Interlude: No Plague for Durnic!

In the outskirts of the Empire normal people fight for survival against nature and the supernatural combined. Only the fortunate will survive.Version 2.0 of Equinox

Created by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: In Search of a Son

Post by TetNak » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:48 pm

The door is unlocked, and in turn, Durnic pulls the door open easily. There are no noises throughout the house as far as the blacksmith is concerned. Breathing through his cloak, there is still a stink, like rotting flesh. Something is obviously amiss here.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:17 pm

Through his cloak he calls out, "Daniel?!" He remains in the doorway, unwilling to move in further. He shouts for his son several more times and then changes to calling for other members of the family that live here. "Hello?! Anyone?!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:20 pm

Simply, there is no answer. Durnic looks around, spotting Egat seated, but not saying anything. He has not moved from what the blacksmith can tell, since he entered the house.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:10 pm

Durnic back up out of the house, "Damn it." He closes the door and then takes a deep breath of fresh air. "Daniel better be alright, cause I'm going to beat that kid when I find him." He shakes his head and heads off to the Marshal's office to report what he's found immediately.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:16 pm

Durnic shuts the door and backs away. He turns with a grunt, angry, then spots a figure move through the darkness toward him. In a few moments, he identifies the man through the darkness, it is Dal.
Dal will be joining this thread

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:40 pm

Dal spots the figure of the blacksmith through the few lights on the street. 'œDurnic' he shouts as he continues to run. The young man is out of breath and stops a few paces in front of Durnic.

'œThere's' he starts and then leans over taking a few deep breaths, 'œsomething'. He proceeds speaking one or two words at a time as he tries to get his breath back. 'œhappening' he finishes.

He leans back up with his hands on his back trying to recover from the short sprint. 'œMarshal... got weapons... attacked him... Kyger...'

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:06 pm

Durnic is noding about the first half of the statements, "Yes there is something happen. Egat and his family are dead, plague I gather." He then grabs Dal's shoulder and steadies him. "Breath man, breath. I have no idea what you are saying. Who is attacking who?" Durnic sets his jaw and steels his eyes. I'm never going to find Daneil.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:30 pm

Dal leans back and finally catches his breath, 'œMarshal said we should gather. He was hurt pretty bad. He said something attacked him at the Kyger estate. I didn't stick around to find out. He might have been infected with that disease, he was bleeding pretty bad and could've turned into one of those corpses at any moment.'

He thinks for a moment then asks, 'œWhat are you doing out here?'

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:34 pm

Durnic pulls the hammer out of his pants (oh yeah baby) and taps it on his one hand. "I'm looking for my boy Daniel. Have you seen him?" He starts moving before the answer is given, making his way to the Marshal's place.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Dal turns and lets Durnic walk a few paces before shouting, 'œNope, ain't seen Danny. But the marshal ain't over there. He was beaten up pretty bad and left his office. I think he was headin' over to the Inn.'