Interlude: No Plague for Dal!

In the outskirts of the Empire normal people fight for survival against nature and the supernatural combined. Only the fortunate will survive.Version 2.0 of Equinox

Created by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Interlude: No Plague for Dal!

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:31 pm

Here we pick up the story as Dal is led away by Marshall Touravic to the local jail.

Touravic walks behind Dal, not really saying anything, as they cross the street. They move about two blocks, then the Marshall leads Dal up a short flight of stairs and into his local office.

The jail is well lit. Touravic has decorated if nicely, and the lone cell is empty except for a cot. "Okay, Dal," he says, "Go ahead and get in, I will try to straighten this out and figure out what your fine is going to be."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:18 pm

Dal isn't in a good mood so he remains quite and takes a seat within the cell. He's had a rough night with the fire, so he tries to get comfortable for an even rougher night ahead.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:48 pm

Dal gets into the cell, and Touravic walks over to a chair and scoops a thick blanket off and tosses it to the fisherman. "Here," he says, but afterward closes the door and locks it shut with a key on his person.

"Now, I am going to go talk to Kyger, only be gone a few moments. Then hopefully I can let you out."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:33 am

Dal just grunts and adjusts himself so that he is facing away from the marshal. He isn't happy about all of this and right now he is beginning to fume over why he is the only one of the fire fighters in jail. He tries to ponder the good news of the night, contemplating, 'Well, at least that acolyte and corpse is gone.', but that fails to improve his spirits.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Jail House Blues

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:32 pm

Dal watches Touravic leave the jail and head off into the light snow that is falling outside. He is pleased that the blanket is rather thick, but the cot definitely leaves something to be desired.

The wind blows hard outside. And in a few moments the sun will have fallen and given way to night. The days this far north are very short. Dal prays he can get out of this cell soon.
Kinda waiting for others to catch up ..

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Re: Jail House Blues

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:45 am

Dal attempts to get some sleep in the cell. '˜At least, its quite here.' he ponders as he tries to get confortable.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 pm

Perhaps a half hour passes, and Touravic returns. He's hunched over, holding his stomach. He has blood dripping from his forehead, and he winces in pain. "I have never seen anything like that, ever." He stumbles to the cell, opening it quickly. "We need to gather your friends." Dal notices a gash on his forehead, three lacerations that have cut him, and two smaller scratches across his nose. He has obviously be assaulted by something.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:41 am

Dal rubs his eyes having just fallen asleep. 'œWhat! What happen to you?' he exclaims as Touravic opens his cell, 'œAre you infected with that disease the priest brought here?'

He tries to stay away from the marshal and just agrees with him, 'œYes, Yes, I'll get my friends.' He rushes out of the room not wanting to stick around and thank him for his hospitalities.

Dal heads directly for Durnic's house knowing that if there's any trouble going on, he'll know about it. And if the marshal's hurt, then he doesn't want to stick around and get blamed for that either.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:15 pm

Touravic answers, "I was attacked at the Kyger Estate." He frowns, "I do not know what they were." He shrugs, "I know of no disease, Dal." He begins to pack some extra gear into a sack, knives, a sword, and such.

Dal quickly takes his leave and heads toward Durnic's home, but spots the blacksmith on the street, heading in his direction ...
Please post to Durnic's thread now