Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: A Family Affair

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Kylorins Sign

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Trejune nods to everyone, "Fair well," he says simply, "Keep yourself safe." He gives the elf a short look, then turns, and waves Jeger along. "Come brother," he says, and takes his leave of the others.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:15 pm

Jeger takes the wesel jerky and smiles, "Thank you Lehros." He bites a piece of right away and puts the rest into his pack. You can see his eyes tearing up, from the spices perhaps. He grabs his weapon off the floor and is ready. "Lets go brother." The two Wolf Brothers exit the house and turn north heading back the way they came, the long trek home is frought with peril and you may never know what happens on their dangerous journey.

It is now time for your own trip to begin. Flint Striker, Lehros Frost Moon, Virbika of the Seal and the Sylvanhel Elf Saeldur are packed and ready to travel west, through the lands of the Mammoth Tribe and into the dangers of the Doviello lands beyond the safety of the mountains, and into the wide open world. The group says their good-byes, and gathers the supplies, its all very Deja Vu to everyone as you had thought you left this morning once, but now you are doing it again.

On the edge of the village, Vibrika looks back, the warriors of the tribe, her family (the only one she's known until now) stand there, and the Cheiftain her adopted father waves his good-bye.

A cold wind blows from the north, the howl of a wolf on it.
Here ends Chapter 1! Trejune and Jeger are departed. I heard that JW should be back in a week or so, that means Flint Striker will remain for a while longer. Feel free to make one or two more posts, but I'll be starting Chapter 2 shortly and will award XP between now and then!

Thanks for bearing with me through some down time, alot of PC schufflings, and other complications in the game.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: The End

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Vibrika's tears sting her face as she turns back to her village. They are all she's ever known as family, and yet she has chosen to leave with what amount to as strangers. She gives a small wave, having huged her step-father and sisters all before leaving this morning.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:51 pm

Saeldur moves beside Vibrika and lays a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I know how hard it is." He nods his head almost imperceptibly. "Until this trip, I had never been more than a day's journey away from one of the elvish enclaves. All I can comfort you with is the fact that it is necessary if the world is to survive in any way that we care to see it."

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:09 pm

"I know" she says, and squeezes his hand in thanks. She realizes she cna't be the only one who is hurting to leave their home, but it's hard to choke back the emotions.

She turns away from the village and takes a deep breath. "Let's go"
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Saeldur nods. "Don't worry," he says. "We'll be back."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: A Family Affair

Post by sempai » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:38 pm

as Vibrika crys over leaving, Lehros is the oppisite, it is time to travel, his home is the cold, he takes a deep breath of the cold air, his pink cheeks turn white, the marks contrast increases.

Without looking back, he jets ahead, leaving little trace in the snow his white pupils scanning the landscape.
lehros standard operation, hunt for critters, scout ahead, stay within ears reach