Prelude: Following Plague

In the outskirts of the Empire normal people fight for survival against nature and the supernatural combined. Only the fortunate will survive.Version 2.0 of Equinox

Created by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: Following Plague

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:45 pm

The man shrugs, "I have no idea, I ain't went back there! They are moaning and groaning something terrible!" The driver coughs again, shaking his head, "Something terrible I tell you ..."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:06 pm

The Acolyte nods, thinking on it for a long time. "Remain here. I will fetch the priest and other acolyte and we will see what we can do. I am the most junior of the temple, and this is likely beyond my limited skills. But you must not come further."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:47 pm

The man grunts and shrugs, "Well hurry up!" he says, coughing again, then looking around as if others were going to come help him immediately. When that does not happen, he gives another look to the young man before him, waiting for Sean to scurry off to find the others of his temple.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:36 am

Sean does indeed scurry off before the man on the wagon gives up and decides to bring the disease to town.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:40 am

The wagon remains still as Sean runs off toward the temple. He ignores the sharp pains in his feet, throwing open the door to his sanctuary, and rushes down the pews toward the dais. Standing there is Brother Martyan, reading over a few scrolls while seated in the first row.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:44 am

"Brother Martyan!" wheeses the acolyte, unaccustomed to running so far. "two very ill men... just outside the town proper... I think the man... who drove them on the cart has caught their... illness as well."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:47 am

Martyan looks up suddenly, remaining silent for a moment, and then stands. Martyan is in his forties, or so it seems, with flecks of gray in his beard and hair. "Then let us see to these people, acolyte," he says, walking toward the exit. It does not appear Brother Martyan is going to be running anywhere.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:03 am

Sean seems perfectly happy with Martyan's sedate pace, as it will give him a chance to catch his breath before being asked to assist the priest.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:05 am

The pair heads back up the road toward the wagon. In the driver's seat sits the man, coughing and wheezing, but thankfully the wagon has not moved. The man spots Sean and Martyan's arrival and yells, "Where have you been?" In truth, Sean has been gone nearly no time, perhaps ten minutes ...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:32 am

Sean ignores the man. The sick are often surly and he's learned to let such insults slide off of him. "This is Brother Martyan of the temple of Eluria."

The young priest's breath has settled and he seems competent again, but he is unable to introduce the man who's name he forgot to ask in his earlier excitement.