Madness at the Meg

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Madness at the Meg

Post by Deadman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Jerry claiming to be heroic and eagerly seeking out danger? Something's wrong here. Kaiser sniffs the air suspiciously...
Lassie (4): 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10 Success!
That tingly smell of magic now leads away from the opened grate and into the park. The bad guys must have escaped that way!

Staring into Kaiser and Boomerang's wary faces Boozehound feels a deep sense of dread. There's an attack at Ball Point! Why aren't his allies following him there before it's too late?!

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:33 pm

"Hey what's going on with Kaiser?" Boomerang asks. "Somethings got his attention. Maybe it's another bomb..."

The blue boomerang helps brush some of the soot and dust off of the Boozehound. Hopefully they can check for bombs and get over to ball point quickly.
I like pie.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Kaiser wines
Jerry there is somthing this way, and the same smell is on you, you sure you didn't see anything
The boozehound replies "We have to get to ball point! there is trouble there we must go and help"
ok somthing is definatly wrong with you, have another drink!
kaiser nudges boomerang with his head, in the general direction of the scent, and jaunts ahead tracking the scent.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:48 pm

Kaiser bolts forward with four-legged speed, prompting Boomerang to follow in concern of another bomb.

Boozehound trails after the agile pair, desperate to convince them of the error of their ways. This is all a diversion! There's nothing at the museum!

The three crimefighters see the sunglass man and Doodle round a corner down the tree lined forest path and pass out of view. Kaiser can smell the magic clinging to them - to Boomerang they just looked like a running man and kid, but this is a bit of an odd place to run, seldom used as a jogging path. And what was that stuff on them, wet leaves?

They seem vaguely familiar to Boozehound. Oh right! They're supervillains! But that's not important, the real attack is happening at Ball Point!

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Kaiser barks
Halt! Dont move! really! I'll bite!
Boozehound comments "Shut up Kaiser, bad dog! Dont mind those two, the are just supervillians, we are going the wrong way we need to get to Ball Point, this is just a diversion. I stopped the bomb! i'm a Hero! "

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:25 pm

"Supervillans?!?" The Blue Boomerang exclaims. "I'll bet dollars to dingo's their the ones who set up the bomb."

The Blue Boomerang runs with all his might to try and reach the two dastardly escaping villans.

"Hold it right there you cantankerous curmudgeons!" He yells as he runs as quickly as he can.
Not sure if this is do-able or not, but trying to use the Acrobat cliche to gain ground on the escaping guys.
I like pie.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:36 pm

"NOOOO!" screams boozehound.
"i'm the hero, we need to go to Ball point!"
he hasn't had a drink since he has been hypnotised, perhaps his need for alcahol can shake him free of this brainwashing?

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:10 pm

Perhaps Kaiser isn't hearing him clearly. He needs booze.
3 + 4 + 4 = 11 That's good enough.
A deep swig of whiskey pleasantly blurs the world. Boozehound still believes Ball Point is where they should be, but he doesn't really care anymore.
Acrobat (3): 5 + 4 + 6 = 15 Nice!
Kaiser is surprised to see Boomerang leap up and grab a tree branch and flip ontop of it. The hero quickly climbs the tree and leaps off, bouncing off a small cherry tree, managing to take a shortcut over the green to further down the road. He drops right in front of the two fleeing villains who stop in surprise.

Kaiser and Boozehound catch up behind.

"It didn't work!" shrieks Doodle.

The man lowers his shades and his glowing red eyes stare right at Blue Boomerang. "You're a fish."
Hypnotic Eyes (4): 6 + 5 + 5 + 4 = 20 Damn.

Blue Boomerang will need to summon massive willpower to resist that roll!

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:16 pm

Kaiser sees the mans red eyes and Barks loudly
stop right there villians I super Killer Kaiser of doom am here to vanquish your plot!!!
attempting to use lassie cliche to (unknowingly)attempt to disrupt mr shades, perhapse enough to assist the blue boomerang's roll

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:43 pm

"And you're a long nosed Bandicoot!" the Blue Boomerang retorts using his knowledge of Australian marsupials to try and befuddle the man with funny eyes.
I'm guessing this would fall under boomerang master...
I like pie.