Chapter 7 - A Return from Darkness

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Valanhel: Destruction on the Horizon

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Yes its like that, its base stats are that of a dagger. But you know way more powerful. This is the image that I presented when you found it.

The debate can't last long, the roaring of the Dracolich as it crushes the House of the Silver Bow rings out. You hear from a few blocks away the Valanhel archers loosing arrows, in vain at it, as they fight to defend the city giving their people some time to flee.

You stand frozen in debate as hundreds die around you.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 08, 2017 4:49 pm

"Now!" Saeldur exclaims. "We must ast now. This is our chance to save the Valanhel and remove a terrible threat to the free peoples of the world. More importantly, it also removes a terrible threat to our ultimate mission, a threat that could come to haunt us later if we turn away from it now."

"So come," he adds turning toward the dracolich. "Who's with me?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon May 08, 2017 11:57 pm

Ronk growls and grits his teeth. The barbarian says, "Sword to Egbert. Ronk engage. Egbert stab." The barbarian turns and begins to walk with a purpose towards the dragolich. The others can sense that the barbarian is about to turn from a brisk walk into a sprint at any moment, as he begins to lift his obsidian great axe to his shoulder and adjust his blood ram headdress.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 09, 2017 2:50 am

Ovind carefully retrieves the Godslayer from the extradimensional space, and then from the runed case. "Best make it quick, Paladin. We can screen for you, and use our magics to hamper the creature. But it is incredibly powerful, and shrugs off mortal magic with disturbing ease. May the Gods be with us all." She hands over the Artifact she has been safe-keeping since they won it, for the good of them all.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue May 09, 2017 10:06 am

"Good. We need all the magical prayers and protections we can get. If you magically hamper it, I will be able to stab it where it hurts. Though I am sure Ronk can also hurt it bad. What else do we know about these Liches? What do we need to destroy to kill them, some object?"
It has electricity damage, as well as cold (I guess, of course).
As soon as we're ready, buffs:
- Use keen edge oil on Godslayer piece (10 mins/lvl).
- Drink potion of Bull's strength
- Activate Boots of Flying (5 Minutes)
- Cast Righteous Vigor (13 rounds)
- Cast Fire of Entanglement (13 rounds)
- Cast Divine Favor (1 minute)
- Smite evil (I think as it was "killed" the old smite ended)

Not sure if "Greater Angelic Aspect" is still active. I cast it right before the last battle and it is active for 13 minutes. In that case, do not use the boots of flying.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 23, 2017 2:58 pm

I know I know... but the moment someone posts 7 Prep Spells my fingers cramp up and I don't want to deal with it. Sorry. I'll post here soon.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Dracolich: Take 2 - Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 26, 2017 5:11 pm

You turn back and race toward the danger once more. Egbert takes a minute to prepare him, even as he's' holding the shard of the Godslayer and can feel its pull on his soul. You hurry back, against the flow of fleeing elves, over rubble and through the battle that is spreading. You find the Dracolich has just finished obliterating a squad of Valanhel soldiers and their archer companions.

You dive into the battle once more...
Round 1 Lehros 24, Egbert 23, DracoLich 19, Ovind 13, Ronk 13, Saeldur 5

Sorry for delay, these epic fights are hard on me.

Egbert does a bunch of crap, sheet updated.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:40 am

I trust we still have a Prot Energy Cold running. If not, Egbert would include this in his pre-fight buffing. Cold first, then electricity.
Without a word, Egbert shouts his warcry: "For Lugus!" before flying at the Dracolich and hacking at its spine with the Godslayer piece.
Move/Move: Double move (fly 40ft) to move on top of the Dracolich (as far to the tail as possible).
Free: Use MP (amazing initiative) to gain another standard action: Attack (power attack, vital strike) the dracolich with godslayer. Use shield for defense. Fire of Entanglement, Smiting, Righteous Vigor, Divine favour)
Righteous Vigor:
DESCRIPTION

Infusing the target with a surge of furious divine energy, you enhance a creature’s ability to hit an opponent based on the number of times it has already hit that opponent with a successful attack. Each time the subject successfully strikes an opponent with a successful melee attack, the subject gains a cumulative +1 morale bonus on attack rolls (maximum +4 bonus) and gains 1d8 temporary hit points (to a maximum of 20 temporary hit points). If an attack misses, the attack bonus resets to +0 but any accumulated temporary hit points remain. The temporary hit points disappear at the end of the spell’s duration.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Round 1 Lehros 24, Egbert 23, DracoLich 19, Ovind 13, Ronk 13, Saeldur 5

Sorry on the long delay again. Also @Eilandor

You have the Anti Cold one up, but at a point I draw the line of having 48935239875 buff spells up and ready.
Lehros runs forward a bit, bow and arrow in hand. "Here we go..." he exhales and then fires off an arrow striking the massive skeleton dragon in the skull. His arrow sticks in its bone, maybe it hurt it, you can only hope.

Egbert then flies forward as best as he can, right up to it, and swings Godslayer at the Dragon, and manages to miss! The huge beast swoop to the side avoiding the small dagger. Then it attempts to bite him, but he swoops to the side right into its front claws. Egbert is pummled by the pair of claws, sliced and battered badly before he's hit by wing buffets that knock him about and down to the ground where the tail of the beast sweeps across the land crushing him before he can get back into the air. He's bleeding, with tree broken bones now, and a dozen bruises, he's nearly knocked out!

Ovind, Ronk and Saeldur...
Lehros: Move/Draw Bow, Skirmish/Vital Strike: 36 Miss + Mythic Point 5 = 41 Hit for 16 + 18 Sneak = 34
Egbert: Move Move (Fly), Mythic Power: Attack (PA, VS, Etc): 28 Miss (no MP chance)
Draco: Full Attack Egbert: "1" (Fumble: 49 Normal Miss), 39 hit for 30, 49 Hit for 27, 37 hit for 9, 37 hit for 17, 47 hit for 33 = 116 Dmg!

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Ronk takes off running towards the dracolich.
double run towards dracolich, doesn't look like I can get an attack this round, so just run and rage on