Chapter 5 - To Scale the Dragon

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: A Hurried Escape: Passage up the Mountain

Post by Grimbold » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Egbert, weapon in hand, hurries along.
Just to be sure: Detect Evil on the one leading us.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:41 pm

The Snowmask point, "Into the secret mountain vales of my people. This way will take us to the Bowl, between The Dragon and the King's Peak." He runs up, but the passage doesn't keep going up for long and begins to level out. Egbert manages to use his divine sight on the man to see he's not evil, there is no glow from him, he is a man, and like any man may make good or bad choices, but there is no innate evil that shines out of him.

"We be careful! Charadon, Chief of Chiefs of the Destroyers go this way. His Frost Sorcerers with him. They kill and capture my people. Take us prisoner because no help them to find the Huskarl King's ancient keep. But there are many paths down once we reach the Bowl between The Dragon and King's Peak."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Ronk grunts and follows after the Snowmask barbarian. He asks, "Did they slaughter your tribe? Did Snowmask not know where King Keep or did Snowmask refuse to aid?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:17 am

The as of yet unnamed barbarian looks back over his shoulder. "The Snowmask do not follow the God of Winter, the Doviello are not allies. When the White Wolf Charadon came to us and demanded we give him the secrets of the Huskarl King to him we refused. It is sacred duty to protect the lands of our fathers. When we said no then came the Frost Sorcerers, and they attacked us. We are brave warriors, but few in number. They captured many, and slaughtered our women and children." He points up ahead, and down below you can vaguely hear echos. "The door! Help me push!" He slams his body against a stone door and with Ronk's help the door is pushed open revealing the outside world once more. Snow and sun swirls into the dark passage lit only by Saeldur's magical spell previously. You race outside into a hidden vale high above the dwarven fortress and the Doviello camps below. It is shielded by rock walls and pine trees like a deep cut within the mountainside. He and ronk shove the door closed as the last of you exits the tunnel. "Come this way, stay close, and keep your voices down." He points at selves of ice and snow waiting to fall away in an avalanche high above you. "The King's Keep is sacred, we protect it from outsiders, but Charadon has gone there now and will take The Stone for himself, he must be stopped."

Then he stops, and looks your group over, "Something about you. You are more than friends of Snowmask. I am Brundaar, Son of the Snowmask." He holds his arm out before him, hand curled into a fist pointed at Ronk ready to knock it into his, a sign of respect among his people.
He's look to Fist Bump Ronk. For a people that wear heavy fur mittens against the cold they dont' do alot of hand shaking, but a good fist bump works in place of it.

On a side note he's really poorly dressed and shivering, but he's to proud to say anything or show his weakness in this matter.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:48 am

Ronk holds out his fist and knocks into the barbarian's extended fist. Since they are now removed from the White Wolf tribe, Ronk takes out his Blood Ram chieftain helm and dons it. He says to Brundaar, "I am Ronk, son of Groll, first of Huva, last of the Blood Ram tribe."

"These are my blood brothers and sisters." He says as he holds his hand out indicating the others.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:29 am

Ovind is keeping an eye on their rear, her greatclub and spells at the ready. She gives a perfunctory smile, her eyes steely. "Ovind, of the Sabertooth Tribe."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Egbert also fistbumps the man and says: "I am Egbert Hawkeye of the Mammoth Clan, servant of Lugus, the Everwatchful."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Saeldur pulls a wand from his haversack. "I am Saeldur of the Sylvanhel, apprentice to the archmage Kylorin." He then speaks the word of command and protects Brundaar from the bitter cold around them. As a word of explanation he adds, "It is the least we could do for the help you have just given us."
Draw the wand of Endure Elements and use a charge on Brundaar (Rhymes with Thundaar!)

GDrive updated.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Brundaar fist bumps many of the group and then is enchanted with the wand of Saeldur. He is about to say something when the cold vanishes and he becomes warm. Touching himself up and down he smiles, "You are blessed by the gods, truly." He stops shivering and speaks, "No you helped me. I would have died there, like all my clansmen before me. Now I have a chance to take revenge and to stop Charadon and his Frost Sorcerers."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:34 pm

"Lehros Frost-Moon." The Half Anhel extends his clenched fist to meet Brundaar's. At first he was going to refrain from this fist bump, but as everyone fell in line he didn't want to offend the man. With a thought of those that may well be in pursuit, "We should keep moving."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"