Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: A Family Affair

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Kylorins Sign

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:34 pm

Jeger isn't listen to his brother complain again about their father. He is looking up the passage as the tunnel shakes ever so slightly. There is another tremor in the passage, its slight, not like an earthquake, but like something large has fallen on the ground up the passage.

Kylorin calls back to the group, shouting now at Trejune's out burst, "Silence you petulant child! I have not brought you here to debate this. If you are so selfish my son, then return to your people, protect them from the dangers that sweep over this world and leave the deeds of heros to the adults. There are more who bear my blood among the Amurites of every tribe of your people."

The passage shakes again, his voice now is furious and worried, "I can not do this for much longer, Mulcarn's power is overriding mine. I will try and send again for you, seek among the Doviello Saeldur, a piece of the Goldslayer makes them strong. I have had a vision, you must remember when you wake, it will guide you!"

At the top of the passage a hulking dark form appears. It completely fills the passage, and Jeger spins his tigerskull club in his hands, "We have company!" At the top of the passage is a huge Black Wolf, slathering teeth coated in rabid foam shine out in the blue light of the runic letters. The massive beast lets out a terrible howl that shakes the passge. The wolf, while standing taller than a man, and weighing near to 2000lbs is different than your normal dire wolf in the fact that it opens a third eye on its forehead! Right in the center of the forehead of the huge wolf is set a third eye that opens, and gazes out at the three of you.

It charges down the tunnel, there is no place for you to go, the icy bars behind you are a cage, and can't be broken as Trejune's hand can atest too and the Black Wolf takes up the entire passage in the other direction. It charges down the icy slope and pounces on the group ripping you to shreads.

As blood and darkness takes you, you can hear Kylorin's words echoing the passage, "Remember the sign! Remember THIS sign!"

*** Darkness Takes You ***

The three eyed black wolf rips you all to pieces and you wake with a sudden startle! It was all the dream, you each wake furiously thrashing or sitting up in a sweat in the spare chamber of Vibrika's house. The smell of cooking breakfast on the air, and the voice of the others chattering in the other room...
The split threads are over! I'm going to move the others back into this main thread! Please RP waking up from this nightmare.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Kylorins Sign

Post by sempai » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Like an explosion in his lower body, Lehros springs to his feet practically diving over the table. He sprints to saeldurs side. He speeks the words of his ancestors automaticly not thinking. The words spill from him quickly.
Grabbing the elf by the shoulders...
Saeldur are you ok?
He realizes his use of the elven tongue, and corrects himself.

"are you all well? were we correct to not wake you?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Saeldur thrashes for a time in his sleep, and then bolts upright into a sitting position. "<Anhel>The sign!" he shouts, clearly not certain exactly where he is. "The sign," he repeats in a much softer voice as he begins to to take in his surroundings. He deflates as the energy leeches out of him, and is brought back to awareness by Lehros's touch on his shoulders.

"I will in a moment," he replies, looking up at the half-elf and switching back to the tongue of their companions. "We found Kylorin." A weak smile forms on his face. "And yes, it was right of you not to wake us." He glances over at the Wolf brothers. "We can talk of it later. Right now we need a moment to recover from the vision. Food and drink might help."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:55 pm

Trejune's eyes flicker open, a look of disgust upon his face as he sits up and peers around. He immediately looks to Jeger, making sure he is well, but spots Saeldur and sighs deeply. "Kylorin has no power over Mulcarn," he says simply, flexing and looking down at his hand.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:18 pm

The elf conjurer shakes his head in a sad gesture. "I'm sorry you think so," he says softly. "But the fact that he - a mere man - could hold out like he was against a god speaks volumes as to his power."

He pauses and looks at Trejune for a moment. "But I can see that's not what you want to hear." He sighs. "I can see that Kylorin was right. Perhaps you and Jeger are not suited to this quest. Perhaps your destiny lies only with the Wolf tribe."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Jeger wakes, restless, and thrashing, swinging his arms like he was holding his club and fighting to the last. When he bolts up right he shouts, "Yaaaaaawp!" Then he slumps back into the fur beding with a sigh. Rolling over he gathers himself and then sits up, he nods to his brother making sure he is alright, and then spots the others in the room, Vibrika and Lehros entering from the kitchen. Flint Striker remains in the other chamber alone for a while collecting himself.

Jeger isn't sure what to think, he agrees with both Saeldur and his brother but then speaks, "The sign, yes, the sign. I think it is time my brother and I follow the sign." He looks up at Trejune, "The wolf?" He says nothing else for the moment.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:59 pm

father, i missed him...

lehros cant speak.. he only listens to the others speak of his father, never interrupting not wanting to miss any information about his father.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:48 pm

Trejune shrugs to Jeger, saying nothing to the elf. He has already formulated his opinions about his father, he needs not say anything more. He answers, "I shall do what you do, brother."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:45 pm

"The Black Wolf Trejune, how can we over look that? Our Chieftain was sometimes called the Black Wolf, and now he is dead, just as Saeldur and Lehros arrived. I can not easily over look that sign." He passes back and forth. "Saeldur, I share my brothers fears. If Kylorin is in prison now, how can we hope to do what you ask. Espcially with the omen we have seen now? I think our path is clear now, isn't it Trejune?" Jeger stands among siblings, but not friends.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:56 pm

Vibrika enters the room and is glad the others are awake now. Their slightly terrified looks spurn her into action and she offers up the fresh food immediately when it's suggested that they eat.

"There is food and drink in the common area."
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.