Chapter 3 - The Long Run

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: In the Halls of the Elk King

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Øvind considers that splitting the Elk's forces might not be the greatest of ideas. She however does not comment. The king should know his own men and strategies to build upon.

The Sabertooth woman waits patiently as the soldiers head out of the main hall.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

paradoxa
Level 12
Level 12

Post by paradoxa » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:15 pm

With armor, weapons and other equipment, the young half-anhel looks a bit more impressive.
Under the heavy white winter cloak, he wears a light armor of unusual design - it seems to be made of leaves, or at least was fashioned to look that way.
He holds an elaborately carved staff in his hands, the bottom end is reinforced with metal, two twisting snakes form the mid section, and the top of the staff is adorned with a winged crown.
There's also a quiver with arrows and a bone bow fastened to the large pack he carries, as well as snow shoes, a coil of thin rope, crampons and other things. Lehros' gear is clearly that of someone used to traveling the icy wilderness.

The young scout doesn't know much about leading soldiers. But outwitting and trapping stronger foe is a tactic he sometimes used himself, so the plan makes sense to him. He waits for the king to finish giving his commands.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:33 pm

King Bowenwar steps down from the dias his throne is on and strides up to Lehros and Ovind. "Lehros! It is good to see you up and about, I was starting to worry you might sleep through the entire battle." He smiles warmly, "And you must be Ovind of the Sabertooth? I have heard that your family is captive of the Doviello and that you came seeking both alliance and more from the Elk. I tell you this warrior-woman, help us fight the Doviello today and we shall fidn your family, and the alliance shall be secured." He then glances around the room as the troups are moving out. "You heard the plan then? Good. I could use some skilled warriors at my side. Will you both join me and my captains? I plan to leave the city and lead the forces in the ambush tactic myself." King Bowenwar hides his one hand well, tucked into his pocket, but Lehros knows that there is no hand there on that arm, it was burnt off facing the Dragon Oroshar a month ago, yet the new king seems both hale and eager to defeat the barbarians.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Øvind nods to King Bowenwar. "Of course," she says. "I enjoy nothing better than slaying Doviello."

The woman checks the security of two curved wooden sticks that are fastened to her belt.

"I am ready, whenever you wish to set out."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

paradoxa
Level 12
Level 12

Post by paradoxa » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Lehros lowers his head, he's a bit ashamed that they would just let him sleep

"I could scout ahead, maybe run some distractions. " The young half-anhel takes a deep breath, like speaking a whole sentence was something exhausting.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Chapter 3 - The Long Run

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Bowenwar smiles, "Stay with me Lehros, the Shaman are prapairing an obscuring fog to cover our departure. Come let us go..."

The trio then exit the hall and head down through the city as it mobilizes for the battle. Warriors run this way and that way to join their uints. Old men and young boys carry supplies to the front lines, and woman kiss their husbands good by even as they test their bows -- for in the Elk, like in the Sabertooth, woman and men both are warriors of the tribe.

The whole place is getting ready, half the population is moving to the wall, the other half is slipping out the main gate under a heavy cover of fog summoned by the Elk Shaman.

Its perhaps an hour or more when you finally reach your destination. The Elk have placed themselves in a deep dale between some hills filled with evergreen trees. The army settles in silently, the order has been given, no talking and no unnessicary noise -- so as not to give away your position.

You remain with the King and his personal bodyguard, advisors and Shamans. The ruse seems to have worked, thanks to the early warning of Lehros and Ovind alike.

With no fire, and no talking, the waiting for the battle is tense. The Doviello have begun to attack the city of Jotsplat, and so far they don't seem to realize you and the Elk are positioned here. Brutal and vicious, the barbarians aren't known for their cunning. The defenders of the city are holding their own so far, Branta raiders are harring the Doveillo, and war machines (devices designed by Kylorin) are hammering the enemy.

It won't belong now before your army will drive forward and smash into the rear of the Doveillo lines. That is when a scout arrives, "<Whisper> My King I bring good tidings..." behind him comes a small group lead by a Anhel, at once Lehros recognizes them - Saeldur, Flint Striker, Egbert, and Amundi!
Alright guys, this break away thread is rejoining the main game. You can begin to post there once I intro you to it! Welcome fully to the game Tet.
This thread exits: Here
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring