Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: Tip of the Iceberg

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: Tip of the Iceberg

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 02, 2008 7:03 pm

The four take a seat near some of the food, the young man dancing with Vibrika is bright red in the face, excited and flushed from the dance. "Why thank you hostess!" He takes a drink for himself and hides before it for a few minutes.

Heba is smiling and pleased that her friend got her out there to dance. She nods her head at Flint Striker, "You are most graceful on your toes." Her voice is pleasing, but she too is a bit red in the face.
The other guys are almost here. If we could get them to post, it would have happened already.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri May 02, 2008 7:54 pm

"Why thank you. Our hostess is gracious to have allowed me the chance to dance with you." Flint reaches for some food, offering it first to Hebe and Vibrika before the other young man or taking himself - eating before a woman brings hungry times to come.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 pm

Vibrika shrugs off the compliments, "It's my training. Think nothing of it!" She takes some of the offered food and munches lightly on it.

"Hebe and I have been friends since we were very small. " She smiles at the other woman before continuing. "We have gone through lots together.. and caused lots of trouble. Such as the time we feel through the roof of Healer's!" she laughs with Hebe for a moment.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri May 02, 2008 9:38 pm

"That's the sound of a story to tell!" Flint Striker says eagerly. "How'd that come to happen?" Flint has been a fan of stories since he was very young, asking who his father was and listening to the (obviously false) tales his mother told him.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 02, 2008 11:45 pm

Hebe turns bright red, "I'll not tell it!" She looks at Vribika with a look that says 'don't you dare'. She turns to eating something light trying to distract herself, and the others, "So this is a nice wedding..."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sat May 03, 2008 12:08 am

"Very. They seem a fine match, with much to offer each other." Flint Striker makes a note to ask Vibrika later about the tale - if it's blushing good, it must be well worth the trouble!

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Sat May 03, 2008 12:20 am

Vibrika lets a very unfeminine laugh escape her, perhaps showing that is is in fact the best story ever. "Alright.... Though i don't know why you won't let me tell that one ever. It's not like the entire town wasn't there by the end. And I doubt we are still called "the Little Curses"..." She laughs and follows the bait.

"They are an excellent match. And so attractive, they will have beautiful babies."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sat May 03, 2008 12:29 am

"No doubt. Back home it is rare for a wedding night to pass without the new wife greeting a traveller. May every blessing fall to them." Flint Striker raises the skin and drinks deep, hoping for the best of luck to the new bride and groom. When he's done, he passes it happily to his right.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Sat May 03, 2008 12:31 am

"She has always been slightly blessed when it comes to luck. We do not have such a custom here, but if it is a nice tradition then i hope we shall see it here as well. Does it bring luck? Or more to show off how lucky he is to have a hostess and partner?"

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon May 05, 2008 11:04 pm

Flint looks at her for a moment, the sudden rush of liquor making it difficult to piece together her meaning. Then he laughs, his face growing a little red.

"I speak again in the ways of the Bear. The wedding night, the first union of man and woman, often brings a new life." Flint's hands rise to make a significant gesture, but remembering his company quickly lowers his hands. "The traveller is...a quickening in the woman." He blushes further, mildly embarassed at having to explain in mixed company the Mysteries of Women.