Returning to our story...

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Returning to our story...

Post by Deadman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:30 am

Last time on Mystery Men: Commerce City fate wrote: Mayor Public assembled a collection of the city's bravest vigilantes to face a mysterious threat predicted by the hero Super Sol, who was unable to stop it himself due to his weakness of only having powers during the Summer Solstice. The threat turned out to be an out of control flying saucer, hijacked by a mysterious device attached to its side. After our heroes proved victorious, the alien pilot Space John F. Kennedy, the ship and the device were all taken to Progress Labs on Science! Island for further study.

Our heroes adopted the team name H.O.T.S.T.U.F.F. and began converting the abandoned theater The Callope into a headquarters while awaiting a scheduled visit to Science! Island. Their tranquil week was interrupted by two separate acts of villany:

1. The destruction of Ball Point by a nefarious band of villains (Car Bomb, Midi, Strongman, Monkey Business, and the puny Robotarm) who claimed to work for the unknown mastermind Mr. Roboto.

2. The theft of a golden staff from the Megolopis Museum of Art by an unnamed man in reflective sunglasses and his young partner in crime, a boy named Doodle with the apparent power to create anything he drew in his notebook.

The two thieves used the staff's power to briefly elude our heroes by teleporting through Convenience Park. Finally cornered the two unleashed a burst of elemental shadow from the staff, momentarily blanketing the entire city in darkness.

When the darkness cleared the villains had all escaped and the staff missing as well, but for Doodle and Robotarm, both captured and brought back to the Calliope for further questioning...
The Renaissance theater turned hero headquarters is still mid-renovation. Random workmen mill around and walk past carrying planks of wood and plaster and the smell of paint in overwhelming.

Most of the seats in the theater have been removed for additional space, except for a few by the stage which is being restored as an homage to the space's history (and it never hurts to have a line of comfy chairs).

Handcuffed to the brand new red velvet seats on either side of the central aisle in front are Robotarm and Doodle. Two police officers stand close over them, their Miranda Rights read and prepared to take them to prison when HOTSTUFF concludes questioning.
Feel free to question either villain and talk with each other.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Returning to our story...

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:50 pm

The Spark builds himself up before Robotarm. "Ok, Jimbo. Tell me everything!!!!!!" He really tries to emphasize the six exclamation marks.
He holds his open hands about a foot apart and has sparks flying from one hand to the other.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:03 pm

Boozehound gives the spark a funny look

"here try this, it helps" he hands the spark a flask of vodka.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:10 pm

Billards Boy managed to get himself a ride home from the reporter and gave her a private interview at the same time. His charm held out just long enough for that. Perhaps even getting her digits for a call later tonight. Regardless of that the billards playing young man stands behind Robotarm, around the man he has his Triangle looped, or hold the man's arms pinned close to his torso. In his hand is his stick, ready to *bonk* the villan on the head if he gets out of hand. He waps the man on the head after The Spark orders the villans to spill it all, "Answer him!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:00 pm

Both sides rolled a 15. Direct physical intimidation won't work with just threats, but the police won't be too pleased if you start beating him up! You can still get information from him by other approaches.
Robotarm whimpers then straights up in resolve. "You don't scare me. I'm the mighty Robotarm! The penultimate blend of man and machine!"

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:05 pm

Boozehound speaks up looking robot arm in the eyes.

"Hey Mister Fister, care for a drink?"
flask of everclear :twisted:

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:44 pm

"Well...um, I suppose that is rather gentlemanly of you. You're clearly the intellectual leader of this group," Robotarm tells the intoxicated unwashed drunkard. "Sure, I'll take a swig."

He takes a tiny tiny sip from a flask marked with a skull and crossbones and immediately begins coughing. "Gah, waaaagaaaah wagaaaaaah! Fllfffpppt!" It clearly is causing him a great deal of physical pain. "Just the way I like it! It's almost strong enough to affect me!" He takes another swig and slumps in his chair, drunk beyond belief. "Whatanisheplasheyougothere. Wadder we was talkin' bout?"

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Charade shoves Boozehound out of the way. "Listen, fella, you want to stay out of prison?" She leans in to whisper in his ear, "You know they will use you like a bucket of old parts in there..." Unable to gauge the effect her threat has on him she demands to the group behind her "A cup of coffee and a cigarette now folks!". Waiting for them she adds "Maybe you can tell us something about what just went down, downtown? Something that might... avoid you mingling with a certain part of the prison population?" "Where's that coffee and cig?!"
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 pm

Boozehound holds his head "damn Mimester... i got a headache" he takes a sip. "god she has a loud voice"

Kaiser whines to boozehound and Jerry places his ear near the dogs mouth as the dog whimpers very softly.

"ok kaiser i'll try" jerry takes a deep breath and a sip of the black flask

"hey man... dont listen to her... she is a moody chick, cause she cant have any [hic] of me." He smiles... black teeth grinning.

"come on pal... your in deep crap, the cops are on ya, and your criminal buddies left ya behind. we are drinking buddies now, you should spill your guts to your 'bartender'"

He smiles to charade... "ya know handi man... your quite the leader of this group, i bet you could even impress miss panto-panties over there..." "tell me how you organized it all?"
hmmm lowlife interigation techniques getting him drunk and petting his ego... good cop bad cop with charade... sorry amaris... my character is an ass, i'm actually pretty cool

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:50 pm

"Organishe? *HiC* I'm above slimple aministrashun work! I'm Robotarm! All tha detailsh were made by Mishter Roboto. He thinks hees sosmart, that he'sh in charge. Well, some pleeple are little pictshure. They handle thaplan of whatado, whotoattack, and they deshign make and surgically attash your robot armsh. Other people are leadersh. They have the robot armsh."

He turns to Amaris. "Did I hear coffee? Mageit black. Anything lessh will haf no effegged on my mighty frame!"

Doodle sighs. "Ugh, what a loser. Can I be interrogated separately?"