Chapter 5 - To Scale the Dragon

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: The Next Morning

Post by Grimbold » Wed May 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Egbert climbs on, keeping to the front of the group and trying to help those weaker than himself. If there is a particularly dangerous section, he uses his boots of flying to cross with a rope and fastens it on the other (or upper) side and then helps the others go on with the rope (or pulls them up a cliff). He does not say much but does not seem unhappy.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Lehros helps those with the climb that are struggling and even accepts some help when he himself struggles. After an hour or so, "You know Ronk, I am with you on the no flying thing...but if the whole ascent is going to be like this I may have to change my mind."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed May 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Ronk may not wish to fly. But the same cannot be said for Saeldur. He waits to cast his spell of flight until it will first be of use. But once the going gets tough, the wizard takes to the air. There he works to support the others, help get ropes where they need to be, and generally make himself useful.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 07, 2014 9:09 pm

The Children of Kylorin make for the trails, their guide knows the way, and with a Flying Saeldur the way up will be more than possible. The snow beings, the cold winds blowing down into the vale as you scale the mountain upwards toward the Huskarl King's keep atop King's Peak. It won't be easy, and it won't be fast, but it will be possible.

Eyes set upwards, the group, like a slow line of ants climbs up the white face of King's Peak foot by foot, mile by mile toward Charadon and the Illian Seers.
111 Pages is probably enough for a chapter. This is a good spot to end. You've gone though all the underground stuff, and escaped the Doviello camps. Now on to more adventure. Watch for the next chapter ASAP.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring