Issue 1: Origin Stories

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Issue 1: Origin Stories

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:20 pm

"Oh that is just mean, Charade is a nice girl you shouldn't try and hurt her." He winces as the bricks fall all over the Super Charade. He replies to Midi's question, "I play honoest pool Midi, no cheating or scamming like Cue Ball used to, its a disgrace to the game to do so." He is looking for an opening to attack the other Villans.
I know I can't do anything again this round, just getting some flavor in here with a reply.

I think maybe I'm not as creative as others, as I don't feel my cliches lend themselves well to doing various thing. I'm glad to see that my Womanizing has come in handy this fight. I have this great image of standing side by side with Midi, she's attacking my friends, I'm attacking hers, and we are bickering back and forth like some old married couple :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:21 pm

"YOU'RE WELCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!" *WHUD*

The Butcher once again picks himself up from the rubble of a newstand. This battle is even more difficult than the time he fought Senor Fist for the charity luchador competition(oh, the enchiladas!)!

Rather than approach the Strongman directly, then, he rolls his eyes in the villain's general direction, hoping to tie him in knots with a string of weissewurst.
Meat Cliche powers activate!

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:17 pm

The Butcher already went this round I'm afraid, it's the same one he tried appealing to Strongman's appetite. Here who still has their turn:

Yet to Go (Good Guys):
Charade
Spark

(Bad Guys)
Car Bomb
Robotarm
Monkey Business
The Butcher tries to summon bonds of meat, but his vision blurs and refuses to obey! He'll need another moment to collect himself, and closes his eyes, struck by a sudden headache. While his eyes are closed he has a momentary hallucination:
Boozehound and Kaiser on a park path? Looks like the area near the Meg in Convenient Park. And why is Blue Boomerang flopping on the ground like a fish? Suddenly black shadows obscure the view.
The lord of links opens his eyes in pain, a little confused by what he just witnessed.

----

"Don't you think that the superior have a right to take what they wish?" responds Midi to Billiards Boy. "Cue Ball was the best billiards player on the planet, it's why that stick you're holding came to him. And I was the most undervalued nightclub pianist in all of Commerce City! It's why Mr. Roboto chose me to wield the sonic keyboard! Winning isn't cheating when you're just better - better than all the slack-jawed scum, yelling for more drinks during songs, trying to drive out the meaningless insignificance of their lives with alcohol's oblivion instead of listening to fine music, and not even tipping afterwards!"

Yeesh, Billiards Boy has a challenge on his hands here.

---

Meanwhile Robotarm confronts The Spark. "Heat up my arms, will you? Face the wrath of my mighty cybernetic appendages!" He runs at the electric hero.
???? (4): 6 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 18

These are special circumstances so The Spark won't receive a defensive roll, but won't lose a die.
The out of shape cyborg runs up and lays a blow right on The Spark's temple! It stings slightly, but even though the man's hand is steel there's not enough force in his hit to actually do any harm. "Ouch," says Robotarm, shaking his metal hand.

'Honestly Robotarm, why do you even bother?" asks Car Bomb in disgust.

And with that the heroes of Hotstuff become aware of what Robotarm's secret primary cliche is:
Robotarm
Thinks He Matters (4): Under normal conditions the puny and pathetic cyborg Robotarm is physically incapable of harming anyone. Despite his inherent weak, cowardly, and ineffective nature he remains convinced that he is a formidable supervillain.
Yet To go in round 2:
Charade
Spark

Villains:
Car Bomb
Monkey Business

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:52 pm

The Spark ducks and panics but relaxes after the punchj lands. He smiles: "You cannot harm me with your arm. No machine can harm me, ha ha ha ha ha."

He turns to monkey business: "And now, monkey: I believe in evolution, so bugger off!" With that, he unleashes a flurry of electricity at monkey business!

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:08 pm

Charade, sorely regretting her Wall of Protection didn't take tries to remember her.... make it better spell. "How did I do that one?" she thinks while villiany oppresses the city. "Was it a revival type mime or the contemporary mime that works best? I wonder if I could resurrect players outside of this forum arena?" She ponders these questions while Billiards Robotarm, Midi, and Carbomb bicker. Feeling that time is running out she begins... she's going to go for broke here.

She ahems for attention and takes a step forward and suddenly buckles her knee. She wobbles and winces from imaginary pain. She tilts and her balance is in danger, falling she grasps the knee. Seated on the hot pavement she thrusts her hands to the heavens as though she were conducting unseen forces to her hands. After a requisite 2 seconds she places both hands softly on her knee smiles a ridiculously large grin and hops back to her feet. Ready to repeat despite Midi's smug gaze she waits for someone to speak up.
Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass:
Cures 2d8 damage +1/level for many creatures of a common party.
Last edited by Amaris on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:22 pm

The Spark
Electric Guy (4): 3 + 6 + 5 + 3 = 17

Monkey Business
Agile Ape (4): 6 + 4 + 4 + 5 = 19 He beats it! Fortunately it was just a defensive action, so you don't lose a die.
Monkey Business drops from the streetlight and the lightning bolt strikes the lamp, causing it to explode. The intelligent animal shields his head from the falling small cubes of glass.

"Oh my, that wasn't nice at all," says Monkey Business. He turns his ridiculously cliche gun and fires another fruit, this time at The Spark! "Alas, it is time for the bananas of war," muses the ape sadly.
Banana Gun (3): 5 + 1 + 2 = 8
Meanwhile Charade continues to mime out her spell.
Charade (spent her action but it needs to be guessed, by anyone)

Car Bomb

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:20 pm

From his work at the Power Plant, The Spark knows when to dodge away before things explode, loose wires shoot electricity at him, nuclear reactors leak, whatever. So he uses his electrician's instincts to dodge the banana!
Using electrician (3) to dodge the banana.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Standing side by side wtih Midi, but on the opposite team Billards Boy bickers and flirts with the villianess as he watches Charad pray to the heavens in pain. "Looks like a good old evengelical bible healing." Billard spins his cue around watching the fight and shouts at Charade, "Praise the Lord, you're healed!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:15 pm

BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

A pillar of darkness soars into the sky. It looks like its coming from Convenient Park. Time seems to slow oddly, it feels as though WEEKS AND WEEKS have passed.

As the pillar grows it casts a black anti-light, someone obscuring the world as it becomes brighter. It also makes everyone's white socks glow very brightly.

Through the darkness Hotstuff hears Car Bomb shout: "They have the staff! Let's get out of here!"

The light fades back to normal. The bad guys are gone, except for Robotarm who apparently ran into a lamppost when he tried fleeing and is out cold.
Last edited by Deadman on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:18 am

The Butcher shakes his head. He walks over to Robotarm and handcuffs him, hoping to at least make some hay under a shining sun. He is first to break the silence.

"So...any idea what that was?"