Chapter 5 - To Scale the Dragon

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: A Hurried Escape: Passage up the Mountain

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 pm

"If you oppose the Frost Sorcerers, then you are our friend," Saeldur replies. Then he nods when Brundaar says they should move, leaving conversation for a later time.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: A Hurried Escape: Passage up the Mountain

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Ronk nods and then says, "Brundaar will need to get in line behind Ronk, if Brundaar want to slay the seers." It's not clear whether the barbarian was stating a truth or making a joke, since he doesn't laugh nor smile at the statement. He simply puts his hand on the Snowmask's shoulder and says, "Lead on."
Last edited by Shurijo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Day Grows Old: Hidden Cave

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Brundaar looks behind, "Yes, this way." He races on but calls back to Ronk, "You kill one already. I get next one. Is fair!" He leads you through secret trails and hidden passes through the mountain for hours until finally the day is growing old and your legs are soar, your lungs burn from the high altitude and cold air under your exertion. "We rest." The Snowmask is panting, struggling himself, even with healing and magic protections against the snow he is tired, hungry and weak from days of torture at the hand of the Prince of Frost. "Cave over here, we be safe."

You haven't seen sign of your pursuers for hours and with the sun low, the high mountains block it out earlier than normal. Not wishing to get lost down the mountain side you agreed to stop and locate the cave in question. It is empty, but shows signs of use by Men in the not too distant past. "Food. Do you have food? I haven't eaten in days." He throws himself down on the icy floor and lays there calmly for a long while.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: The Day Grows Old: Hidden Cave

Post by Grimbold » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:39 pm

"Here, we will share what we have got." Egbert hands the man a piece of dried goat sausage from his pack. Then he also slumps down, tired. Before resting, he prays to Lugus. "Lugus, Sun of the World, open our eyes and make us watchful while we rest. Shine your light on us so that we can be prepared if our enemies should come upon us."
Cast "Keep Watch"
This should allow all of us to rest, like a night's rest. However, we count as awake if any enemies come. Thus, everyone is on guard, and everyone is sleeping!

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Ronk takes a seat and nods his thanks to Egbert. He looks to Brundaar and says, "Tell us about Snowmask tribe and the Keep the seers seek. Why do they search for forgotten place?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:25 pm

Brundaar grabs the food from Egbert and eats with a voracious appetite, it has been days since the Doviello fed him. He eagerly takes anything to drink as well. With a mouth half full he munches away and replies to Ronk. "The Snowmask are... were a proud people. We are Snowmask, not Amurite, not Doviello!" He points at Ovind, "Like Sabertooth are." He swallows and guzzles down some water. "Our grandfathers grandfathers grandfathers of long long ago once served the Huskarl King! Great King, wise and powerful. The Huskarl King came to these lands and built a great fortress and a kingdom for our ancient people. When the Giants came he killed their chieftain and used his blood to make a great weapon. He killed many White Dragons with this weapon, but the Frost Sorcerers of the God of Winter came, and after a normal man's lifetime had past the end was coming. Wise, with a gift of foresight he saw into their icy hearts and knew Winter would never leave. He hid away his powerful artifact and brought down the mountain atop his Keep to hide it from the Winter God and his minions. We are what is left, sworn to always guard what remains, always protect the Huskarl King's secrets and never let Winter have it. Now Charadon wants what was buried. He wants it because with it he can slay any Dragon...." he points up at the very top of the mountain peak above where the Doviello camp and dwarven ruins are, "...including that one."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:23 am

"Alright, that's a new one to me. Ancient dragonslaying sword, and the Doviello want it." She looks up towards the shrouded mountain peak. "So ... anyone else thinking making friends with a dragon sounds like a great idea?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:39 pm

"It depends on the dragon," Saeldur replies. "There are kindly dragons in the world, though you may have trouble believing that. In fact, there is a gold dragon that lives in the enclave I hail from who is invaluable as an adviser, a sage, and a defender of our lands. It may be that this dragon our new friend speaks of is just such a dragon."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:07 pm

Brundaar shakes his head, "I mean The Dragon." He points at the mountain, the mountain itself, which is named "The Dragon" by all accounts. He is suggesting that Charadon will slay the mountain. "He must be stopped. I don't know how he plans to get into the Huskarl King's Keep, it is buried under so much snow and mountain. Perhaps his Frost Sorcerers can do it, perhaps he has another way to control nature, I don't know. I know I can not let him, even if it means I die trying to strop him."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:59 pm

Ronk holds up his hand at the confused Vakri. The barbarian then says, "Mountain named Dragon. Ronk took oath to take you there, after Ronk killed the seers. Why great chief Charadon destroy Dragon?"