Chapter 8 - The Sylvanhel

After 350 years of blizzards and crushing ice, there is a slight lull in winter's fury, as if Mulcarn is distracted by something. The Children of Kylorin the last great Archmage take up their swords and seek to bring about The Thaw and save mankind!

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Giants of Mulcarn: The Harder They Fall

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Egbert walks over to Ronk and slaps him on the back. "We did it! We did it!" then he turns to everyone: "Thanks for having my back. I thought I would meet my maker at one point."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:37 pm

Ronk looks at Egbert and says, "Egbert maker make strong Egbert. Ronk will kill Ronk maker. Ronk will be free of maker." The barbarian kicks at the fire giant as he inspects their weapons and equipment. "Puny giant." He says.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Egbert 1 Lay on Hands Self +22

Egbert 113/138
Ovind 87/141
Hanak 221/221 (78 NL)
Ronk 111/153

All your short term buffs are over and removed
Egbert calls on a healing blessing for himself before joining everyone. Looking the company over Ovind appears the worst off, but she can generaly handle herself.

Powers fade, the walls spin then spin out and die off. You are left among the pile of corpses. Egbert searches the two largest giants. They both wear suits of half plate armor, that none of you could ever wear, and their weapons are massive, perhaps you might wield them in two hands if you were strong enough: a spear and an ax, but the burning lava like quality of the weapons have gone cold along with their owner's spirit.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Ovind leans against the cliff face, catching her breath. She certainly has never channeled so much divine energy in so short a time, and the experience has left her light-headed. She smiles wanly at her 'brothers', just letting herself recover. "Well done. It appears our new friends have won on their front as well." She looks around at the bodies. "We should perform a funeral pyre if at all possible. Normally I'd say we couldn't because there is little wood up here, but given Hanak's abilities with flame ..."
Got plenty of Channels left. Use all of those as necessary. Also wanting to heal up our new Dwarven allies too.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:40 pm

"Yes, I think we should burn them. They were creatures of evil, but worthy enemies. Hanak, did you know them?" Egbert says.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:03 pm

The dwarf shakes his head, concern clouding his countenance.

"I had heard rumors that Giants of unusual might had sworn themselves to Mulcarn. And the Cinderborn are the stuff of children's nightmares. To think that both were true..."

Sobered, Hanak begins to move the corpses into a pile to incinerate.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:32 pm

Forget ROUS

The new danger is GOUM
From the east the dwarves there are done, the battle is one, but Vokkan bloodied and battered draws behind him two make shift sleds. On them are the bodies of Brogwyn, and Turmer. He joins you and slumps to the ground, "We have defeated the Frostlings, but at a great cost. They had giants among, we drove them off, but..." He is breathing slowly and shallowly and the snow around him is turning crimson. You realize he is bleeding out, he should be dead, but he's held on long enough drag his companions to you. He won't last another few breaths....
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:56 pm

Ovind extends her budded greatclub, and moves through the dwarves. Novas of green light extend from her, channeling the healing warmth of Nantosuelta into this frozen world.
Giants are already of unusual size! They're Giants. That's the damn meaning of the word!

Spam the hell out of Channel Energy to go about healing. Also have Mythic Breath of Life, so I can revive someone who died 2 rounds ago instead of 1. Although since we're in cinematic time, I doubt that applies to anyone currently.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Egbert also proceeds to use the power of Lugus to give aid as he can.
Use up to 5 lay on hands (+mercy)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:23 pm

I'll let you use Breath on 1 dwarf, go ahead an RP it