Chapter 3 - Ill Made Graves

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Released from Bondage

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 am

Egbert wearily gets up, every part of his body hurting, most of all his head. He feels his scalp and then looks at his bloody hand. He smiles when he sees the battle is won. "Blessed be Lugus Everwatchful. He reaches for his sword, the one with the Lidless Eye of Lugus on its hilt. He knows he needs to heal some more before he can be useful to his friends again. He utters a short prayer to Lugus and then goes over to Knut, petting him. "Atta boy. Good job, you!" Then he proceeds to help where he can, helping some of the slaves get up and looking out for more enemies.
CLW on self (also affecting Knut) and dishing out my 21 points of Lay on Hands as needed, starting with the most wounded (myself if I am most wounded, but will give at least half of it to others.)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Sabertooth and the Elk

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Lehros pulls his hood up and begins to scout the area, doing circles around the camp keeping watch for more Doviello. Along his way he spots two straglers of the barbarians and lets loose two more of his stone arrows skirmishing with the barbarians. His arrows fly true and strike the enemy dead. Pausing the half anhel scans the battle, it seems the Elk are routing the Doviello, and in parts the Doveillo are breaking and fleeing. The battle seems won, but there is still much fighting going on in small pockets where the barbarians are rallied about lesser chieftains. You are for the moment safe enough here.

Egbert reaches up and touches his head, his helm is totally smashed and completely useless. Pealing off pieces of the armor from his blood and sweat soaked head the Paladin grimaces and groans in pain. A call to Lugus the Everwatchful for healing stops the ringing in his head. In the worst shape himself, he channels the healing power of Lugus into his body and refreshes himself. Far from feeling well, he is feeling alright to fight again, but he needs more attention still.
CLW Self +5, LoH Self +11

You are the only one in bad shape like this.
Then Amundi arrives, "Hold still Egbert...by Kylorin look at your head brother how are you still alive?" The Elk Shaman calls on the power of his ancestors, and the spirits of the land to channel further healing power into his Mammoth brother." Amundi's healing power is great, and the flow of warmth into Egbert's body recharges him, and lifts him up, the pain in his head is gone, and his wounds heal up, he is no longer critically wounded.
SponConvert: CCW + 27 Hps to Egbert

Not sure where Bo is.
Ovind's mother makes a sign of respect to the tall tree and the other by banging her fist to her heart. "You have the thank you of the Sabertooth for saving aiding my Daughter, and for saving us and my Husband. I am Thjodhild, and my daughters are ready to fight." She glances behind her and takes a spear handed to her from one of the younger woman. They do appear ready to fight. She looks at Berg, who is in no shape, already having battled and lost against the Doviello to protect his family. Thjodhild looks up at the tree, "Tree-Elf, you may carry Berg into battle."

Saeldur tries to bow, but being a tree the thick knotty bark makes it hard. So he just scoops up the crippled man in his big hands, and is ready to march back into battle toward the Elk city and through the battle lines.
The goal now is to get back to Bowenwar and the main Elk lines at the wall of the city. I'm not going to run another combat however. It will be more of a narative situation, where you all win as the Elk are currently beating the snot out of the Doviello since the chieftains are dead, and you have won time and again.

Really just looking to resolve some RP with Ovind's tribe, and gear you up to charge the Doviello, then I'll story it out, giving you all chances to just RP kicking their butts.

All sheets updated.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: The Sabertooth and the Elk

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Saeldur, in treant form, strides forward past the routed Doviello with total disregard for the barbarian invaders. Where he can, he tramples Doviello warriors with his root-like legs, furthering their defeat. Always, he keeps Berg above the fray, protecting the injured man with arms made of wood. "Tell me," he says to Berg in a voice that is merely loud, "how came you to be captured by the Doviello?"
Trample, trample, trample!

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Back, sorry for the disappearing act...though with how Var rolled for Flint I'm not as sorry as I could be!
Flint Striker's fortunes in battle were great, but the Bear speak little of their triumphs, letting the deeds be their heralds. Instead, he helps free the slaves, his goofy smile and strong hands a moment's calm to those in terror.

The Sabertooth women warriors startle him; never before has he seen so many women ready to fight! With Vibrika's... with Vibrika still fresh in his mind, he privately resolves to keep near them; better that none of them might go up the mountain today.

Looking to Saeldur, he chuckles and shakes his head.

"An elf that is a tree. They will never believe me when I bring the tale home."

His axe at the ready and his heart strong, Flint Striker prepares to charge the savages and break them before Bowenwar's walls.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Øvind goes about securing her boomerangs thrown in combat. She looks at Egbert and attempts to decide what shape he is in, as she typically uses Junil's Heart of emergencies.

She runs alongside Saeldur and her Family-Father, Berg. She keep her shield out and heavy boomerang ready to launch at the nearest foe.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Egbert heals himself (and Knut) and gets up, starts walking over to the others and says: "Do not worry, I will help... aghhg." He doubles over and falls to his knees, his head aching and the pain overwhelming him. He is battered and bruised and his vision swims due to blood loss. When Amundi comes and heals him, he smiles. "Thank you brother! I feel much better. May you ever walk in the shining Light of Lugus! It seems we have been victorious. Thank Lugus."
Feeling better, he mounts Knut, and follows Saeldur paving a way for the women and his siblings, slaying the odd Doviello, but staying at Flint's side and working together with him to get everyone there safely.

At one time, he sees a lone Doviello, and he halts his comrades and directs a fiery sermon at the barbarian:
"Repent, repent! Embrace the warm light of Lugus and believe in the Everwatchful! Only thus you can be saved and if you turn away from your evil ways, you will walk in the sunshine of Lugus! Blessed Aedon is His witness and He will strike swiftly to punish the evil ones and give great joy and happiness to his folk! Fall to your knees and repent, so you can be saved!"
Attempt a Diplomacy check to convert one of the Doviello.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Chapter 3 - Ill Made Graves

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:44 pm

The group sets out, the massive Saeldur-Tree leading the way through the chaos of the battlefield. Holding Breg safely in his knotty hands he tramples over the odd Doviello that dares to get in his way.

Behind moves Lehros, Flint Striker and Egbert about Knut. Behind them still comes Ovind and Amundi and the women of the Sabertooth. The group pushes forward, and from time to time a skirmish with a lone Doveillo or a handfull of them takes place, each time you are victorious and suffer no significant harm yourselves. As you near the wall, and the Elk who are now not but a few dozen yards awy Egbert spots a lone Doviello and begins to assult him with a fiery sermon.

When Egbert's shouting is done, and the Paladin holds up his holy symbol for the man to see he is rewarded with a crude hand jesture of the barbarian who laughs and runs away back into smoke of the battle. Amundi consols his brother, "Fear not brother, he Doviello are not men, to expect them to understand the blessings of the gods is more than a little hopefull. Come, there are many among the Elk that would beneift from your words."

The group then pushes into the rear ranks of the remaining Doveillo linking up with the Elk to help rout the remaining barbarian tribes that have yet to retreat.

The swirl of smoke and blood consumes you...
Fade to Black. End Scene. Cut!

The conflict for the chapter has come to a close, you are victorious. I don't believe we need to RP the rest of the battle. What I'd like to do is fade up from black to find you all meeting with the king after the victory of the battle.

I'm also going to work out XP and assign that, it won't be enough to level up since you already leveled up mid way through this chapter once.

I think I want to end the chapter here in he haze of battle. Look for the next chapter to start ASAP.

Good job all.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring