Interlude: No Plague for Durnic!

In the outskirts of the Empire normal people fight for survival against nature and the supernatural combined. Only the fortunate will survive.Version 2.0 of Equinox

Created by the GM TetNak.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Interlude: No Plague for Us!

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:46 pm

"Gelan! Gelan is probably infected already. Damn it Peony, why do you let him roam around this village like he's a wild boar? Keep Lily inside when she is back, I don't want any of us going outside this house until this...this plague is over." He snaps his head when the pounding on the door is heard. "Who could that be at this hour?" He gives his wife a stern look as if to say, you better listen to me woman, and then heads down to answer the door.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:50 pm

Peony just shrugs, flabbergasted by Durnic's outburst.

Durnic heads down the stairs, through his shop, and toward the front door. He pulls open the door, peering out, and at Gelan who is banging on the door. Immediately the boy yells out, "Master Durnic! The inn! It is on fire!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:55 pm

Durnic looks at the boy, he doesn't want to get near him, he could be diseased. Curses. He opens the door, "Okay okay, I heard you. Go get the others of the fire brigade. I'll be right along." He turns around, grabs up a long axe used for chopping wood, and grabs up a few of his buckets and heads off at a trot back to the inn to do his fireman's duty. In a small town like this everyone has to lend a hand if there is a fire, or other diaster or no one will ever manage.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:13 pm

The axe is a goofy thing, and just about the only use for it is splitting wood, but it can chop other things. He does grab a couple buckets, then heads over to the inn. He steps inside and only seems some smoke downstairs. The fire has to be upstairs, where the priest from Longdark was to see the sick man ...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:38 pm

Durnic expected the entire Inn to be ablaze. He drops the buckets at the bottom of the stairs, and holds the axe along his side, ready to break down any doors he needs to get past the fire. "Chaster!? Priest?!" he shouts up the stairs not really wanting to climb the stairs in the potentially diseased smoke.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:14 pm

Before anyone can answer from upstairs, Durnic hears someone come in behind him, and yell, "Anyone? Chaster?" He turns around and spots Dal, it looks like they both have returned.
Moving Dal into this thread

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:59 pm

'œDurnic! Where's Chaster? Did he make it out? I didn't see him outside.' The young man shouts to Durnic not knowing how long Durnic has been here. 'œWe need to get the fire out before it spreads.'

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:05 pm

Durnic turns and waves his hand before his face in the smoke. "I just got here. I haven't seen anyone. I have come buckets down stairs, start hauling the water, I'll look for Chaster and that Priest." Durnic then goes about systematicly searching the rooms for anyone still alive that he can drag free.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 pm

Dal heeds Durnic's advice and moves to collect the buckets and fill them with water in hopes of extinguishing the fire in the Inn.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:25 pm

Both Dal and Durnic hear Chaster yell from upstairs. "Up here! Bring water!" Dal has filled the basins with water, holding them awkwardly, cradled in both arms.
Please post to the main thread again