Interlude: No Plague for Durnic!

In the outskirts of the Empire normal people fight for survival against nature and the supernatural combined. Only the fortunate will survive.Version 2.0 of Equinox

Created by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Interlude: No Plague for Us!

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Here we continue the story as Durnic returns home from Chaster's inn.

Durnic walks next door and pushes the door open and walks into his shop. He stops Peony sitting at the bottom of the stairs the leads into his home, waiting. She looks nervous and concerned. When she spots Durnic she jumps up and races forward, grabbing him in a giant hug. "I heard about the fire next door! I thought you might have been hurt!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:36 pm

Durnic moves to his caring wife. He drops to his knee and gives the woman a big hug. "I am fine dear. The fire was small and confined to one room." He considers telling her more but doesn't want to worry her. "Are the children alright?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:17 pm

Peony hugs Durnic, but then looks up, a worried emotion passing over her face. "Daniel, I do not know where he is. If found Gelan, poor boy was scared out of his wits, but he did not know where Daniel was ..." She frowns, "I am sure he is just outside of town hunting or the like ..."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:48 pm

"WHAT?!" Durnic steps back totally errupting, both in fear and anger! "That boy could be sick! Damn it Peony I told you not to let them outside today! Didn't I make myself clear?" He turns around moves to the door, "Stay indoors, and keep Lily safe. If Daniel returns you keep him here, I'll check back in an hour." He exits his house, and heads into the shop. Damn fool of a boy. He looks over his tool and takes a small four pound mallet. Well balanced he tucks it into his belt, just to be safe, and then heads out to look for his son, starting at his friend's houses.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

In Search of a Son

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:55 pm

Peony opens her mouth to protest. "You never said that," she starts, seemingly worried, "What is wrong?"

Durnic is too much in a rush and takes off before answering. He gathers up one of his hammers and exits the shop immediately. The sun has fallen and the short day has come to an end. The blacksmith takes a lantern with him, and walks down the street. Gelan stays at the inn, and Daniel was not there fifteen minutes ago, so he probably is not there now.

There is another boy that Daniel is close to, Jaydon, that lives a few houses down. The boy's father and mother are respectable sorts. The father, Egat, used to work for Kyger, but now actually works as one of Touravic's constables, of which he is one of two. Standing outside the house, Durnic notices a light lit on inside ...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: In Search of a Son

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14 pm

Durnic shouts back at his wife as he leaves the house, "I told you woman, a plague! A deadly plauge."

He is off down the street, the lamp a good idea since its night out. He nearly forgot about that. Down the street he goes in the cold, his heavy cloak over his shoulders to keep him warm. "Gelan wasn't there, what about Jaydon?" He is speaking to the lamp actually as he turns and heads to the boys house. He inhales deeply, sees the light on, and hopes that its the boy up late fooling around.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:17 pm

Standing at the door, Durnic knocks three times, but there is never an answer. He knocks again, many more times, and still there is no answer. Durnic stands there, out in the cold and dark, waiting.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:39 pm

"Hmmm" He moves to a window and tries to peer inside the lit room beyond. He moves from window to window and around to the back of the building tring to see inside.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Durnic walks to the window and peers in. He spots Egat seated in a chair. There is a blank expression on his face and does not move, at all, he looks like he could even be dead. The man simply stares forward, and it /appears/ as though it is directly toward the window, but the man makes not indication he hears Durnic at the door or sees him through the window.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Durnic bangs on the shutters again. "Egat! Egat wake up?" Damn it. Durnic can't want around he circles around to the door, pulls his cloak around his face, to cover his mouth and nose. And proceeds to try and gain entry to the house. First he tries the handle and if that doesn't work he forces his way in.