Chapter 1 - Cold Ambition: A Family Affair

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Kylorins Sign

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:31 pm

"You must do what you feel best," Saeldur says stiffly. "As must we."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Jeger looks at his brother, he needs some input from Trejune. "I, I believe Saeldur that your quest is pure. To put and end to the long winter, and to defeat Mulcarn is noble. It is foolish however. The Wolf need our help, the sign from Kylorin was clear to me, what do you say brother?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:00 pm

Trejune stands up ands nods slightly, "Good intentions, perhaps, impossible, most likely." He frowns, looking around the room, "Do not throw your lives away needlessly for Kylorin. I have seen him. Trapped like a seal in the mouth of a shark." He chuckles, "Putting your faith in him is unwise." He nods to Jeger, "Brother, let us prepare to be away." He gathers his pack, bedroll, and everything he came with.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:08 pm

Saeldur nods. Several retorts come to mind, but he suppresses them all. It would be bad enough to lose Trejune and Jeger. He didn't need to go adding fuel to the fire by making their departure any more acrimonious.

"Thank you for your help so far," he says at last. "I'm sorry to have taken you needlessly from your home." He smiles - a bit forced, but heartfelt nonetheless. "I wish you luck in your defense of the Wolf tribe." He pointedly offers no response to Trejune's comments about their quest.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:23 pm

Lehros lowers his eyes, he has every intention of wishing Jeger and Trejune success on their travels, but cant fathom the strength.

standing next to Saeldur he speaks.
I'm with you

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 pm

Saeldur shakes his head, though whether in sadness, disappointment, regret, or something else, it's hard to say. In a low voice, he replies to Lehros.
What else is there to do?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:31 pm

Jeger nods to his brother, "We shall leave this morning, straight away." The other brother looks to Saeldur and offers the Ananhel his hand, "You are welcome among the the Wolf. Seek us out if you are up our way and are in need of help. We have long memories us Wolves, and you shall forever be an ally." He looks at his other half siblings, "Good luck brothers and sisters. Any fight against the Frostlings, as futile as it may be, is worthy." He says his good byes to his siblings and offers each of you the same invitation to enjoy the Wolf Tribe hospitality, Vibrika espcially.

In a matter of a few minutes Jeger and Trejune are packed and ready to depart home.
Yes, these two characters are heding home. TetNak may be returning with a new character if he wants to (more than welcome). And Orgon will be joining us soon as well.

Say your good-byes because Jeger and Trujene are gone in a post or two.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:35 pm

"I hope to meet you both again," Saeldur replies. "And under more promising circumstances." He takes the young Wolf's hand. "Keep the Wolf tribe safe," he says. "And yourselves as well."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:41 pm

the young elf gathers his strength, and steps foward, he pulls open his pack and removes a special wrapped selection.

Inside is his weasle jerky, dipped with the hottest of spices.

his cheeks pinken once again, sweat forming on his forehead, "this will warm you" he shyly says. He takes a deep breath and lightly pats Jeger on the shoulder, while giving Trejune a quick nod. He steps back and catches saeldurs eye "but eat them soon before winter is gone"

Lehros moves to the rear, not knowing what to feel or think, he hides behind Vibrika and Flint, watching the others intently, his hand on the silk.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:33 pm

"Travel well and safe, both of you. I regret we did not get to know each other better. But know that we will meet again, for I will take you up on your invitation in the future. " She smiles at the brothers. She genuinely liked them, despite not truly knowing either of them. She holds no ill will towards them and likely will have need to travel to the Wolf at some poin in the future.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.