Chapter 5 - To Scale the Dragon

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Day Grows Old: Hidden Cave

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Brundaar shurgs, "I don't know. He seeks something else there. By killing the Dragon he can get it. I only know what they revealed when torturing us. There is some great prize if they can kill The Dragon, something for the Winter God."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:03 am

"Well," says Saeldur, "it's a fair bet that if the god of Winter is for it, we're against it. And if there's something in or on the Dragon that he wants, we want to keep him from getting it."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:33 pm

The barbarian nods his head as he eats, pointing at Saeldur, "Wise."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Lehros gazes at the peak of the mountain after Brundaar points to it. He ponders the thought of fighting a dragon and is about to respond to Ovind and Saeldur when Brundaar informs them the dragon is in fact the mountain itself.

"Any thought's on how we stop Charadon from slaying The Dragon?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Brundaar nods, "Stop him from getting into the Huskarl King's keep. Stop him from getting the the weapon. No weapon, no slaying of The Dragon." He finishes his food and drink and looks at his half naked body, "Anyone have extra shoes?" He's barefoot, but luckily the magical protections you've given him have kept his feet from freezing.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:23 am

Ovind blinks, not really following, although the idea of killing more of the agents of Mulcarn is certainly an easy sell. "So ... how do you kill a mountain, and why would a god of winter care? ... maybe it's a volcano, a fire mountain? Maybe that's why he cares?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:26 pm

"I may be able to help you with clothing to keep you warm and safe," Saeldur says. He looks the barbarian up and down, gauging his height, shoulder width, and other measurements. Then he concentrates and speaks some words in a language that was old when the elves were young. As he speaks, there is a shimmering on the ground before him. The shimmering slowly comes into focus. And when it stops, there is a set of furs, boots, and other cold-weather clothing of about Bundaar's size lying in front of the wizard.

"There you go. They will only last a day, or perhaps half that. But it should serve for the time being."
Use a MP to cast Major Creation to make a cold weather outfit for Thundaar.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Brundaar steps back from Saeldur, "Such sorcery! Like the tales of the ancient Huskarl King. They say he was a great shaman of incredible power." The barbarian takes up the clothing, inspecting it a bit dubiously but then shoves the boots and clothing on gladly. "Tight." he shrugs his shoulders and makes room in them with a slight rip. "Good."

He looks at Ovind, "Why do men kill dragons and monsters? To take their treasure." He looks exhausted finally, the rigors of torture and the run are on him heavily now. The day is already late, and the sun is down. "We leave in the morning. I show you the way." He moves to the back of the cave out of the wind and curls up and falls asleep.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu May 01, 2014 4:12 am

Lehros looks for a suitable spot within the cave to place his gear for the night. Finding one, he drops his pack, "claimed!", then un-shoulders his bow and lets the others know he will take the first watch.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu May 01, 2014 1:00 pm

"When the magic ends, you can have my spare boots." Egbert says. As he is wearing Vibrika's boots (the ones with the wings), he does not need his own.
"As I said, if we do not move too much, we can rest and still be watchful."