Madness at the Meg

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Madness at the Meg

Post by Deadman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:18 am

Boomerang (4): 3 + 5 + 3 + 4 = 15 You're 5 short. But Kaiser is using up his turn to provide a defensive bonus. I'll add his highest die to your roll. Let's see if it saves you.

Lassie (4): 2 + 2 + 3 + 4. Highest die is 4.

15 + 4 = 19. failure by one!

Boomerang Master cliche down to 3, and Blue Boomerang has some strange ideas planted in his head as you'll see.
The man almost turns around when Kaiser starts barking but manages to maintain his gaze with Boomerang.

Boomerang accuses the man of being a bandicoot, proud that a fish thought of such a witty insult. Hah, nobody can hypnotize the marvelous Blue Boomerang, the amazing crime fighting fish! He'd better wrap up this fight quickly and find a lake to jump in! He hops on his tail closer to the villains

Through his drunken haze Boozehound wonders why Blue Boomerang is hopping around, flapping his arms oddly, and going "blub blub blub."

"Clear a path through the brush!" shouts the man.

"Right!" shouts Doodle. He quickly sketches something in his notebook and a giant flaming chainsaw appears in midair. In seconds it slices a large oak by the road to bits. The chainsaw vanishes as soon as Doodle lifts his pencil from the page and the man and Doodle run over the stump to another path.
They seem more interested in running than fighting. You don't need to roll to keep up with them, you can keep making attacks. But the fight is mobile, they aren't staying in one spot each round.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:25 am

"HA, Your tricks are useless against the Blue Boomerang, My fishy slime coating has protected me from your foolish attack."

"I'll teach you to set off explosions at a public place of historical greatness... FLYING FISH ATTACK!!!!" he yells the last of his sentence as he flops over to the man, and leaps into him.
Sounds like Acrobat to me..

As a side note, can I currently use my boomerang?
I like pie.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:58 pm

Yes, you can still throw the boomerang. But pretending you're a fish and that you have flippers instead of hands makes it harder to grab and throw things, hence the decrease from 4 dice to 3.

Boomerang
Acrobat (3): 4 + 6 + 5 = 15 Nice. Let's see how the man does.

Man With Glasses
Hypnotic Eyes (4): 2 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 13 You win! And he uses up his turn since his defensive move was also his attack. Hypnotic Eyes cliche down to 3.
The man turns around and lowers his shades as Boomerang flops closer. "Need another dose huh? Here ya - oomph!"

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:26 pm

Boozehound hearing all these insults feels eager to join in the frey, his mind is still scrambled from the alcahol, the mind assults, and the confusion of being blown up.

He looks to the ground saddened that he doesnt have any weapons like the Blue Fisharang.

Then he spots it... a little gem.

He walks up to it, pulls out his Poop Scooper, and scoops up the remains of some Labrador, he smiles.

Mustering his master wit the words escape his lips with perfect accuracy "your a poopy face" The boozehound Flings the poo at what seems to be lightning speed.
mans best friend, best friend... King of the poop scooper on mr glasses
The boozehound falls to the ground laughing at his cleverness, tears forming on his dirty drunken face.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Boozehound
Man's Best Friend's Best Friend (4): 5 + 3 + 4 + 4 = 16

Sunglass Man
????? (4): 4 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 11 Fancy move, but the poop wins. This cliche is down to 3.
Knocked down from the fish flop the man in shades looks up to see dog poo zooming towards him. His arms and legs flip around oddly so he can crawl on his back spiderlike, in an unnatural way no human joint could act, but to no avail. The poop strikes him right on the nose.

"Doodle,' he growls. "Get us out of here."

"How?" the kids asks in surprise. This isn't a request he expected.

"Use the staff."

The kid reaches into the burlap bag the man dropped when Boomerang collided with him and pulls out a gleaming golden staff. The entire length of it is covered with intricate abstract designs, and the head is a golden sun with a human face. Metal spikes indicating rays of light ring the keenly awake expression on the sculpture. This must be what they stole from the museum!
Doodle
???? (4): 2 + 6 + 4 + 3 = 15
He pulls it off, but they're not escaped for good.
"Um...Thekhet amun-atum sthetheth ak-munra banebjed!" A dark shadow envelopes the two thieves and they vanish! There's a small thunderclap as air rushes to fill the space their bodies filled.
Lassie (4): 3 + 5 + 4 + 3 = 15 You hear something.
Kaiser hears something from further west in the park...a pop of displaced air. Then he hears voices, too distant for Boomerang or Boozehound to hear but sharp to him.
"I can't believe I did it!" says Doodle.

"Don't celebrate yet kid, you didn't take us straight to the citadel like I hoped. This is just a few hundred yards away. We need to keep moving."

"My legs...I'm so exhausted..."

"Staff took something out of ya? I'll try to buy us some time..."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:53 pm

Kaiser tells boozehound of the voices and the direction.

Kaiser jumps up on the Blue Fisherang and licks his face, hoping to knock the "fish" out of him.
attempting to heal a dice for Blue Boomerang
Boozehound starts to wander toward the voices, "hide and seek huh?"

"Barko" he waits for the 'polo' response and walks closer to the voices, stumbling over the bushes, drinking a snippet of Saki

kaiser starts to track them.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Lassie (4): 6 + 5 + 1 + 6 = 18 A mighty fine roll. That'll snap him out of it.

Boomerang master cliche back up to 4.
Water! On his face! On his nose! He can breathe! Wait...fish don't have noses... That's not water, it's dog drool!

Boomerang stands up, blessedly believing himself to be human.
Better hurry after the two thieves. Who knows what they're up to?

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:17 pm

"Ughh, that was wierd... I'll have to remember that flying fish attack thing though, Seemed to work pretty well...."

The Blue Fis... Boomerang runs towards the old guy and child. hoping to catch up to them once again. With this large of a lead he's got to push himself again...
trying to use Acrobat cliche again to gain some lost ground.
I like pie.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:23 pm

Kaiser Darts ahead, doggie speed with doggy nose tracking them down! Barking all the way to lead the other two.
You wont get away!!! Jerry Move your ass!
Boozehound struggles behind, stumbling and drinking. He stops and looks around "I dont have a donkey... or do I?"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:52 pm

Catching up to the bad guys is automatic for now, since they stopped to do something nefarious. Let's see how well the man did:

Hypnotic Eyes (3): 6 + 5 + 6 = 17
Pretty good for him unfortunately. He gets one for each 5, so that's 3. "One what" you ask?

Doodle (4): 6 + 4 + 6 + 3 = 19 Insidiously effective.
The trio rush through the park, passing under towering green cathedral arches of trees, past joggers and bicycle enthusiasts, and through a couple flower beds. They make it through the park to Llama Lawn in record time.

Llama lawn is a great open field of grass, used for sunbathing, picnics, and frisbee tournaments. Now however it is a scene of chaos! People run in terror from an immense medieval catapult situated on the field!

A young crying woman runs up and grabs Boozehound's arm. "They took my baby!" To the heroes' horror they can see a baby in the catapult, ready to be launched!

The man and Doodle stand at its base, flanked by three shirtless men in shorts. One of them holds a frisbee.

"Now you have a choice heroes. Chase us, or save the baby! Doodle drew the rope as frayed so this thing will launch any second! Make the right decision!"

The two villains go running off.

"Are you sure it'll be ok...?" asks Doodle fearfully.

"Grow a spine kid."

Boomerang notices that Doodle is keeping his pencil tip pressed to the page of the notebook - it seems his drawings only exist as long as he maintains contact! Of course, dismissing the catapult now would send the baby plummeting to the ground, not helpful at this precise moment. But a weakness to keep in mind...

The three hypnotized frisbee players move forward to attack the heroes.

"Must defend baby from two supervillains and rabid dog...baby must stay in giant safety spoon..."