Prelude: Following Plague

In the outskirts of the Empire normal people fight for survival against nature and the supernatural combined. Only the fortunate will survive.Version 2.0 of Equinox

Created by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: Following Plague

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:36 pm

Brother Martyan shrugs, "We have no other choice. Saint Eluria has given you gifts for some reason. Perhaps this is it." The man does not look to be moved by the outburst.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:39 pm

Still the youngster seeks assurance, "You will be looking for a remedy here as well, yes?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:42 pm

Martyan nods, "Of course, and I will be sending a letter with the next wagon going south, to alert other temples of what might be occurring." The man shrugs, "We do not know what this is, yet, but it appears to be contagious. So be careful."

He clears his throat, "I will secure a pony for you, and trail gear, it is quite cold up north ..."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:51 pm

Sean nods. "More than even the winter here, I've heard. I will go and pack what blankets I have." He seems more relaxed now that he's been told that he isn't the only one looking for an answer. "There are infrequently wagons coming from the north. How will I get my findings to you?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:00 pm

"If there are no wagons, I suppose you will need to return yourself." Brother Martyan shrugs, "Use your judgment, acolyte." To the comment of gathering blankets, Martyan nods, "I can supply you with a heavy cloak, winter blanket, a bedroll, and other gear as well. I believe that should help."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:03 pm

Sean nods and makes himself busy for the rest of the day, having been taught that any long journey should begin first thing in the morning, he obsesses over the details of his preparations to keep his mind off the reason for his trip.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Sean keeps himself busy all day. Martyan brings Sean the gear he will need. He first brings a map, which Brother Martyan had made quickly, which shows the general route to Whitewood Dale. He also brings a bedroll, winter blanket, heavy cloak, flint & steel, ten days rations, and a waterskin.

The day passes with Sean studying the map and praying, mostly, as the next week will be long and miserable, more than likely. After a fitful night sleeping, there is a knock upon Sean's door, at his room in the temple. Brother Martyan's voice can be heard, "Sean, are you ready?"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:14 pm

Sean is out of bed in an instant and opening the door. "As close to it as I am likely to get before the job is done and I'm back here in my bed."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:31 pm

Brother Martyan nods and takes a step back, allowing Sean to collect his things and prepare as he might. The older man stands outside until Sean has made himself known as being ready.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:20 pm

With everything he owns packed into a backpack and a sack full of blankets, Sean finally comes out of his room. "Alright, then... well begun is half done or something, right?"