farther away than you expected. But they will be more worn out. With luck, the two should balance and the Wolf tribe should still have good hunting."
Take ten on a Knowledge:Nature check (result=20) not to say anything too stupid about the elk hunt.
"In the meanwhile," he adds, "I have serious matters to discuss with both of you." He looks at Jeger and Trejune. "Matters that are more important than any one of us individually, and likely more important even than any single tribe."

Xeorsos
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Xeorsos » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Trejune narrows his eyes, appearing slightly irritated at Saeldur's comments. "What is this information?" he asks slowly, "And can you offer it on the way back to our village?"

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:00 pm

Lehros Catches Trejune's glance, his look of dismay towards Saeldur causes his brow to tighten, the boys bright white glaring eyes searching deep into Trejune's eyes...

what parts are my father, and what parts are another?

he examines Jager, looking at his stature, weapons, anything to better understand his half brothers. so different

The tension in the air causes lehros to speak... "Trust Sael...dur" His speech fails him, a crackle in his voice, the presence of his brothers is too much for Lehros. His bravery fails.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:03 pm

Just to remind, Saeldur has previously said what's up:
"I carry two messages," the elf replies. "The first I may tell you now: your natural father has an important task for you. He has asked me to bring together those of his children who are willing to aid him. Once you are all gathered, I may tell you the rest."

He looks to the two Wolf clan warriors and then gestures at the half-elf ranger. "This is your half-brother, Lehros. He has already agreed to come to your father's aid."
To be honest, for the sake of drama, I didn't want to have to repeat the information several times. That makes it a bit of an anticlimactic moment for the last people to hear.
"As I said," Saeldur replies, "your father, the Arch-Mage Kylorin, asked me to gather his children together to aid him in an important task. I can tell you a little more, but I may only provide the details when all are who are willing have gathered together."

He gives the Wolf clansman and apologetic look. "I'm afraid Kylorin can be both mysterious and controlling when he wishes. As a result, it can be very frustrating to follow his orders. But not only is he my teacher and my friend, he is also the wisest person, man or elf, that I have ever met. And so, while I apologize for the mystery, I will nonetheless abide the instructions he gave me."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:24 pm

Kylorin is a Legend of this age, without him the Wolf Tribe would still be little more than barbarians fighting for survival each and every day. They were brought into the fold however due to Kylorin's powerful magics and amazing wisdom. He left the Wolf with more than just his knowledge, he left them with his children, two sons, Trejune and Jeger, and there can be no denying that if Kylorin has something in store for them, it will be not only glorious and adventurous, but cirtical and important to the tribe.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

heyyon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by heyyon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:49 pm

Jeger reaches the body of the deceased hunt master. He kneels in the snow, avoiding the crimson patches soaked with blood. Jeger quietly says a few words for his tribesman before reaching down and pressing his eyes closed. As he rises from the ground, he turns back to Saeldur.

"We'll be walking back to the village. If you want our paths to continue together, you'll be walking there too." Jeger's intent is to care for his people. If that means repelling attacks, so be it. If it were hunting elk, so be it. But a quest brought to him by a father he's rarely seen... this wasn't yet concerning.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:00 am

The Huntmaster's eyes are closed, and Jeger makes it known he's travel to the north side of the camp, where the rest of the Wolf are.
Please not, the group right now is in a camp area that is strung out in a circular pattern, you are in the eastern side of the camp, but Trejune and Jeger came from the south. North and west are more tents and camp fires.

The wolf have no City or Village, and are nomadic in nature and so are always on the move and camped as such. So you really are at home already, but not in your normal area, nor are you where the heavy fighting (the north) was taking place. So any desire to travel to more Wolf is simply to the north camps, which are only a hundred or so yards away (not really visible in the dark, except for campfire dots.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring