Prelude: Following Plague

In the outskirts of the Empire normal people fight for survival against nature and the supernatural combined. Only the fortunate will survive.Version 2.0 of Equinox

Created by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: Following Plague

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Martyan says nothing, to the disdain of the man in the wagon, who continues to complain. The man rounds the wagon and pulls open the back flap of the covered wagon and then looks inside. After a few seconds he pulls it closed and grunts. "The abandoned farmhouse," he says, indicating an old farmhouse another mile off the road, "This wagon needs to be taken there and the sick will remain there." The priest looks at Sean, "Take them there." He leans in toward the acolyte, "Do not get too close. I will send someone to guard and not let them leave."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:53 pm

Sean nods, motioning the direction to the man driving the wagon. "This way." He doesn't mention that the man on the wagon will be among those not allowed to leave. He just hopes that the farm's barn is still standing so that he doesn't have to put the man in with the clearly sick.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Sea leads the wagon to an outlying farm. The home is still there, a bit dilapidated, but no worse for the wear. On the rear side of the farm is a large barn, still filled with straw, which should be good enough to keep these people warm and secure from the elements.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:02 pm

Sean leads the wagon directly into the barn. After checking the roof for obvious leaks and helping to unhitch the horse and put it to pasture, he turns to the driver. "The farmhouse is yours. Until we're sure you haven't caught this as well, we can't have you leave, but we won't keep you in here with them, either."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:06 pm

The driver starts to argue, but he just grunts and guides the wagon into the barn. The wagon itself just barely fits inside, but enables the driver to bring some warmth to those in the back without handling them.

Sean stands guard for about an hour until two other men show up, locals from the village, handymen, really. Each carry a pitchfork. They nod to Sean, "We are to relieve you," one says, "Brother Martyan requested your presence."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:14 pm

Sean nods to the two men. "One of you should check on the status of the well. The three men will need water more than anything else, and though I doubt the well is dry, the fittings may be broken. Find out what will be needed to fix it and come see me at the temple when you're relieved. I'll see to it that it is taken care of from there."

Finally, and now feeling his blisters again, the young man heads back to the temple.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:17 pm

One of the men carry a pack. "I have a waterskin and some food in here," he says. He heads into the barn immediately. The second man simply nods to Sean as he leaves and heads back into town. The boy has been doing a lot of walking today.

Sean enters the temple again, and both Martyan and Aluae are there, speaking to each other. When Sean enters, Martyan spots him and waves him over.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:53 pm

Sean walks to the other two. "The wagon is in the barn of the old farm. I convinced the driver to keep himself to the farmhouse, but I doubt he'll stay there willingly for long, particularly if he starts to get really sick."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:58 pm

Martyan nods, "Good," he says, "I hope we can keep them from fleeing and making everyone sick." The man looks over at Sean and sighs, "I have bad news for you, I am afraid." He looks over at the woman, Aluae, "We have been talking," he starts, "And if these people came from Whitewood Dale, then we need to find out what is going on there. Our duty is not just to Longdark, but all of Hael." There is silence for a few moments, and then Brother Martyan says, "I need you to go to Whitewood Dale. Search out the sick. Record their symptoms, and see if you can ascertain a remedy."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:07 pm

Sean stammers for a moment. "But, brother... I am not even a proper healer. I can record symptoms and track a disease as you have shown me. But a remedy? I would not even know where to begin! St Eluria barely gifts me with the solution to a stubbed toe on most days!"