Issue 1: Origin Stories

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Issue 1: Origin Stories

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:27 am

"You want it to happen to the other!" the Spark yells. At the power plant, he is used to having things explode so he is using his electrician's instincts to dodge away and dive for cover. He then points the neck of his guitar at the "Car Bomb" and showers lightning on him.
Will use electrician cliche to dodge.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:28 am

I will not be able to post every day in the next weeks or so. If I am stalling the game, please npc me for my action.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:27 pm

Sorceress (4): 5 + 1 + 6 + 4 = 16 You beat Car Bomb! Carsplode cliche down to 3.
The Spark is about to leap from the blast when Charade's spell activates. Car Bomb and The Spark both teleport and switch places. The Spark is now standing in the midst of the supervillains while Car Bomb is right next to the detonating vehicle.

Car Bomb manages the first syllable "Uh" of "Uh-oh" before the explosion smacks him through the glass wall of Tramp Music Megastore.

Lying in a toppled display case of rap CDs he angrily cries out, "Crush him Strongman!", calling out to the massive man in the singlet.

"Punch make win! GRAAH!" Strongman slurs stupidly.The muscular villain charges at The Butcher, his massive fist wound back to deliver a mighty blow.

"No! Hit The Spark, he's right next to you!" Car Bomb says to the dumb titan, who doesn't hear him as he continues running at the master of meat.
Strong (4): 6 + 6 + 6 + 2 = 20

Ouch, I hope you roll well JW. Also, against a roll that high you might want to use a cliche you're ok sacrificing a die in. Remember, supers can combine actions for bonuses so theoretically someone could use up their action to bolster your defense.

You each get one attack action per turn (which can be used for things other than attacking), and as many defensive actions as necessary. Basically one Proactive action, unlimited Reactive actions.

Yet To Go in Round 1:
The Butcher
Billiards Boy
The Spark

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 pm

The Spark whips a quick smile at Charade and winks.

Then he grabs his electric guitar by the neck. It hums with power and sparks dart around its body. He turns to the man with the gadgets next to him and intends to hit him hard with the guitar.

"You should've listened to your momma and become a Windows designer. Now it's too late. It's payday!"

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:25 am

Just in time the Spark sees that the colandered man is not there anymore - being transported somewhere else by magic is a very strange experience - he chooses another target of his strike - Mr. Roboto himself.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:17 pm

His cleaver out and his ire roused, the Butcher stares down the oncoming man-mountain. Before his atkins-friendly gaze, however, said man-mountain is met by a meat-mountain!

Let the oaf tenderize some venison; that should cost him...deerly! An uncharacteristic giggle escapes the hero's lips.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Meat vision (4): 3 + 5 + 1 + 5 = 14 Strongman beats it

Meat vision down to 3.
The Butcher levels his gaze and a complete skinned and bloody dead fawn appears in the air above Strongman. It falls, strikes him on the shoulder, and bounces off to skid gruesomely across the street. Curses, the Butcher was hoping for a buck, that young one didn't slow him down at all! There's no time to try for a moose and Strongman punches him right in the chest.

The Butcher goes flying backwards and lands painfully on the street. If not for the protection his bandoleer of knives gave him that blow surely would have broken half his ribs!
Lightning Powers: 3 + 3 + 3 + 4 = 13

???? (4): 2 + 3 + 6 + 6 = 17 He beats it.
As Strongman lays his merciless blow The Spark angrily sends a bolt of lightning at the man with the metal arms. His target shrieks like a little girl and cowers in a ball. The lightning bolt shoots right through where his chest was and knocks over a garbage can. The man stands back up. "Haha! None can defeat the almighty Robotarm! Now I will use my incredible power of tactics to defeat you all! Monkey Business, unleash the bananas!"

The ape sighs. "But it's so demeaning. Fine, alright. But that's not tactics, you're just telling me to shoot." Very disdainfully Monkey Business fires his yellow gun at Billiards Boy, launching a large half peeled banana at him!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:33 am

Billards Boy snaps out of it, his vey sexy pose was just being held a bit too long. He ducks slightly as the car explodes in the street, "I never did like that cab company..." with a wince he watches as the Butcher is hit square on by the Strongman. About to move to help the meat wielding man, Billards Boy realizes he himself is under attack. "Well I'll be a Monkey's Uncle!" Lining up his shot the pool cue wielding young man draws back on the stick with his right hand, propped against his left hand fingers, he attempts to strike the incoming banana right back at Monkey Business, he shouts out as he attempts to make contact, "BAD GUY! CORNER POCKET!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:51 pm

This is an opposed roll where whoever rolls lower loses a die. This uses up BB's turn since it includes a proactive attack in addition to a reactive defensive move.

Monkey Business
Banana Gun (3): 5 + 6 + 1 = 12

Billiards Boy
Pool Player (3): 5 + 4 + 1 = 10 Dang it. Pool Player cliche down to 2.
Billiards Boy strikes the banana with his glowing cue dead on, which explodes in a shower of yellow goo on impact. The mess splatters upon his face with the force of a beanbag gun, yuck.

"I don't see why I have to fire bananas simply because of my species," complains Monkey Business. "I don't even like bananas."

"Hey!" says the dark-haired girl in the black and white outfit. "Leave Billiards Boy alone, he's mine. Do you remember me?"

Hey! Billiards Boy does recognize the girl - she was a bar musician two or three years ago that he never called back. Fortunately his secret identity remains safe as no names were exchanged. He had good reason to brush her off though, he was definitely detecting a crazy vibe.

"It's not nice to brush off pretty girls," the girl says coldly. "It seems like men can't appreciate a good heart any more than society can appreciate a good song. I play a catchier tune now though." She taps a few jazz notes that cause the very air to throb and a visible wave of distortion projects from the keyboard and soars upward. The wave strikes the metal supports of a billboard for Capital Brand Toothpaste which explodes with a scream of metal.

Wiping the yellow glob from his eyes Billiards Boy looks up to see the giant billboard of smiling teeth plummet off the building towards him!
Billiards Boy better dodge again!

Yet To Go:
The Butcher still has his turn. He only reacted defensively so his proactive action remains unused, so he can either attack a villain or assist Billiards Boy. All the villains have acted at this point.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:22 pm

*Splat*

Covered in banana goo and knocked back several feet from the impact the young billard's player is completely icky and his pride is really hurt now. "Come on, bananas? Really!? That's so cliche!"

Billards's does recoginze the girl, "I remember you! Oh man I am so sorry, I didn't mean to brush you off, but I wrote your number on my hand, remember? I didn't have any paper, and well, you were so out of my league, and I was so nervous, I was sweating so badly that your number rubbed right off before I could memorize it. I'd been back looking for you, but that jerk of a bartender told me they canceled your act. I was so broken hea....." he glances up at the incoming billboard, "..rted." Billards Boy takes a few steps forward, plants his cue on the inside of the nearby curb and attempts to vault clear of the drop zone of the incoming sign. "Oh baby, don't hate me!"
Pool Cue Mastercliche

I'm warming up to Womanize Cliche the girl!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring