Chapter 7 - A Return from Darkness

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

The Chamber of the Moongate

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Ronk glances around at his tribe. The barbarian doesn't want to see the city or elves suffer the same fate as his own tribe, but the man understands the importance of completing their mission and allowing the elves to defend their own.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Ovind looks soberly at Saeldur. "You know I'm a fighter, but a survivor too. I'm willing to run, but prefer to fight. One question I have is this - if we run now, will we ever find out what happened to your Father? If the City falls, any evidence will be destroyed, and we may never be able to pick up the pieces."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:55 pm

"I desperately want to stay as well," Saeldur replies. "both to save the city and learn more of what happened to my father. But our mission is the most important thing in the world right now. I don't want to risk that, no matter what the cost. And to move forward we need to speak to the Sylvanhel."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:01 am

Ronk nods to Saeldur, giving his companion his support. "Hurry," the barbarian says, "Not wait. Tribe move fast."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:00 pm

It seems decided.

You will leave the Valenhel to their fate and travel through the Moongate to the Sylvanhel. Before that Saeldur makes sure that Godslayer is hidden inside the box and inside his bag, with hopes that none shall be able to scry the relic and find you or the hidden Sylvanhel.

You take any last actions, grabbing things you left behind and stride up to the gate. The Gate Keeper looks at you, and begins to weave his magic. One by one the runic stones light up and then a great swirling portal of blue magic appears.

Saeldur looks around, "May the Valanhel survive this, and their sacrifices not be in vain." He then strides through the portal vanishing within its vortex.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Egbert joins his kin and steps through. With the Dracolich dead, the Valenhel should be able to clean up the rest of the Frostlings. Anyway, the Children of Kylorin are here on a divin errand, and you do not defy the gods. He does not say anything, but mumbles a prayer for the Valenhel before going through.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:37 pm

Ronk hesitates and waits until the others have entered. His fear and apprehension of sorcery and magic seems to grown webs around his feet, preventing him from stepping through the portal. Seeing the others enter it without concern, the last of the Blood Ram allows his ego to override his fear as he lifts his first foot and stomps forward. He moves as if he is dragging a hundred stone sled, slow and methodical, as his mind struggles to hold off the fear and superstitions about the sorcery involved in this gateway. He moves onward and eventually through the portal.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:55 pm

One by one you vanish into the Moongate...
Chapter End

Give me a bit to get the next chapter up and started
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring