Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: Tip of the Iceberg

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: Tip of the Iceberg

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:32 pm

"I am most glad for that!" Vibrika smiles and takes a seat next to the young man. "I think my sister shall be most happy in her choice. He is good for her. It will be tough for me to let her go, though i think she's ready to be rid of her older step-sister."

Her smile is wide and open, clearly showing she is joking about her sister's thoughts. She is, above all else, much loved.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:04 pm

"Indeed. They seem well-matched. She'll soon no doubt be greeting a traveller." Flint Striker sips at a drink, humming softly one of the dancing tunes. A few moments pass, his brow suddenly furrowing. "Step sister? I'm afraid I don't know the term."

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:35 pm

"It is widely known in the tribe, that the Chieftain has adopted me. I often forget it myself, as he has welcomed me and treated me as a daughter. There is no blood between us, only affection."

She smiles at the festivities. "She will be very happy I'm sure."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:39 pm

"Indeed. May these be the least of her joys." Flint Striker becomes silent for a moment, his face slightly drawn. "Affection has proven stronger than any blood in my few days. Broken Stone could not be more my father if he'd sired me in truth. How he would have loved to see this." A gesture takes in the dancing, lights, music and joy, indicating that the man buried in Icerock Pass was fond of parties and celebrations.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:37 am

"I am sorry for your loss. I did not realize you were close." She is saddened by this news, but should have been expecting it she guesses.

"Tell me of life amoung the Bear. You have a very good idea of how we Seal live. "

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:57 pm

"It is true. Though in the telling, I would not know where to begin. A more specific question, please; the other boys used to joke I could not see the mountain for all the stones." A sheepish smile brightens Flint Striker's face at the memory of bright days.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:01 pm

HIs answer causes a full laugh to push past Vibrika's lips. "hahaha! Well, a favored memory purhaps? I didn't realize it was a trick question!" Her easy going ways are apparent as well as her love of stories, history, and folklore.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:34 pm

"The Dawn Flash. My axe." His hand wanders to his hip, where the axe would rest if he were carrying it to the feast. "It was given to me when I returned from the Hunt. A gift from Sun Stalker, who won it in war in the dawn of his days."

A pause. "I wasn't the strongest of the boys, or the fastest, or anything like that. But I came back from my First Hunt and he gave it to me as if I'd won it from him."

Flint Striker suddenly meets Vibrika's eyes, his own almost watering with the power of the memory. "If I'd been sent up the mountain in that moment I'd have been satisfied. I was a man."

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:49 pm

She smiles at the honesty of his words. "The bear are not much different it seems. The men and some woman of our tribe will go to the hunt and those who performed well are proclaimed grown and achieve their rightful place here."

She looks away then back, "I am glad that you were not sent up. It is nice to meet another who is not focused merely on furthering the tribes population." she laughs thinking back to the number of suitors that have been trotted past her the last few years. Her words clearly tell that she is not looking for romance, despite the many rumors going around hte village.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:35 pm

Flint Striker blushes. "I would be lying if I said I never think of it. But I have nothing yet to offer a wife. In a few years, a warrior proven and wealthy, I will start a family." His thoughts wander back to Telani, with her laugh like a warming fire and her eyes like thawing ice, and feels the stirrings of manhood. He turns back to the celebration suddenly, trying to cover his embarassment. "But surely it can be difficult to think of anything else, on a wedding day like this. You are the equal in worth of any man in this village; it surely must be a choice that has left you unmatched."