Interlude: No Plague for Durnic!

In the outskirts of the Empire normal people fight for survival against nature and the supernatural combined. Only the fortunate will survive.Version 2.0 of Equinox

Created by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Interlude: No Plague for Durnic!

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:00 pm

Dal and Durnic pay for their food and drinks and get out of the tavern directly, leaving Chaster to deal with this new mess the stranger has brought, or uncovered.

The pair walk a few feet down the snow covered road ...
Var and Shurijo, post here
Last edited by TetNak on Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Interlude: No Plague for Us!

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:06 pm

Durnic pulls up his hood, "I'm going home. I'll fix your trap for tomorrow Dal. Have a good day." He hurries off heading directly home. The large man of the town isn't wasting any time and he jobs slightly to get home even faster.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:23 pm

Dal nods in agreement with the blacksmith and he heads off in the direction of his home. "See ya 'morrow" he says as he waves at the speeding off blacksmith.

As he walks off in another direction, he contemplates, '˜I wonder if there's enough time today to head out to the river.'

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:23 am

Durnic and Dal say goodbye, and Durnic turns and heads back into his shop. The forge is only burning on embers, currently, and no one is in his shop. This is the way he likes it as the day begins to fade.

Upstairs, into the adjourning buildings, is more than likely his family.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:52 pm

Durnic pauses at his shop, and adds a few long burning logs to the fire, pumps the bellows, and then turn all the vents closed. He banks the fire to last until morning so its hot when he is ready to go. "I'll come back and work on Dal's trap later." He then heads to his nearby house looking for his kids as he opens the door. "Honey I'm Home!" He stands in the door way with a worried smile.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:24 pm

Durnic walks into his home, nervous about this plague, but sees nothing that could be considered odd or any signs of this sickness that apparently has taken the inn next door. His wife, Peony, is cooking something in a large pot. This will be dinner, no doubt. His daughter, Lilly, is helping, carving up an onion. Daniel, Durnic's fourteen year old son, is no where to be found.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:36 pm

Durnic strides into the house, and looks at the two ladies in his life with a smile. "Lilly dear, fetch your father a basin and water. I need to get washed up." He waits for his daughter to do as he asks and then continues, "Where is Daniel at? He best we working on his chores." He doesn't let anyone get close to him yet, pushing them away, until he can wash up and feel better about getting the sickness off of him.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:40 pm

Lilly nods and washes off her hands before going to fetch a water basin. Peony continues cooking as Durnic asks where Daniel is, "He left, said he needed to run about town to do something." She shrugs, "Did not say what, I assumed it was something for you."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:25 pm

Durnic frowns, and moves in closer. "Peony, listen to me. A priest from Longdark just arrived in town. He said that some lumberjacks traveling south were sick. He said they came from Whitewoods, and that they died. He came north to check things out here. Do you understand?" He is rambling speaking much faster than he normally does. "There are sick men at the Inn, Chaster's got sick men at the Inn! Do you understand? Where is Daniel? Did he go to the Inn? Damn it Peony, people are getting sick and dieing!" He looks a bit frantic.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:27 pm

Peony frowns, irritated and worried, "Durnic! Calm down!" She shakes her head and takes a step forward, "I understand, and no, I do not believe Daniel went to the inn. He would be with Gelan if he did."

There is a knock at the door, a loud one, downstairs, and in the shop.